Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2014, 04:12 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,460,012 times

Advertisements

Some people in "Novorossia" are finally realizing that Putin has been manipulating them (and Russia) all along.

For eastern Ukrainians, a growing doubt: Is Russia manipulating us? - CSMonitor.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 05:37 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,454 times
The secretary forwards an invitation to participate in the G2 leaders meeting to Putin.
Putin asks penetratingly: "Is Obama coming to Moscow?"
"No, you are going to Pyongyang," meets the secretary with astonishment.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:45 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times
I find it pathetic that Russia boasts about exporting gas and oil to China or elsewhere, so essentially that is what Russia has going for it? Russia is a gas station basically.

Nothing else except oil and gas.

According to the IMF, Russia's current economy is $2.1 trillion while the U.S is 16.7 trillion. By 2019 it is estimated to be $2.4 trillion for Russia, while the U.S economy will stand at $22 trillion!

Russia will never supplant the U.S-ever!

Old 07-31-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
)

Crimea is Russia.
Alaska is Russia.
Everything in the world is Russia, except for Kosovo.
Kosovo is Serbia.

http://forum.wotmista.ru/uploads/Fil...7854a8fd28.jpg

I have a bridge in my back yard, call me if interested

Old 07-31-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Wow, 57th and 50th, that is better than most of the world; you do realize how many countries there are in the world don't you? That is why I stated "relative to the world", as you made the comparison to the world.

Why not discuss another economic indicator?
GDP (PPP) - Russia is ranked 6th in the world.
GDP (Nominal) - Russia is ranked 8th in the world.

GDP per capita (PPP) - Russia ranks 58th, which puts it ahead of countries like Mexico, Turkey, Romania, China, Brazil (heck, all of S. America except Chile), Ukraine, Georgia, India, all of Africa; but yea, Russia is just doing horrible. What is great is that many of those countries I listed above, like S. American countries and Mexico, are strongly aligned with the US and West.

Allied with the West, what are talking about?! Seriously, so being allied with the West is supposed to make those nations magically rich?! Are you out of your mind!?

Russia's stats SUCK for a world power, it is middle imcome, poorer than the West, and equal to many countries in Latin America.

You compare it with African countries and India, to show that Russia is rich? Pathetic!

Old 07-31-2014, 06:48 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times
Re: 'land for gas'...

Europe and Russia are both 'white on rice' when it comes to 'energee'. Those 'talks' by nature sure have to be complicated. Meanwhile nobody knows who the hell shot a plane out of the sky. And after all what we've seen Russia may want recognition for the Crimean annexation? What a world we're in kids...;-)....

Old 07-31-2014, 07:10 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Some people in "Novorossia" are finally realizing that Putin has been manipulating them (and Russia) all along.
I disagree, all governments manipulate. It's called propaganda and the Ukrainians know this, at least the intelligent ones do anyway. I think that they realize the they cannot depend on Moscow to help them as Putin is only serving himself and his people hoping to avoid personal losses and things like that. What he/they don't seem to realize is the price they will pay for losing the faith of their people will be very high.

Russians expect strong decisive leadership. Not weak vacillating self serving ones.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:04 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
I find it pathetic that Russia boasts about exporting gas and oil to China or elsewhere, so essentially that is what Russia has going for it? Russia is a gas station basically.

Nothing else except oil and gas.

According to the IMF, Russia's current economy is $2.1 trillion while the U.S is 16.7 trillion. By 2019 it is estimated to be $2.4 trillion for Russia, while the U.S economy will stand at $22 trillion!

Russia will never supplant the U.S-ever!
McCain talking points I see.

Besides oil and gas, you forgot; mining, fishing, chemicals, heavy industry, etc. Oil and gas actually only make up a little over 50% of Russia's total exports, which is about the same as Norway, are you going to call Norway nothing but a gas station?.

And a country that exports gas and oil (energy) has a lot going for it. In case you have not noticed, the entire global economy operates off of energy, the US has crafted its entire foreign policy around energy supplies, energy is the most important resource and industry any country can have.

No one ever stated about Russia supplanting the US as the global economic giant, I have no idea where you even get that from.

If Russia was not of economic significance, the West would not be dancing around the sanctions game, but fact is the West is heavily reliant on Russian energy.

What is your education level? You seem to be weak regarding global economics. It is one thing to have an opinion regarding the future of Ukraine and Russia's role, but it is another to demonstrate a total lack of understanding regarding the global economy. Just the fact you mentioned an almost word for word McCain talking point leads me to believe you really take your opinions from the media with almost no cognitive thought on your own. While I disagree with a few posters here, at least they have their own, sometimes very well constructive opinions no matter how radical they can get.

Last edited by k350; 07-31-2014 at 09:16 PM..

Old 07-31-2014, 09:06 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Allied with the West, what are talking about?! Seriously, so being allied with the West is supposed to make those nations magically rich?! Are you out of your mind!?

Russia's stats SUCK for a world power, it is middle imcome, poorer than the West, and equal to many countries in Latin America.

You compare it with African countries and India, to show that Russia is rich? Pathetic!
Try reading the post I was replying to so you can understand the context of my post.

Russia exceeds every Latin American country except Chile for per capita GDP, and is the sixth largest economy in the world, hardly stats that suck.

But of course if you even read the post I was replying to, you would understand what I was even talking about as your comment makes zero sense in the discussion.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:00 PM

750 posts, read 907,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite

Ukraine had different economy than them.

The ran away former Ukrainian president has Ukrainian parents.
No, he was Belorussian, pay attention his Belorussian surname.

But you right - he was typical "thief", like his parents, that runaway from Belarus to Donbass after WWII.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe