Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 10:48 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
You're right, it's okay. Let continue call to kill Russian.
The calls to kill/isolate/beat/"teach" Banderovets (whatever that means), Tartars, and simply anybody who speaks in Ukrainian are fairly popular among Crimean residents and, to lesser extent, South Eastern Ukraine residents who associate themselves with Russian "culture" and language. I don't BS, just go to Crimean forums and see for yourself. So please, climb down from your horse. When Russian fascists (and most of the Russians are according to the classical meaning of that word), empire worshipers and outright Russian Nazis accuse anybody in being a "fascist", it's simply surreal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 10:54 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,139,459 times
Quote:
You're right, it's okay. Let continue call to kill Russian.

No, it is not ok to call on others to kill Russians. But seriously, who is the aggressor here, Ukraine?

Old 03-17-2014, 10:57 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
The calls to kill/isolate/beat/"teach" Banderovets (whatever that means), Tartars, and simply anybody who speaks in Ukrainian are fairly popular among Crimean residents and, to lesser extent, South Eastern Ukraine residents who associate themselves with Russian "culture" and language. I don't BS, just go to Crimean forums and see for yourself. So please, climb down from your horse. When Russian fascists (and most of the Russians are according to the classical meaning of that word), empire worshipers and outright Russian Nazis accuse anybody in being a "fascist", it's simply surreal.
Yes, but there were these calls only during the last month. While the exhortations to "kill Russian" sound long ago. And after the military coup have heard these appeals to the Ukrainian government.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:02 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Erasure, I think what you posted is a sad truth. Many East Europeans have indeed been and are being exploited. Many seek elusive roads paved with gold in the West. However, was it really necessary to say this to a Ukrainian who merely aspires to a better life and to freedom?
And why shouldn't I say a sad truth to a said Ukrainian?

Quote:
It may surprise you after all, undoubtedly living in a rich country, that there are many who aspire to more in life, not just for themselves, but for their nations. And there are those of us who also admire and value intellectuals from wherever they may hail, including the Ukraine.
I don't believe that modern western societies value intellectuals any longer. That's already in the past. What they do seem to value more and more is money and consumerism. The US has set a tone and the EU is trying to catch up with this trend. Ukrainians however ( well part of them) are intellectuals ( as I've said many times before they are not all that different from Russians as much as they try.) And I sense that they've been simply used as pawns in this whole strategical game against Russia, while remaining the "second tier" like the rest of Eastern Europeans, if not worse. They'll be used by this money-making machine, with their industry being destroyed/expropriated by the West, since the way this machine is set and tuned, the money should always float in certain direction only, filling the coffers in certain places only, concentrating money and thus power in these certain places. Ukraine suppose to serve this very purpose as well, while being yet another stepping stone on the way of destroying Russia - the only entity that stands on the way of this finely-tuned money-making machine. Not that the same trick hasn't been tried on Russia twenty years ago (those IMF "conditions for loans" in Ukraine sound all too familiar, the same handwriting is all over the place,) and since the plan didn't quite work out twenty years ago, this is yet another attempt to club Russia in order to make her conform to the "right ways"; this time - with an attempt to cut Ukraine off of her. Just to let you know - cutting Ukraine from Russia is not a new idea - it has been entertained by Germany long time ago with their "drung nach Osten."

Our Peril on the Eastern Front: Allied Victory in the West Barren Unless ... - Clarence Lyon Speed - Google Books

So nothing is new under this sun as you can see, and now this is yet another attempt to remove that pesky Russia from the path of money-making machine once and for all.
I don't worry too much however. As the unfolding events show, the money-making machine of the West is not going to succeed. It's going to clash with belligerent and corrupt Russia, still capable to to deliver the fatal blows. This is Russia that West helped to create in the 90ies by its own greed and it's time to reap what it sow.
And Ukraine? As I've said it's nothing but a pawn under the circumstances.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
No, it is not ok to call on others to kill Russians. But seriously, who is the aggressor here, Ukraine?
Every coin has two sides. All are guilty in one way or another. There was no need to provoke the Russian aggression, but the new government has acted very foolishly. As a result, the Crimea became Russian.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Right. "Unless they'll go to Russia". Another fairy tale from the old man (without the sea).

You're so funny, old man. What if they don't want to go back to Russia anymore? Will you take them by force?
I am actually a woman. I was talking about industry in this case ( "they" - meaning Ukrainian factories, coal mines - Ukrainian industry, that has been historically dependent on Russia. East Ukrainians understand it, as much as that they will take the first hit when IMF will start implementing its plans. It will be deja vue, all over again what IMF was trying to achieve in Russia twenty years ago.)

Quote:
Because this is what Der Fuehrer is trying to do. Shows his love with tanks and by paying his fighting "dogs" brought from Russia to Ukraine to create chaos and casualties between Ukrainians and Ethnic Russians.
As I've already said, the nazi boys from the "Right sector" that supplemented very nationalistic -oriented "Svoboda" that came to power gave "Der Fuhrer" plenty of cards in hands. It's not like he "thought up" all these conflicts between East and West Ukrainians. If not for the clearly nationalist agenda of the new government, there would be no "chaos and casualties" between those two. On another hand, I understand why this nationalist agenda was unavoidable. What this new government wanted to sell to the West first of all was hatred to Russia; they didn't have much to sell of anything else in order to be supported in exchange for it.

Quote:
As for cleaners and plumbers, yes, some will be/become cleaners and plumbers. So what?
But that's precisely what East Ukrainians are saying - "We don't want to clean toilets for Germans and the French as Balts and Poles are doing." Why they should be forced to do what YOU think is right?

Quote:
Some others will become IT, financial and other professionals.
Where, in Europe? You wish.

Quote:
It's up to an individual to realize their potential and dreams, as long as they live in a free democratic society.

A fairy tale? Maybe. But a much better one then your drills of "lost children going back to mother Russia".
If that's what East Ukrainians want, they should be able to do it. And if that's what West Ukrainians don't want, they should be able to do it as well. So here is the conclusion.

Quote:
Just look around. Those people in Crimea are carrying Soviet flags with the image of Stalin and hugging Lenin's statues. Are they drunk? How much vodka where they given this time to participate in the so-called "referendum"? What kind of future it is? Das is ein Irrenhaus!
I am looking around in disbelief myself. And that includes not only Crimea, but East Ukraine as well. I didn't expect to see the sickle and hammer banners; I didn't expect to see Lenin's statues and I didn't expect to hear the "Sacred War" sang by a huge crowd.
But then, again, I shouldn't have forgotten that Donbass region was inseparable part of Russian history; the massive strikes in pre-revolutionary times, the five-year plans during industrialization, the WWII - this region has Russian history written all over it and this history is in blood and veins of these people. That's something that you can't erase from their collective memory - their heroic deeds and suffering, their trials and tribulations, even though it might be irrelevant to you and me.

Quote:
By the way, I'm typing this response and slowly sipping red wine.
За здоровье.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Yes, but there were these calls only during the last month. While the exhortations to "kill Russian" sound long ago. And after the military coup have heard these appeals to the Ukrainian government.
Totally not true. One could have been beaten, insulted, etc. for speaking in Ukrainian in Crimea, Donetsk, etc., during the times of USSR, forget about modern Ukraine. How do you think all those yesterday's Ukrainian peasants who moved to Crimea steppes and/or Donetsk mines/plants became Russian speaking out of sudden? Insults, beatings and intimidation were widely practiced by the carriers of "higher" Russian culture, including yesterdays Ukrainian peasants relishing their newly found status of a sophisticated city dweller who no longer speaks in "village" tongue. What makes Russians MAD is the fact that Western Ukrainian "Banderovets" would never allow Russian (speakers) to treat themselves like cattle, unlike Eastern Ukrainians who got easily Russified and intimidated, that what makes Western Ukrainians "fascists" in the Russian eyes, they have a backbone.

Russian psyche accept Ukrainians only as simple minded in their slyness, ethic curiosity living in village reservations, a curiosity who knows his/her place in the pecking order if they lack common sense/brains to be properly Russified. Any modest attempt of Ukrainians to leave that cultural cage would automatically inconvenience a master Russian, any Ukrainian who would make such an attempt is a "fascist" by definition.

I followed the mood of the Crimean residents for the past 10 years, that kind of Russian exceptionalism lunacy was always there, calls to violence and murder were always there. But recently Russian leaning media owners purged their websites from anything remotely moderate and sane, and thus it's only rabid Russian Nazi fest in internet. I want to believe it's just internet, if entire population is rabid like that....

Old 03-17-2014, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Totally not true. One could have been beaten, insulted, etc. for speaking in Ukrainian in Crimea, Donetsk, etc., during the times of USSR, forget about modern Ukraine. How do you think all those yesterday's Ukrainian peasants who moved to Crimea steppes and/or Donetsk mines/plants became Russian speaking out of sudden? Insults, beatings and intimidation were widely practiced by the carriers of "higher" Russian culture, including yesterdays Ukrainian peasants relishing their newly found status of a sophisticated city dweller who no longer speaks in "village" tongue. What makes Russians MAD is the fact that Western Ukrainian "Banderovets" would never allow Russian (speakers) to treat themselves like cattle, unlike Eastern Ukrainians who got easily Russified and intimidated, that what makes Western Ukrainians "fascists" in the Russian eyes, they have a backbone.

Russian psyche accept Ukrainians only as simple minded in their slyness, ethic curiosity living in village reservations, a curiosity who knows his/her place in the pecking order if they lack common sense/brains to be properly Russified. Any modest attempt of Ukrainians to leave that cultural cage would automatically inconvenience a master Russian, any Ukrainian who would make such an attempt is a "fascist" by definition.

I followed the mood of the Crimean residents for the past 10 years, that kind of Russian exceptionalism lunacy was always there, calls to violence and murder were always there. But recently Russian leaning media owners purged their websites from anything remotely moderate and sane, and thus it's only rabid Russian Nazi fest in internet. I want to believe it's just internet, if entire population is rabid like that....
You can give links to materials?

Old 03-17-2014, 11:45 PM

Quote:
You can give links to materials?
http://forum.sevastopol.info/viewfor...baa1b35d74ac7f

Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Totally not true. One could have been beaten, insulted, etc. for speaking in Ukrainian in Crimea, Donetsk, etc., during the times of USSR, forget about modern Ukraine.
Oh quit lying please. You didn't live in the Soviet Union, so you know not what you are talking about.

Quote:
How do you think all those yesterday's Ukrainian peasants who moved to Crimea steppes and/or Donetsk mines/plants became Russian speaking out of sudden? Insults, beatings and intimidation were widely practiced by the carriers of "higher" Russian culture, including yesterdays Ukrainian peasants relishing their newly found status of a sophisticated city dweller who no longer speaks in "village" tongue. What makes Russians MAD is the fact that Western Ukrainian "Banderovets" would never allow Russian (speakers) to treat themselves like cattle, unlike Eastern Ukrainians who got easily Russified and intimidated, that what makes Western Ukrainians "fascists" in the Russian eyes, they have a backbone.
Please stop your lunatism already. Russian turns into Ukrainian gradually, the more you move from East to West. In Eastern part it's more influenced by Russian, in Western part - by Polish.

Quote:
No "fascist" - that's reference to Bandera and his ilk.

Quote:
I followed the mood of the Crimean residents for the past 10 years, that kind of Russian exceptionalism lunacy was always there, calls to violence and murder were always there.But recently Russian leaning media owners purged their websites from anything remotely moderate and sane, and thus it's only rabid Russian Nazi fest in internet. I want to believe it's just internet, if entire population is rabid like that....
That's your own rabid imagination. Don't get apoplectic please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe