Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2014, 01:38 PM

261 posts, read 256,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
http://voiceofrussia.com/2014_03_08/Crimean-referendum-to-join-Russia-certainly-complies-with-international-law-expert-8718/

Jon Hellevig , Finnish
Jon Hellevig, a Finnish lawyer,

http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Hellevig

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx?from=&to=en&a=http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Hellevig

================================================== ======

Argentine leader Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner
> How can you call yourselves guarantors of world stability, if you do not apply the same
> standards for everyone? It looks like the Crimeans cannot express their will, but the
> residents of the Falklands can. There is zero logic in that

================================================== ==========

https://www.facebook.com/jonhellevig

the usual Russian rhetorics (propaganda)
no attempt of a serious legal analysis

sorry to bump, but I couldn't edit anymore
I'm looking for a better forum to discuss this
any suggestions ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 01:39 PM

435 posts, read 420,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
And they had a choice? There was not. Your army can not cope with the Russian army, it is a fact. Putin easily won this round in the big political game. While you scream about their heroes and glory, Ukraine is falling apart. You poke a stick at the bear and the bear was offended.
you don't understand... Really isn't able to realize that victims would be from both parties?
Here I have a question: if Ukrainians started shooting, how many lives of the brothers you were ready to give for the Crimea?

Old 03-18-2014, 01:43 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
you don't understand... Really isn't able to realize that victims would be from both parties?
Here I have a question: if Ukrainians started shooting, how many lives of the brothers you were ready to give for the Crimea?
I do not define public policy in Russia, so I can not answer your question.

Old 03-18-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsgsgs View Post
https://www.facebook.com/jonhellevig

the usual Russian rhetorics (propaganda)
no attempt of a serious legal analysis

sorry to bump, but I couldn't edit anymore
I'm looking for a better forum to discuss this
any suggestions ?
at all forums same.
Russians aren't capable to the analysis in principle (their most part). Maybe you will see one comment from hundred which will be adequate and constructive.
Others 99-it blind chauvinism and huge pride of the president...

Old 03-18-2014, 01:58 PM

5 posts, read 4,733 times
I can hardly speak English , use Google translator .
I live in Moscow, Russia .
Would like to express its views on the issue of sanctions against that wish to enter Russia .
1 - Ready to impose sanctions on officials to block accounts and assets in other countries. Most Russian really want to introduce such sanctions , we really help you in the fight against corruption.
2 - Exclusion of Russia G8. Correctly it is necessary to exclude , G7 was created as a club for dialogue what to do with Russia , adding to this club you got aponenta Russia ( companion with whom you can engage in dialogue ) exclude Russia from the club and continue to lead with a monologue . It is more harmful than the west of Russia.
3 - Pradlagayu not to stop re-enter the abolition of tourist visas . (this request ) . Russia for its part, will facilitate obtaining tourist visas , come to us in Russia , on vacation, on an excursion to see how we live .
4 - Sanctions against business. I hope that this will not happen , as the damage will be the one and the other. Business intermediaries will use the country for their cases .
Scare you here that Russia will continue to build nuclear power plant in Crimea , such issues will be addressed at the highest level and not at the level of Rosatom , I'm sure that the construction of a nuclear power plant will not. In Russia we have a very well remember Chernobyl and its repetition or who do not want to .
No one is going to humiliate the Crimea, conduct repression , Crimea will raise , in the Crimea will be a big investment. All you have seen what has been done in Sochi , the Crimea will be better, but it takes a lot of time.
In the world there is a big information war , friends do not let yourself to impose someone else's opinion , the Internet will help you, go to popular sites in other countries, politicians do not read reviews , and ordinary citizens.
ßÏëàêàëú visit , Russian popular entertainment portal , many topics about Ukraine , Crimea, America. Built translator in your browser will help you understand the mood of the Russian people, a lot of irony in the comments , jokes, but aggression against other countries do not .
Friends from the U.S. , I would advise to look at their president , he is what democracy in other countries , go to the last news of Libya , 3 years ago, the U.S. has put democracy in this country , look at what is happening there. United States brought their democracy in Ukraine giving 5,000,000,000 support Maidan , the result - you are discussing in this thread . It is not necessary to carry democracy to where it does not expect a big difference in culture , development, religion other countries.
Question for U.S. residents - the truth is that in your history books written that won World War 2 U.S.? ?

Old 03-18-2014, 02:22 PM

5 posts, read 4,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
Are you sure that the Crimean war began firing into Russian???
Shoot would only Bandera, knowingly tanks in Kharkov stopped without resistance. Military will not fire on the Russian Ukraine, and back the same situation.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-18-2014 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: English only please!

Old 03-18-2014, 02:41 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,344,759 times
I knew I know the woman from that last Vice video

Old 03-18-2014, 02:51 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Jeez, it's like shades of Putin and the EU/US!

So a military death? Pray it is not divisions coming up on the plains.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-18-2014 at 06:57 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 03-18-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordq View Post
are you sure that the crimean war began firing into russian???
Shoot would only bandera, knowingly tanks in kharkov stopped without resistance. Military will not fire on the russian ukraine, and back the same situation.
you that didn't hear about the today's killed ensign?
Don't disappoint me.
I here already few weeks, and everything try to find an objective assessment among Russians. I don't see that your assessment differed from an assessment of other Russians here...
Our military on the verge of a nervous breakdown after such humiliations. Now I read that bring marines out of the Crimea, and it is good. Life is more expensive anyway.
But between Ukrainians and Russians now an abyss.
And many inhabitants of the Crimea already regret, call the (my) acquaintances and many cry.
Be not the blind man, understand that Putin and where it will give your country started.
I not against rejection of the southern and east areas, but let it will be better "cunning" and information war, but WITHOUT VICTIMS.

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-18-2014 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: English

Old 03-18-2014, 02:53 PM

102 posts, read 106,181 times
"Two people died and two people were injured, said the head of the press service of the Crimean militia Olga Kondrashova.
During the inspection found that the shot was from one place to side "samooboronovtsev" and to side Ukrainian servicemen."

Украинского военного и "самооборонцР" убили из одного места - милиция Крыма - «Факти»
Pinchuk's site, pro-kievsky.

Sound familiar like at maydan? Someone wants to make war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe