Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 10:14 AM

435 posts, read 420,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
Putin:
> [in early 2000s]
> we [Putin,Kuchma] admitted de facto and de jure that Crimea was Ukrainian territory,
> thereby closing the issue.
> ...but ...
> ....
> ...Russian speakers ... civilized ... crisis ...

the clear message is, that Russia will always find reasons ("ethically" justified or not, who knows)
to violate her treaties - and then consider that completely legal.
But then, who will be doing treaties with Russia in the first place ?
And without treaties how can we ensure that the nukes won't be used ?
What if more and more countries, Ukraine,Iran,Geo'rgia,... are getting nukes
America already opened programs for production of the nuclear weapon for 5 countries for 2015...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 10:30 AM

435 posts, read 420,858 times
In the Crimea the Russian military just killed the Ukrainian military.... in total.... It probably war!

Old 03-18-2014, 10:33 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,975,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
America already opened programs for production of the nuclear weapon for 5 countries for 2015...
which 5

Old 03-18-2014, 10:48 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,975,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
That's it, politicians all over the world tend to be hypocritical, and Putin is no exception.
106 countries have recognized the independence of Kosovo,
but only Russia has recognized the independence of Crimea…
Maybe soon Venezuela, Syria, Iran, North Korea, and Cuba will also recognize Russia's annexation.
China is unlikely to officially state their position.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:50 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,619,209 times
Quote:
And no, the west does not "hate" Russia. It may not like what Putin is doing in Ukraine, but I don't think this is the beginning of some sort of cold war....again.....
You know I'm at the opposite end as to where this is going. Pessimistic. I think we in the West are now seeing a Russia more likely to use its weight to advance their agendas. They breakl the egss and elave it to others to figure out how to clean it up. believe Putin is using the 'West' card to foment all that stuff going on. Russians get the dose day in and ay out. Seems they love giving it to the Amerikanski!...;-)....

Old 03-18-2014, 11:03 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I am actually a woman.
My apologies, ma'am.

Quote:
But that's precisely what East Ukrainians are saying - "We don't want to clean toilets for Germans and the French as Balts and Poles are doing." Why they should be forced to do what YOU think is right?
This is the question I'd like to ask YOU, my friend!

As I said before, I'm all about giving people a choice. It's up to an individual, if they want to clean toilets or not, being it for Germans, French or RUSSIANS, for that matter.

If somebody doesn't want to clean toilets, they should try to find a job of their dreams. If somebody wants to clean toilets and is happy, there is nothing wrong with this choice. A job is a job.

Quote:
If that's what East Ukrainians want, they should be able to do it. And if that's what West Ukrainians don't want, they should be able to do it as well.
Absolutely! As long as it is what they want. However, watching those people waving Soviet flags with the image of Stalin on them, I'm not sure what their expectations are after joining Russia. Because this Russia doesn't exist anymore (oh wait, does it?). When tomorrow hits, it may hit 'em hard.

Quote:
But then, again, I shouldn't have forgotten that Donbass region was inseparable part of Russian history; the massive strikes in pre-revolutionary times, the five-year plans during industrialization, the WWII - this region has Russian history written all over it and this history is in blood and veins of these people. That's something that you can't erase from their collective memory - their heroic deeds and suffering, their trials and tribulations, even though it might be irrelevant to you and me.
You always forget (naturally?) about the younger generation(s). They don't have this attachment to the Soviet-era past. Those young people will never accept any attempts to turn the clock back, as hard as Der Fuehrer tries. For these young people, the past is dead. It's over, and will never come back.

Those people waving Soviet flags that you care so much about are already dead! Dead people trying to hold onto their long gone dead past.

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 03-18-2014 at 11:42 AM..

Old 03-18-2014, 12:07 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,236,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Does anyone when the date for formal accession is?
International agreement signed today.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
In the Crimea the Russian military just killed the Ukrainian military.... in total.... It probably war!
Where did you get the information?

Old 03-18-2014, 12:16 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,345,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
International agreement signed today.
*bilateral

Old 03-18-2014, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Where did you get the information?
Yeah, I guess that's true. In Crimea still have military units which obey the Ukrainian government. I wonder how the situation will develop at Perekop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe