Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 05:14 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,616,985 times

Advertisements

from Ukraine ,Why do not you admit that you have attacked your country themselves under the leadership of the USA? What you betrayed your country and brought to power of the Nazis.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 03-12-2014 at 05:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 07:27 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
How am I going to return that, I'm not German...and it was a joke since most likely no one is going to give back either anytime in the near future.

I'm half-Polish, we suffered at the hands of both the Krauts and your Red Army. So don't complain to me, Ruski...
And the sizable minority of your own people who spearheaded communism in Poland.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:45 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Some of this discussion reminds me of something I once read in a book by Saltykov:

"in Western Europe the hypocrite is a hypocrite for a cause: in the West there are acknowledged standards to which the hypocrite feels obliged outwardly to conform; in Russia, however, such standards do not exist and so there are no principled hypocrites, but only liars, humbugs, and prattlers."

While the target of this was Alexander II's Russia, I think now days everyone is a bit guilty of the above, some more or less than others.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:23 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Some of this discussion reminds me of something I once read in a book by Saltykov:

"in Western Europe the hypocrite is a hypocrite for a cause: in the West there are acknowledged standards to which the hypocrite feels obliged outwardly to conform; in Russia, however, such standards do not exist and so there are no principled hypocrites, but only liars, humbugs, and prattlers."

While the target of this was Alexander II's Russia, I think now days everyone is a bit guilty of the above, some more or less than others.
Saltykov-Shedrin is probably one of the least recognized in the West classical Russian writers, who sounds amazingly contemporary on a subject of Russia and "things Russian."
Just look at his other aphorisms;

http://www.peoples.ru/art/literature.../aphorism.html

( I've heard from someone by the way that he was one of the favorite writers of Stalin (if not the most favorite.)

Old 03-13-2014, 02:40 AM

38 posts, read 91,738 times
What have you read by Saltykov-Shchedrin?
Please, take into consideration, Saltykov-Shchedrin is a satirist.
I have read a lot of his books, but I remember his "Trifles of Life". I appreciated his humour and criticism, but to me he is too pessimistic. Sometimes it is worth reading criticism, especially when you see that many things stay the same regardless of the time, but life is not so bad, and not so dark as Saltykov depicts it.
Satirist-writers lived in all the countries of the world. What about Mark Twain?
“God created war so that Americans would learn geography.â€

Old 03-13-2014, 03:33 AM

435 posts, read 420,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
from Ukraine ,Why do not you admit that you have attacked your country themselves under the leadership of the USA? What you betrayed your country and brought to power of the Nazis.
And you didn't think why your Ukrainian "brothers" so want will be exempted from Russia what ask for the help America and Europe?
Look for the reason in itself, instead of you blame America and Europe.
Now you lost even those supporters of Russia in Ukraine who 23 years were at you... After entered the armies.

Бревна в своём глазу не видно традиционно

Old 03-13-2014, 03:43 AM

435 posts, read 420,425 times
super... our discussion will turn now into the literary: )
If Russians and the Ukrainian people are familiar to you only according to books, add in the list also Chekhov: )

Old 03-13-2014, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
And you didn't think why your Ukrainian "brothers" so want will be exempted from Russia what ask for the help America and Europe?
Look for the reason in itself, instead of you blame America and Europe.
Now you lost even those supporters of Russia in Ukraine who 23 years were at you... After entered the armies.

Бревна в своём глазу не видно традиционно
At least I know who I am, its history and traditions unlike you.it's about tradition.
You do it so claimed Russia attacked you. Now you contradict yourself!
Why do you think Crimea ready to join Russia without firing a shot and voluntarily? This means that the case in your government that treats people badly.You betrayed your country and the nation, you know?
You puppet USA.You now have nothing of this and Ukrainian.
How would you comment on the recent meeting of the EU?

Old 03-13-2014, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post
super... our discussion will turn now into the literary: )
If Russians and the Ukrainian people are familiar to you only according to books, add in the list also Chekhov: )
It's funny to hear from you. You do not Ukrainian. You bender. How much blood because you absorbed Ukrainian land during the Second World War?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe