Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 01:40 PM

435 posts, read 420,425 times

Advertisements

Yes, dear inhabitants of the East of Ukraine!
I ask you not to forget to take away to Russia and your fellow countrymen, thousands of "titushky":

http://s44.radikal.ru/i104/1112/e5/9401f94c1812.jpg

And for our European and American friends I will explain: "titushky" are young men from east Ukraine who beat the sekh of supporters of an Euromaidan for 150-200 hryvnias in day of payment (these are less than 20 dollars in one day).
Unfortunately young men of the East have no desire to work, they can kill only the brothers for 20 dollars.
Read also about the organization of Kharkov "Oplot" and her head Zhilin.
Сongratulate, dear Russians. You receive all "genetic trash" of east Ukraine now: )

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-17-2014 at 06:20 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 01:44 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,244,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
I can only niote that there are many countries who were in the former Soviet Union and are now sovereign countries with ethnic Russian populations. Ukraine being one of them. Crimea is lost. The East? We do not know.

I put to you that if the same occurs in Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, etc. will it give Putin carte blanche reason to invade? You see? This is a problem that will never ever go away. If 'force' is called in to solve these 'protection' issues in SOVEREIGN countries it will trap Europe, the Russia in a vicious cycle of contemplating the use of force, sanctions etc etc.

This is a dangerous road we are now on.
Good post.

I do not like what the Russians are doing to Ukraine but the Baltic States is what I am really afraid of. The Baltic States are now part of NATO and the Allies would be virtually forced to defend them.

While the western democracies are starting to be united over Crimea there really is still differences of opinions among them. However if the Russians continue further into Ukraine and possibly Moldova next (?) the Allies will be increasingly be united. Each additional crisis will harden more and more public opinion - similar to what happened to the western Allies in the 1930s. By the time the crisis reaches the Baltic States, they may very well be ready for war.

And a war would be a disaster for both sides.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:48 PM

102 posts, read 106,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post

This is a dangerous road we are now on.
I can say about the people with whom I say every day.
We have not elected the current authorities. We believe that Yanukovych overthrown by force, and this is wrong, even though he was a bad president.
Now they say that the referendum in the Crimea is illegal. Look at the picture from Kiev when Parliament appointed Turchinov. Rada was surrounded by gunmen.
After there was an illegal seizure of power, the people have the right to say "No" to the new government.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
But none of those countries are of geo-political importance like Crimea is. Russia does not care about them, they are in no way a vital national security interest like Crimea (and to an extent, some other areas of Ukraine) is.
Maybe not as much as Crimea but I think the Baltic States do have some strategic value for Russia. For instance Crimea is important for Russia to try to control the Black Sea Region. And if Russia held the Baltic States they would help Russia control the Baltic Sea.

But Crimea does seem to have some kind of emotional attachment for many Russians (from what I can see) that the Baltic states do not have.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:59 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
What I've gathered from my sources are that in Kharkiv and Donetsk people are paid 50 hryvnia for just standing there, 100 hryvnia for staying overnight demonstrating, and up to 1000 hryvnia for participating violently (eg Titushky). And these are daily compensations per days in action. The average salary per month in Ukraine is around 4000 hryvnia, so being recruited to the titushky is really lucrative.

Many of these demonstrators are ethnic Russians not even living in Ukraine, but people from Southern Russia brought there by bus and being paid from adidas sports bags.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:00 PM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
LINative, travric

Baltic states are different story, as erasure said. Nobody here and there will support such things.

The peninsula is a special case.

You should understand that people don't care what is legal or illegal. They feel that is fair in or unfair. We all know that the peninsula was "ours" that "we" "give" it to our neighbor in the 50s. People feel that it was "a fault", that it was "unfair" and that now we "improve" it.

For someone it's a naval base. And for the politicians it's a way to pump up their popularity.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:01 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
But none of those countries are of geo-political importance like Crimea is. Russia does not care about them, they are in no way a vital national security interest like Crimea (and to an extent, some other areas of Ukraine) is.
Quite the contrary. The Baltics play a much bigger role than Crimea regarding Russias national security.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:04 PM

435 posts, read 420,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
What I've gathered from my sources are that in Kharkiv and Donetsk people are paid 50 hryvnia for just standing there, 100 hryvnia for staying overnight demonstrating, and up to 1000 hryvnia for participating violently (eg Titushky). And these are daily compensations per days in action. The average salary per month in Ukraine is around 4000 hryvnia, so being recruited to the titushky is really lucrative.

Many of these demonstrators are ethnic Russians not even living in Ukraine, but people from Southern Russia brought there by bus and being paid from adidas sports bags.
Russians from Belgorod appeared just now.
Remember, from where there came "titushky" during the Maidan in Kiev and other cities...

Russians probably want to receive Donetsk as Rostov No. 2.
I don't object. And you?

Old 03-17-2014, 02:09 PM

102 posts, read 106,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
Yes, dear inhabitants of the East of Ukraine!
I ask you not to forget to take away to Russia and your fellow countrymen, thousands of "titushky":
And for our European and American friends I will explain: "titushky" are young men from east Ukraine who beat the sekh of supporters of an Euromaidan for 150-200 hryvnias in day of payment (these are less than 10 dollars in one day).
Unfortunately young men of the East have no desire to work, they can kill only the brothers for 10 dollars.
Read also about the organization of Kharkov "Oplot" and her head Zhilin.
Сongratulate, dear Russians. You receive all "genetic trash" of east Ukraine now: )
I could hang a picture and description of the actions of militants from the West Ukraine.
But I know that I can't convince you even I will write my text with wonderful pictures. When the civil war continue, only the strength is winning the dispute.
Two days ago, two people were killed and one policeman was seriously wounded in my city. It was done by gunmen from Kiev.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
LINative, travric

Baltic states are different story, as erasure said. Nobody here and there will support such things.

The peninsula is a special case.

You should understand that people don't care what is legal or illegal. They feel that is fair in or unfair. We all know that the peninsula was "ours" that "we" "give" it to our neighbor in the 50s. People feel that it was "a fault", that it was "unfair" and that now we "improve" it.

For someone it's a naval base. And for the politicians it's a way to pump up their popularity.
I hope you are right but there always a danger things can get out of control. For example, Putin is a strong leader but he is still a mortal man and he cannot control what every nationalist is doing. He may be taken in a different direction then he planned.

And of course things could happen that we cannot imagine right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe