Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2014, 06:09 AM

435 posts, read 420,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Let's tell here the truth. All these events split the Crimea into 2 parts, and it never will be monolithic.
Inhabitants will simply break off each other on part.
Here not absolutely the example of Kosovo I approaches I think

I believe you are misinformed, t's exactly the same case of the Kosovo, broken 1n 2 parts : on one side the Albanian majority, on the other the Serbian/ Zigeuner/ Goran minorities (most of them have been ethnically purified with the help of NATO, the US and the EU) . Those who still live there live un ghettos surrounded by barbed wire. And it doesn't disturb the Western autorities/medias.
I think Kosovo differs from the Crimea:
1 . I don't remember that in Kosovo there is an armed capture of the territory and violent change of parliament as it now occurred in the Crimea.
2 . Albanians made then in Kosovo more than 85%, and Russians now in the Crimea make no more than 55% of all population.
3 . Separatists in Kosovo wanted independence, instead of wanted to be a part of other state as the Crimea now wants to be a part of Russia.
4 . The Crimean parliament proclaimed independence in a month after power change in Kiev, and Kosovo proclaimed the independence only in 10 years if I am not mistaken.

There are many factors in which to the Crimea wasn't in Kosovo. Therefore the analogy isn't absolutely pertinent in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 06:25 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
And I continue to broadcast the latest news.
I submit you video (in Russian) from main "Goebbels" to Russia Kiselyov.
If you don't know Russian: in this video Kiselyov tells as Obama is afraid of Putin. Also frightens the USA of the nuclear capacity of Russia. If to translate his words it will sound so: Russia is capable to turn the USA radioactive ashes.
I look forward reactions of the White house to such impudent statement (and direct threat) from Russia.

Maybe you better deal with its internal problems? Are you ready for sowing? Spring comes.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:29 AM

667 posts, read 940,290 times
Quote:

Only 10% of Germany and 50% of Belarus (Lukashenko recognized teritorrialny integrity of Ukraine anyway, he has the game)
That's true for Belarus, Lukashenko is mostly quiet about Ukraine and doesn't talk much (which is not typical for him).

Russia wants support of its actions in Crimea from him, but he doesn't want to spoil relationship with Ukraine so he tries to play a tricky game...

Besides, in May Belarus is going to host the Ice Hockey World Championship, which is sort of a personal Luka's project -- something like Olympics in Sochi for Putin. So he's afraid of any kind of boycott from the West in case he openly sides with Russia.
BTW, Russia is still very unhappy that Belarus didn't recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia They give us money in the form of loans, subsidies and so on, and want us to be their closest ally in exchange for this kind of sponsorship.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Maybe you better deal with its internal problems? Are you ready for sowing? Spring comes.
Don't change please subjects at conversation: ) Give comments to those words which were told by Kiselyov.
You really think that will ignore it in the world, and especially in the USA?

Old 03-17-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
That's true for Belarus, Lukashenko is mostly quiet about Ukraine and doesn't talk much (which is not typical for him).

Russia wants support of its actions in Crimea from him, but he doesn't want to spoil relationship with Ukraine so he tries to play a tricky game...

Besides, in May Belarus is going to host the Ice Hockey World Championship, which is sort of a personal Luka's project -- something like Olympics in Sochi for Putin. So he's afraid of any kind of boycott from the West in case he openly sides with Russia.
BTW, Russia is still very unhappy that Belarus didn't recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia They give us money in the form of loans, subsidies and so on, and want us to be their closest ally in exchange for this kind of sponsorship.
Yes. I think that Lukashenko sleeps in the last 3 weeks very badly: )
The Minsk Maidan probably dreams it and he wakes up with horror shouts: )

Old 03-17-2014, 06:46 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,764 times
Marmel

Thanks for the detailed description.

From Ukraine
Quote:
radioactive ashes.
I think wise people will understand that it was said mostly not for the international audience, but for inner one.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:54 AM

You passed red line... return won't be.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:05 AM

and I have one more joke now: )
As considered participants of a referendum in Sevastopol (Crimea). The declared quantity of voices for accession to Russia - 474 137 people.
But... population of Sevastopol according to official figures only 385 462 people.
and I have a question here: from where took a difference of 88765 (!) people...

It is the most democratic referendum the world: )

Old 03-17-2014, 07:59 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
Default I was wondering about Bielorussia too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post

I used to have a lot of sympathy for Lukashenko to defy the Ukases and blackmail of the West but now it seems to me he has lost it. He is clearly lacking courage here, and the way he entered the Russian customs union with seeming lack of enthusiasm doesn't speak much for his leadership abilities.
Bielorussia anyway is indisputably a 98% Russian republic, I don't understand why in the first place it is not part of the Federation of Russia.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:09 AM

667 posts, read 940,290 times
Quote:
Yes. I think that Lukashenko sleeps in the last 3 weeks very badly: )
The Minsk Maidan probably dreams it and he wakes up with horror shouts: )
That's for sure, such Maidan is his biggest fear since power is everything for him.
If Lukashenko was the President of Ukraine, Maidan would have been suppressed very quickly. Klichko, Yatsenyuk and many others would be in prison now.
For Lukashenko's standards, Yanukovich was acting too softly, that's why he lost.
Last week he kind of joked -- "give us Ukraine and we'll secure stability, unity and integrity" there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe