Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 01:00 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Russia historically and culturally - is part of Europe.
But you know she is not of the 'club' so to speak. She doesn't like to dance with a 'European.' Oh she'll do business which is fine but that's about it. But the real question is why do countries seem to shy away from its orbit? I do agree Russia, of course is a world power but she's the kind of mother who 'strangles' her children. Frankly, it's just hard to love her. And right now her public relations (PR) isn't very good. You know it will be worse if they'll be motoring into the Ukraine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 01:58 PM

435 posts, read 420,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Russia historically and culturally - is part of Europe. We have Greek (Byzantine) alphabet, Greek (Byzantine) religion. And by the way, Prince Vladimir decided the baptism of Rus in Chersonesos (Sevastopol modern). We even have the Byzantine coat of arms (double-headed eagle) - Ivan III used it because he was a relative of the Byzantine Emperor. After the reforms of Peter the Great, which strengthened the state, Russia - it is quite a major European power. Say that Russia is not a European country - it's just ridiculous. Yes, now there is a definite relationships difficulty, but do not need to replace the concept.
I talked Putin's politics in relation to Europe: )

You are mistaken when you think that you can solve. The direction will be defined by Putin.
For it there is no European cultural heritage, and there is only his opinion and its interests.
It will destroy historical links to Europe if wants.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yes I remember they were talking about it back in the nineties, or rather were hoping for it.

He will "connect" enough to accomplish his goals.

As long as it's necessary.
Means desires of other people are unimportant?
Means the economic crisis is unimportant?
Means thousands killed soldiers in Chechnya, Georgia are unimportant...

The truth seems to me that you don't understand the real price for empire creation.
Therefore to tell something it doesn't make sense

Old 03-12-2014, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Not true, not true at all.
In the nineties Russia wanted close connections with Europe; the US didn't want that at all, and made sure that it wouldn't have happened.
You are too young, apparently, to know/remember it all.
And here 90th years? We speak about RUSSIA of PUTINA.ROSSIYA after 2000...
Don't mix everything together, these are the different directions of policy.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:35 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,806,906 times
Here's a Ukrainian hero no one can taint with allegations of Nazi collaboration or murder.

http://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%90%...BA%D0%B8%D0%B9)

Andrey Sheptytsky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-12-2014, 04:13 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Let the Russians have Crimea but make them give Germany back Kaliningrad/Konigsberg...
You return us 29 million people and recoup damages for the destruction of many of our cities, reimburse financial losses from the war? If so then I agree!

Old 03-12-2014, 04:18 PM

There is so much nonsense that it is possible to write jokes. examined the causes of the riots before blaming Russia. Is not the new Nazis staged with the support of their U.S. funding and 2 Ukrainian oligarchs whose finances are in the U.S.? Or is it Russian came and started smashing things around? Stop writing jokes.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:30 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
You return us 29 million people and recoup damages for the destruction of many of our cities, reimburse financial losses from the war? If so then I agree!
How am I going to return that, I'm not German...and it was a joke since most likely no one is going to give back either anytime in the near future.

I'm half-Polish, we suffered at the hands of both the Krauts and your Red Army. So don't complain to me, Ruski...

Old 03-12-2014, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
How am I going to return that, I'm not German...and it was a joke since most likely no one is going to give back either anytime in the near future.

I'm half-Polish, we suffered at the hands of both the Krauts and your Red Army. So don't complain to me, Ruski...
Is not Poland arranged collusion with Germany? Later Poland wanted to divide Germany, but not in time. So no need to talk about suffering. And the joke is not appropriate. But still, who liberated Poland?
You want we can discuss this historic event, but not here.

Old 03-12-2014, 04:59 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
But still, who liberated Poland?
Lech Walesea...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe