Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 11:01 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
Fortunately you not the head of the European Union, and at all don't direct the International Monetary Fund: )

Now we have many advisers... give the chance to us to understand without your help: )
Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 11:04 AM

435 posts, read 420,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Bachlow View Post
As mentioned my mother was from the Ukraine...and all I know about the place is that it was always neglected and abused....good luck my friend....be patient and do not be moved through emotion...go slow...and be wise...all will work out...>< Love to all of you.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:10 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Russia needed to elect the president better: )
I've already explained why Russians chose Putin, the former KGB officer. They did it, after they've realized that the West didn't try to help them, but tried to destroy them when they were at their vulnerable point of transition back in the 90ies. Don't forget that before they were voting for Yeltzin, whom they considered a pro-western, democratic leader, because they believed that West meant the ultimate good for Russia at that point. Like many Ukrainians believe now.

Quote:
Putin's weakness and his ambitions destroy Russia.
Before he will manage to destroy Russia, Russia will rack the havoc in the world.
When some Americans are saying that if "The US will go down, it will pull with it the rest of the world under water," they might be right. But they don't realize, apparently, that it's the same with Russia. The country of Russia's size and importance in terms of cultural/political influence, the Third Rome actually, that lived through all the transformations up to today, wouldn't go down unnoticeably and quietly as some would hope and plan. No, far away from if it; if it would ever go down, it would pull the rest of the world with it as well.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:11 AM

And by the way, I agree with the fact that Ukraine is part of Europe. As Russia is also a part of Europe. But Europe is more than the European Union.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post

Before he will manage to destroy Russia, Russia will rack the havoc in the world.
When some Americans are saying that if "The US will go down, it will pull with it the rest of the world under water," they might be right. But they don't realize, apparently, that it's the same with Russia. The country of Russia's size and importance in terms of cultural/political influence, the Third Rome actually, that lived through all the transformations up to today, wouldn't go down unnoticeably and quietly as some would hope and plan. No, far away from if it; if it would ever go down, it would pull the rest of the world with it as well.
I already said that I trust geopoliticians who speak about disintegration of Russia.

Putin wants to connect too many different people in the dreams (both Russians, and Ukrainians, both Belarusians, and Kazakhs, both Tatars, and the Georgian, and others) to one big empire.
It can't be carried out in my opinion... Russia always is at war, always there is a guerrilla war in the different regions of Russia...
How many it will be possible to continue it?

Old 03-12-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
And by the way, I agree with the fact that Ukraine is part of Europe. As Russia is also a part of Europe. But Europe is more than the European Union.
That's just the point that Russia is part of Europe only geographically.
But the fact in that that Russia an autonomy, doesn't want close connections with Europe, and wants to be individual: )
So it is impossible to survive in geopolitics, even with such resources as at Russia...
You are really ready to suffer from a consequence of economic sanctions of Europe/America against Russia only because Putin decided to restore borders of the destroyed USSR?
It doesn't seem to you, what it is very high price for each Russian?

Old 03-12-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
But the fact in that that Russia an autonomy, doesn't want close connections with Europe, and wants to be individual: )
So it is impossible to survive in geopolitics, even with such resources as at Russia...
You are really ready to suffer from a consequence of economic sanctions of Europe/America against Russia only because Putin decided to restore borders of the destroyed USSR?
It doesn't seem to you, what it is very high price for each Russian?
Russia historically and culturally - is part of Europe. We have Greek (Byzantine) alphabet, Greek (Byzantine) religion. And by the way, Prince Vladimir decided the baptism of Rus in Chersonesos (Sevastopol modern). We even have the Byzantine coat of arms (double-headed eagle) - Ivan III used it because he was a relative of the Byzantine Emperor. After the reforms of Peter the Great, which strengthened the state, Russia - it is quite a major European power. Say that Russia is not a European country - it's just ridiculous. Yes, now there is a definite relationships difficulty, but do not need to replace the concept.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I already said that I trust geopoliticians who speak about disintegration of Russia.

Putin wants to connect too many different people in the dreams (both Russians, and Ukrainians, both Belarusians, and Kazakhs, both Tatars, and the Georgian, and others) to one big empire.
It can't be carried out in my opinion... Russia always is at war, always there is a guerrilla war in the different regions of Russia...
Time will tell.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Yes I remember they were talking about it back in the nineties, or rather were hoping for it.

Quote:
He will "connect" enough to accomplish his goals.

Quote:
As long as it's necessary.

Old 03-12-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Not true, not true at all.
In the nineties Russia wanted close connections with Europe; the US didn't want that at all, and made sure that it wouldn't have happened.
You are too young, apparently, to know/remember it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe