Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2014, 03:10 PM

238 posts, read 198,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post

By the way, Selena, is it you?
No, it's not me, but I know the woman with machine gun and she is another person than that naked girl. She is English teacher, not prostitute. Naked one is blonde too, but face is quite different, try to look at her face) You didn't reply me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2014, 07:54 PM

566 posts, read 503,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Yeah, you guys really showed the West who's the boss in the Winter War and in Afghanistan Id call that a really selective memory.
Actually, Russia took 80% of Afghanistan in just 6 months; one of the most successful military victories in history. Now, yes, they had trouble holding it; but heck, what do you expect when the devil CIA supported the terrorist regime of Taliban, Mujahedeen, Al Qaeda, etc. who then turned around and staged 9/11?!

US created regimes are falling all over the place, Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Lybia; soon Pakistan, Jordan, Sudan, Turkey will fall... ifcourse Cuba, North Korea are next too; anarchy, chaos, war, will rule.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:16 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
Don't use such words.
It's reality. Or was. Don't try to censor facts, buddy.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:22 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
The one in which Finland kicked your ass.
Sorry, I had to refresh my memory on that war, so here it goes;

"The military history of Finland during World War II encompasses three major conflicts. The first two of these – the defensive Winter War in 1939–1940, and the Continuation War alongside the Axis Powers in 1941–1944 – were waged against the Soviet Union. The third one, the Lapland War in 1944–1945, followed the signing of an armistice agreement with the Allied Powers, which stipulated expulsion of German forces from Finnish territory.
By the end of hostilities, Finland managed to defend its independence, but had to cede nearly 10% of its territory, including its second largest city, Viipuri, and pay out a large amount of war reparations to the Soviet Union."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Militar...g_World_War_II

OK, to make the long story short - you need to look at the end result.
It was about that particular time ( "every 100 years or so," when the world was uniting against Russia..)
and as practice showed, Finland was part of that "unification."
So it was a preemptive strike on Russian part not because they were so interested in subjugation of Finns, or were really craving their territories ( as if Russians don't have enough of their own snow )))) - but just look at the proximity of St. Petersburg to Finnish border.
So at the end, when Russians got rid of much bigger menace than "Finns," - I don't think they cared much about Finns remaining independent. I don't believe that having them as part of one big happy Soviet family was a priority for Russians, ever.

Old 08-25-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
You have to remember that this is the worst propaganda there is available (from a Russian perspective).
Since WHEN do you know what's best what's worst from Russian perspective Ariete?
Are you secretly fighting among DNR troops by now, overwhelmed by the power of events?

Quote:
Ok, a 1944 revival, and that was humiliating at the time, and people here in the west had gone forward even before. Farmer Günther Bauer from Aschaffenburg wasn't responsible for Hitler's acts. Those parades would've been unacceptable already in 1815.
I suspect too many "unacceptable" things by standards of the 1815 took place by 1945, so I don't even know what you are talking about...

Quote:
These acts of humiliation only reinforce the barbarian or untermensch mentality about Russians in all of us.
Worry not about "untermench" theories and worry more about "ubermensch" mentality.
How did this one work out last time - remember?

Quote:
And the less we want to have to do with these people.
Oh but money, oh but the gas))))

Quote:
If Europeans will ever accept the Russians as even nearly equals, you can't just throw Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky towards us, when the reality is road rage dashcam videos, bad-behaving babushkas and leather-coat mafia bandits leading football clubs.
Here is the problem I see right there - the type of Russians you describe above don't seem to care about it a bit I suspect...
No, wait, the more I think about them and their beady eyes - they definitely don't give a damn about such thing

And the ones who read Tolstoy and Dostoevsky, are usually not in a habit of throwing big fat books at people))))

Last edited by erasure; 08-25-2014 at 11:16 PM..

Old 08-25-2014, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
does Russia really want another new independent state at its border, who is permanently
fighting in words and deeds with another neighbor ?
Russia already made clear that they wanted one Ukraine under a Yanukovich-like government.

Oh don't be so German and don't ask too many questions IN ADVANCE.
Think about Russians as Germans in reverse; Russians figure things out as they go, not BEFORE it))))

Old 08-25-2014, 11:47 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/26..._r=1&referrer=

Old 08-25-2014, 11:57 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times
Graves of Russian soldiers, who's passports were found in a burned out APC were found. Whoops.

Появились фотографии могил псковских десантников

Also: Russian paratroopers captured in E.-Ukraine; Including pictures and VK pictures on twitter:

Russian Paratroopers 'Captured' In Ukraine

Old 08-26-2014, 12:21 AM

847 posts, read 1,180,036 times
Northwindsforever

I don't censor facts, I ask Ariete not to use racist terms such as "untermensch".
I think I have a right to do so, because I've never insulted Finns on this forum. On the contrary, I praised Helsinki University and so on.

And he insulted not this or that politician, but a nation, while he used "untermensch" word.

I think it's better for me to enjoy the last days of summer, than to sit here.

Last edited by Muscovite; 08-26-2014 at 12:38 AM..

Old 08-26-2014, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
Northwindsforever

I don't censor facts, I ask Ariete not to use racist terms such as "untermensch".
Eh, don't worry too much Muscovite - Ariete is all about misplaced emotions))))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe