Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2014, 09:27 AM

435 posts, read 420,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
What are the chances of Transnistria being able to join Russia?

Based on their 2006 referendum, 98% of Transnistrians want to integrate into Russia. The only problem is that land isn't as useful as Crimea and it is also not contagious to Russia.
Transnistrian independence referendum, 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Putin didn't accept it back then because he weighed the possible effect it will have with the West, but now that he has done it with Crimea, I think it isn't a big deal to annex Transnistria, South Ossetia, and Abzkhia.
Separatists of Transnistria already made the statement to Russia on accession...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2014, 09:49 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,974,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
Separatists of Transnistria already made the statement to Russia on accession...
I know… but Kremlin hasn't responded yet...

Old 03-19-2014, 11:03 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
According to the West
Left picture: Legitimate power comes in Kiev
Right picture: Russian military lawlessness.

maksim......What Russia has done with its annexation as a response to the Kievian protests is destroying and making a mockery of the concept of so-called 'liberty' at the same time it is supposed to provide some sort of security for ALL people in its 'boundaries'. Rather than security he really gives upheaval.

Orwell , the great political writer of his age, knows that the kind of setup you have shown in those videos is precisely what destroys 'liberty.' I think your example is egregiously false. It truly is 'propaganda' that many sadly believe. It is simply another nail in the coffin for the destruction of what true liberty and freedom really is.

Old 03-19-2014, 11:37 AM

957 posts, read 1,133,381 times
will be a total chaos

Old 03-19-2014, 12:44 PM

9,366 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
will be a total chaos

I'll never forget Uncle Johnny, of blessed memory, who told me, "Every country ... eh, eh, eh, ... is like a business."

No, not chaos, but business as usual.

Human history clearly shows that the difference between that certain group of men called mafia and that certain group of men called government is that government rules in the name of legality.

Mafias - as gangs in the fields, on the streets, the high seas and in the air, as businessmen, and as governments - duke it out amongst themselves, and the victor defines legality.

In hoc signo vinces.

Reality among men - and not adolescent ideologies - shows that the best safeguard of liberty for the average citizen is balance of power among mafias.

Last edited by bale002; 03-19-2014 at 01:02 PM..

Old 03-19-2014, 01:00 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
Quote:
What are the chances of Transnistria being able to join Russia?

Based on their 2006 referendum, 98% of Transnistrians want to integrate into Russia. The only problem is that land isn't as useful as Crimea and it is also not contagious to Russia.
Transnistrian independence referendum, 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Putin didn't accept it back then because he weighed the possible effect it will have with the West, but now that he has done it with Crimea, I think it isn't a big deal to annex Transnistria, South Ossetia, and Abzkhia.
I have not been in South Ossetia, so I do not know what moods there. I was in Abkhazia this summer. I think Abkhazians do not want to be part of Russia. They engaged in tourism and do not like to strain. They are satisfied.

We do not have a land border with Transnistrians, and this is a big problem. Also, I'm not sure that the Russians will rejoice accession Transnistrians as happy accession Crimea. Russian always considered that Crimea was disconnected dishonest.

I do not know what Putin thinks about Transnistria, it's a big risk.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italian (x)lurker View Post
will be a total chaos

Head of Channel humiliated for what he showed Putin's speech. This freedom of speech in the Ukraine.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
According to the West
Left picture: Legitimate power comes in Kiev
Right picture: Russian military lawlessness.

maksim......What Russia has done with its annexation as a response to the Kievian protests is destroying and making a mockery of the concept of so-called 'liberty' at the same time it is supposed to provide some sort of security for ALL people in its 'boundaries'. Rather than security he really gives upheaval.

Orwell , the great political writer of his age, knows that the kind of setup you have shown in those videos is precisely what destroys 'liberty.' I think your example is egregiously false. It truly is 'propaganda' that many sadly believe. It is simply another nail in the coffin for the destruction of what true liberty and freedom really is.
This is not entirely propaganda. It is rather a joke. These two pictures show how the Russian see the situation. And it's true or not, everyone decides for himself.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:22 PM

435 posts, read 420,629 times
Quote:
I know… but Kremlin hasn't responded yet...
They are occupied with the Crimea. And then will be occupied with our East.
Transnistria in turn will be the following.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:41 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe