Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 10:02 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,150,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
You really think so?
Sadly, yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 10:03 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
First of all, I am watching different news sources from different countries. But I must say that RT is not lying like almost all american media outlets. Yes, I understand that you never will admit it, but I really don't care. As I already said in this thread before - you all are free to live in your own perverted world fulled with your hardened prejudices, curved stamps, false images etc. But the saddest thing is that - you guys don't aware of it.
Fortunately, I have found on this forum a lot of sane, adequate, mature and fair people from USA and Europe. But these opponents are not in this thread now. Sigh...

What makes you think you are the only one who gets your news for more than one source, or that others do not speak and read other languages (and thus read numerous news sources)?

Old 03-17-2014, 10:11 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,234,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Sadly, yes
You read about "Right sector"? This is Nazi organization in the Ukraine, which calls killing Russian. Its leader Yarosh now runs the power ministries in the new government. Why you do not see this, and see only the Russian aggression?

Old 03-17-2014, 10:17 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
You mean you are surprised that some Ukrainians would become vehemently anti-Russian after all of your interference since Ukraine became independent, and most especially, since the Orange revolution?

Old 03-17-2014, 10:26 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,253,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
The PRC is the only country that gains from this. This will force the US to look toward NATO again to keep Russia in check. This takes the eye off the PRC.

Plus, seizing Crimea, this gives China the opportunity and justification to sieze the russian far east. They still claim it and they many chinese citizens there. The chinese plan for a thousand years and the CCP still holds a grudge against western and russian imperialism.
You raise good foreign policy points although I would say the Chinese tend to think long term, I would not say they plan for a thousand years in advance!

Right now Russia's relations have been damaged with the West over the Crimea. If she continues to go further then she may destroy them for a generation at least. This means for example that the West probably will not support Russia if Russian-Chinese relations decline.

So if Russia becomes increasingly isolated then Russia will need China more then China needs Russia. In other words, China will have options and the ball will be in China's court as far as Russian-Chinese relations are concerned. I am not sure if they want to take the Russian Far East but they may try to gently replace Russia as the dominant power of Central Asia.

Russia can try to improve relations with India as a possible hedge against China (if it becomes necessary). That is what the Soviet Union did. But India has been improving her relations with the West, most recently with Japan. India will only go so far with the Russians. So I am not sure what the best move for the Russians is right now. Its actually a interesting problem.

Central Asia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

India (India-Russian relations)

Old 03-17-2014, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
You mean you are surprised that some Ukrainians would become vehemently anti-Russian after all of your interference since Ukraine became independent, and most especially, since the Orange revolution?
You're right, it's okay. Let continue call to kill Russian.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:30 PM

Quote:
You read about "Right sector"? This is Nazi organization in the Ukraine, which calls killing Russian. Its leader Yarosh now runs the power ministries in the new government. Why you do not see this, and see only the Russian aggression?
They have only about 4,000-5,000 members, (from the population of 45 million).

The percentage to the total is much lower than the percentage of Nazis in any other country at the moment, probably Russia included.

The real Nazi is your Fuehrer from Kremlin, who brings provocateurs from Russia to Ukraine to create hate and casualties between Ukrainians and ethnic Russians. He's doing more damage to the country than 100,000,000,000 members of the Right Sector would ever be able to do.

Last edited by movingwiththewind; 03-17-2014 at 10:39 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 10:33 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,592,679 times
At this point Putin's Russia must destroy Ukraine as an independent state. Russians must turn Ukraine into a vassal "federation" of the easy to "liberate"/annex regions on the short leash. Most of the Ukrainians (minus 5th column) will not forget or forgive Crimean backstabbing and attempts to foment a civil war/invade & annex the country in turmoil. The Soviet chapter is over, the "brotherly" friendship crap is over, it's a new game. And the only way for Russia to mitigate the damage the Fuhrer did is to wipe out Ukraine as an independent state. Chauvinism and lunacy are overflowing in Russia. I wish English speakers could follow Russian media, it's disgusting how deeply Pavlovian people are, it's like people turned rabid lunatics, some Russians are already fantasizing about annexation of Alaska, btw, I don't make it up , the Mother Russia is rising, China is on the Russian side, watch out rotten soulless West, it's payback time, at least many Russians believe that to be the case.

It would be very easy for the state controlled media to present a blitzkrieg in Ukraine as a cosmic struggle with "fascism" and selfless attempt of the Russian "brothers" to liberate genuine Ukrainians from evil Banderovets and fascists. BTW, Russian Nazis in Crimea already announced that Crimean "self-defense" forces have all the rights to liberate Russian speaking brothers in the South Eastern Ukraine from evil Banderovets and fascists. And I believe they do hold a piece of the continental Ukraine under their control already, at some point Ukrainian army has to fight or it should disband, because it's getting quite ridiculous.

As much as Europe and Obama tries not to upset comrade Putin, the guy will not stop on Crimea as a small token of gratitude, Crimean peninsula by itself would mean strategic defeat.

Last edited by RememberMee; 03-17-2014 at 10:57 PM..

Old 03-17-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
They have only about 4,000-5,000 members, (from the population of 45 million).

The percentage to the total is much lower than the percentage of Nazis in any other country at the moment, probably Russia included.

The real Nazi is your Fuehrer from Kremlin, who brings provocateurs from Russia to Ukraine to create hate and casualties between Ukrainians and ethnic Russians. He does more damage to the country than 100,000,000,000 members of the Right Sector.
4000-5000 armed fighters... Almost division. And for you it's no problem. I understand your position.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:42 PM

Quote:
4000-5000 armed fighters... Almost division. And for you it's no problem. I understand your position.
I don't think, we understand each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe