Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2014, 05:35 PM

435 posts, read 420,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Ah, gotcha.
80% of Kiev still speaks Russian?
How about the rest of Ukraine?
west- only on Ukrainian, east- only on Russian, south- also almost always on Russian, and centr- 50/50)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 05:38 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
80% of Kiev still speaks Russian?
I'd say 70 to 80% of Ukrainians use Russian as their 1st language.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:41 PM

5 posts, read 4,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by witjka View Post
Dear Americans, and your media mention that when Ukraine got rid of nuclear weapons, the United States, Britain and Russia signed an agreement stating that they will be the guarantors of the inviolability of borders and independence of Ukraine? And now Russia tries to take Ukrainian territory, but the U.S. and the UK is very slow and react poorly. What you are saying about it
What do you suppose they do? The United States is now withdrawing from Afghanistan, it would be dumb to rush into a war. Obama has handled this fine so far imo.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:42 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
I understand. But so these pieces are folded in whole picture. Do you agree?
Hold on, I think you are referring to information that I've posted here in English

//www.city-data.com/forum/europ...untries-7.html

(post 68)

and here it is in Russian.

Ñîáûòèÿ íà Óêðàèíå - ßáëî÷íûé ñàä - ôîðóìû ÃÎÄà ßÃËÎÊÎ

post 1256

(You might like this forum - there are "good Russians" there and they try to dig as much information as they can, although it's not easy with Russian media as well.)

PS. But keep in mind, that although this information sounds quite realistic, I can't verify it.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow10 View Post
What do you suppose they do? The United States is now withdrawing from Afghanistan, it would be dumb to rush into a war. Obama has handled this fine so far imo.
Tomorrow NATO begins studies in the Black sea. Russians do not know how will behave Americans, and to be afraid... They felt strongly about that interfered NATO in a conflict in Crimea.. And we thought that NATO wanted to get a place in the Black sea for a fleet...As a competitor of Russia. Now we wait that will be.We can not know exactly.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
But you understood
There are few Russians here and Ukrainians are stopping by.

Quote:
I wrote, that the International monetary fund does not need a south and east,
otherwise all credit will pay the social necessities of people.

I do not understand it, because from what I know, your industry is in the Eastern regions of the country, they are the ones who pay the most in the country's budget.

Quote:
Ukraine means must give Crimea, and a south and east can for 2 weeks.
I don't understand what you are saying.

Quote:
Then will write an agreement about entering into European Union.
What "entering the European Union?"
Who told you that Ukraine is entering the European Union?
It's called "association agreement," not membership in E.U.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Hold on, I think you are referring to information that I've posted here in English

//www.city-data.com/forum/europ...untries-7.html

(post 68)

and here it is in Russian.

Ñîáûòèÿ íà Óêðàèíå - ßáëî÷íûé ñàä - ôîðóìû ÃÎÄà ßÃËÎÊÎ

post 1256

(You might like this forum - there are "good Russians" there and they try to dig as much information as they can, although it's not easy with Russian media as well.)

PS. But keep in mind, that although this information sounds quite realistic, I can't verify it.

I am very heavy to talk with Russians. Did you hear, how do their newspapers, television and internet tell? It did us enemies...Putin distorts everything, Russians disbelieve Ukrainians, it is informative war, and Putin won it...

Old 03-09-2014, 05:51 PM

5 posts, read 4,210 times
Quote:
Tomorrow NATO begins studies in the Black sea. Russians do not know how will behave Americans, and to be afraid... They felt strongly about that interfered NATO in a conflict in Crimea.. And we thought that NATO wanted to get a place in the Black sea for a fleet...As a competitor of Russia. Now we wait that will be.We can not know exactly.
A couple days ago a United States ship was sent into the Black via the Hellespont. Not sure where it is but apparently it is in there. I didnt know about NATO being there. I believe I read that they had a few planes in the Baltic states.

Old 03-09-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I am very heavy to talk with Russians. Did you hear, how do their newspapers, television and internet tell? It did us enemies...Putin distorts everything, Russians disbelieve Ukrainians, it is informative war, and Putin won it...
These people are not listening to official Russian propaganda; they have their own party and their own opinions.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:01 PM

Quote:
I do not understand it, because from what I know, your industry is in the Eastern regions of the country, they are the ones who pay the most in the country's budget.

All so think about east, but it is a lie. A profit brings Dnepropetrovsk and Kharkov only. Donetsk and Lugansk - only losses. And all income is in the pockets of financial groups, but not in the budget of country

Quote:
What "entering the European Union?"
Who told you that Ukraine is entering the European Union?
It's called "association agreement," not membership in E.U.
At first Ukraine talked about an association agreement, but last information- that Ukraine will be MEMBER of the European union. In 2 weeks, if all will be successful. Here it and riddle...the European union very quickly changed an association on MEMBERSHIP. It only argues that the Ukrainian government will go on everything for the sake of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe