Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 07:13 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
This isn't that unexpected. After all, China primarily worries about China's interests.
This is another lie from the Ukrainian "newsmakers". And "From Ukraine" sacredly believes in this BS.
I have watched CNN and BBC and they both didn't tell about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 07:24 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,478,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
And now one more news: China officially told that doesn't recognize independence of the Crimea and maintains territorial integrity of Ukraine.

Poor Putin... same there was his only friend: )

The PRC is the only country that gains from this. This will force the US to look toward NATO again to keep Russia in check. This takes the eye off the PRC.

Plus, seizing Crimea, this gives China the opportunity and justification to sieze the russian far east. They still claim it and they many chinese citizens there. The chinese plan for a thousand years and the CCP still holds a grudge against western and russian imperialism.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:33 PM

471 posts, read 977,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1992 View Post
I can say about the people with whom I say every day.
We have not elected the current authorities. We believe that Yanukovych overthrown by force, and this is wrong, even though he was a bad president.
Now they say that the referendum in the Crimea is illegal. Look at the picture from Kiev when Parliament appointed Turchinov. Rada was surrounded by gunmen.
After there was an illegal seizure of power, the people have the right to say "No" to the new government.
While I am not at all a supporter of what Russia has done and is doing in Ukraine, I seen this post by sw1992 and realized there is some truth in what was said. It also gives insight on how many people in Ukraine probably feel about this.

Yes the former President of Ukraine was a thief and yes he needed to go. but if a free and somewhat democratic government was the goal in Ukraine, then there should have been a different way to do this within the confines of the existing law.

There are many precedents around the world where a new group throws out the old group and then, once in control, finds that supporters of the old feel the same way as they themselves felt before they got in power. For any government to work, all viewpoints need to be considered and encompassed into the mix. Doing this is a very difficult process and sometimes means making agreements with people you might not like or have bad feelings towards. But it needs to be done and really is the only way peace and prosperity have a chance to return to all the citizens of Ukraine. Unfortunately this is not taking place and having Russia with all it's military power sitting on the doorstep and patrolling in the streets will probably ensure it never does....

Old 03-17-2014, 07:58 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
This is another lie from the Ukrainian "newsmakers". And "From Ukraine" sacredly believes in this BS.
I have watched CNN and BBC and they both didn't tell about it.

Well you consistently quote from RT and perhaps Kommersant and pawn those off as good news sources.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Well you consistently quote from RT and perhaps Kommersant and pawn those off as good news sources.
First of all, I am watching different news sources from different countries. But I must say that RT is not lying like almost all american media outlets. Yes, I understand that you never will admit it, but I really don't care. As I already said in this thread before - you all are free to live in your own perverted world fulled with your hardened prejudices, curved stamps, false images etc. But the saddest thing is that - you guys don't aware of it.
Fortunately, I have found on this forum a lot of sane, adequate, mature and fair people from USA and Europe. But these opponents are not in this thread now. Sigh...

Old 03-17-2014, 08:50 PM

Putin Has Nuclear Economic Bomb :

Jim Sinclair: Russia-Ukraine Crisis News, Gold and Silver Update | Greg Hunter

P.S. I liked this comment :
"Thank you so much for putting something out there other then the propaganda that I am currently having to endure. Even as a novice. The story in Ukraine does not add up. Everytime it is reported facts have been edited out of the timeline of this crisis. A coup created government is legitimate but a longstanding autonomous crimean government and vote is not. This conflict is proof people are sheep. It doesn’t even sound like the truth but everyone’s nodding their heads and calling it democracy."

Last edited by musiqum; 03-17-2014 at 08:59 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 09:20 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
Don't change please subjects at conversation: ) Give comments to those words which were told by Kiselyov.
You really think that will ignore it in the world, and especially in the USA?
Kiselev is show. If the show is popular, then it is successful and brings creators money. If you want official information, then listen Lavrov.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:30 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Al right, all right, we've got it already; the "West" is a "soul of Ukraine," the intellectual part of it, while the East are the rednecks, the despised proletariat.
However when Ukraine will be plundered and its industry will become the possession of American/European companies, ( unless they'll go to Russia) what all you, intellectuals are going to do?

They don't need Ukrainian intellectuals in EU that you'd know - they need cleaners and plumbers ( that is if Poles and Balts didn't pick up all the available jobs yet.)
Erasure, I think what you posted is a sad truth. Many East Europeans have indeed been and are being exploited. Many seek elusive roads paved with gold in the West. However, was it really necessary to say this to a Ukrainian who merely aspires to a better life and to freedom? It may surprise you after all, undoubtedly living in a rich country, that there are many who aspire to more in life, not just for themselves, but for their nations. And there are those of us who also admire and value intellectuals from wherever they may hail, including the Ukraine.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:31 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Al right, all right, we've got it already; the "West" is a "soul of Ukraine," the intellectual part of it, while the East are the rednecks, the despised proletariat.
However when Ukraine will be plundered and its industry will become the possession of American/European companies, ( unless they'll go to Russia) what all you, intellectuals are going to do?

They don't need Ukrainian intellectuals in EU that you'd know - they need cleaners and plumbers ( that is if Poles and Balts didn't pick up all the available jobs yet.)
Right. "Unless they'll go to Russia". Another fairy tale from the old man (without the sea).

You're so funny, old man. What if they don't want to go back to Russia anymore? Will you take them by force?

Because this is what Der Fuehrer is trying to do. Shows his love with tanks and by paying his fighting "dogs" brought from Russia to Ukraine to create chaos and casualties between Ukrainians and Ethnic Russians.

As for cleaners and plumbers, yes, some will be/become cleaners and plumbers. So what?

Some others will become IT, financial and other professionals.

It's up to an individual to realize their potential and dreams, as long as they live in a free democratic society.

A fairy tale? Maybe. But a much better one then your drills of "lost children going back to mother Russia".

Just look around. Those people in Crimea are carrying Soviet flags with the image of Stalin and hugging Lenin's statues. Are they drunk? How much vodka where they given this time to participate in the so-called "referendum"? What kind of future it is? Das is ein Irrenhaus!

By the way, I'm typing this response and slowly sipping red wine.

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 03-17-2014 at 09:43 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 09:56 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Because this is what Der Fuehrer is trying to do. Shows his love with tanks and by paying his fighting "dogs" brought from Russia to Ukraine to create chaos and casualties between Ukrainians and Ethnic Russians.
You really think so?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe