Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2017, 10:59 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
There's no proof of that whatsoever.
I've seen the vids of those prisoner exchanges. A lot of them were dead or near dead and most had been abused. Many are unaccounted for.

War is hell. When you choose to go to war don't cry when you get hurt. We know who started this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 03:29 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I've seen the vids of those prisoner exchanges. A lot of them were dead or near dead and most had been abused. Many are unaccounted for.

War is hell. When you choose to go to war don't cry when you get hurt. We know who started this.
lame excuses comrade. Russian ersatz Reich not only started this (and many others) but its troopers bestial cruelty is just one more illustration that the myth of Russia is just a pile of manure. Btw the myth of special Russian spirituality was not just a making of self-concious Russian intellectuals and their state sponsors and supervisors, western useful intellectuals contributed quite a bit to the pile of manure, making a small logical deduction it is hard to hold either in any regard.

Old 10-25-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Still no translation?
Just the usual drivel about the "Russian terrorists?"
What translation do you need comrade? There is no place for Russian imperial nazism in Ukrainian schools. There is no place for the teachers spewing that garbage either. I think it is self evident.

Old 10-25-2017, 06:15 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Very interesting candidate. She probably doesn't have any chance though

https://www.unian.info/politics/2204...under-law.html
Y'all unmistakably choose the *candidates,* readily promoting pro-American interests in Russia, the way it was back in the 90ies.)))
And then you lament when Russians ( surprise-surprise) reject such candidates)))

Old 10-25-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
There's no proof of that whatsoever.
"Whatsoever* means "I can't find proof, because nothing of this kind is published in English."
But you can't read Russian, so obviously you receive only the information that *Western media* wants you to have.
I however can read both languages, so I've read plenty of accounts of Eastern Ukrainians that they ( as civilians) are targeted by Ukrainian Army/National Guard. What people are saying, is that they feel that Ukrainians want them either gone or dead - they want to get the land free of its current inhabitants.
Which would be "horror of horrors" from Western point of view, if these people/regions were to promote Western interests. THEN you'd have plenty of "proofs." But since the situation is quite the opposite, obviously "there is no proof whatsoever."

So here it is, just an example in Russian, when it comes specifically to situation around the Donetsk airport ;

http://nrt24.ru/pl/givi-prizval-zhit...ka?language=de

The commander of "Somali" batallion of the DNR Army M. Tolstykh ( nome de guerre Givi) in his exclusive interview to LifeNews told about the night skirmishes with Ukrainian Army in Donetsk airport vicinity and about the districts that were subjected to shelling of Ukrainian troops last night and Friday morning, 10th of July....

...Yet another time the town of Octyabrsky suffered, the town Vesyoloye, and Kievsky district of Donetsk has been slightly damaged as well.

According to the commander of Somali, his soldiers had to return fire in order to stop shelling of the near-by towns and Donetsk districts close to airport from Ukrainian tanks.
Givi is certain that Ukrainian military will break cease fire yet again and will retort to provocations throughout the day, so he asked the civilians to not to approach residential areas near airport.
"I am sure the day is not over, so it's going to be continued...That's why I appeal to civilians and ask them to not to show up in these endangered districts and settlements. I understand that you'd like to see the conditions your houses/appartments are in, but your lives are more important. We'll be able to rebuild your houses, but we can't bring back the perished."

So yes, Givi HATED the ukies and was making no secret out of it; his main question to them was "Why the hell did you come here, did we ask you to be here, on our land?"

Old 10-25-2017, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I dont see how that relates to you celebrating sadists, maniacs and murderers just because they torture and kill Ukrainians who dare to have Ukrainian identity and/or speak the language. In Russia teachers openly questioning (not speaking o insulting) the Reich, the Fuhrer, the flag will be punished formally and informally by thugs breaking a few jaw bones on their way home or something like that. Apparently openly treasonous attitudes do not cause much trouble for Ukrainian teachers wishing for their country demise. That administrative punishment will teach them a lesson. I just cannot imagine an American teacher insulting American flag without career ending consequences, but apparently Ukraine should just import the most rabid Russian nazis to teach in the schools anything else would be a violation of human rights.
Oh I see. We need to address these crocodile tears of yours, keeping already in mind, that DNR people kept Ukrainian language as official along with Russian language. (Even though SOME were already against it, saying that the very sound of Ukrainian language makes them sick, because of all the association with recent killings and suffering.)
But DNR people of course are "thugs and miscreants," while "free and democratic Kiev" abolished Russian by one of their first laws, and keeps on pushing with it as we can see, eliminating it in schools.
And since you are uncertain about your translating abilities, let me help you out here, and make the translation of amendment to these "new progressive education reforms."

So here it is;

"It is interesting that, taking as a whole the entire text of the draft law, the deputies approved one amendment that was not voted separately in the session hall. Namely, Amendment 814, which gives the right to initiate an administrative prosecution of teachers who will degrade Ukrainian symbols or the state itself. This amendment was introduced by MP from the BPP Oleg Musiy.

"If we leave it in my wording, then we will be forced to submit relevant proposals to labor laws and administrative violations. If this rule does not exist, they will say that nothing is provided, and let the separatist teachers promote the "Russian world" in our schools. Not only that, we won't be able to even fine them for any violations, " urged Musiy his colleagues in parliament to support his amendment.

One of the authors of the draft, Alexander Spivakovsky, states that the amendment concerns the fact that "pedagogical workers who defame Ukraine, discredit its attributes, the State Anthem, etc., can not work in the education system."

This is what's called in plain English an "indoctrination," that ( gasp) was a condemned feature of "fascist Soviet state."
Amazing how it becomes a sign of "freedom and democracy" elsewhere.

Last edited by erasure; 10-25-2017 at 07:22 PM..

Old 10-25-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:

Yes I remember Strelkov wrote about it on couple of occasions.
Ukrainian POWs ( back then) were treated in local DNR hospitals and returned to their families in good condition during the *exchanges.*
Whereas the "separatists" were beaten to a pulp and dropped off on the side of the road, when they couldn't move any longer and were not expected to survive.
But you wouldn't hear about it in *Western media,* now would you?

Old 10-25-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Man. Combining those math classes like Algebra and Geometry into math is a bad idea. Real bad. I remember all the makeup I had to do with Geometry after high school. Both of these disciplines need to be kept apart and require lots of time to fully understand and learn to apply in the real world. Years of time and practice.

When my daughter's were young I got a real shock when I realized that my knowledge of physics, mathematics and things such as sociology were not up to par. I had to all but reeducate myself just to help them. I was educated n the cheap in a system more oriented on cost management than quality. I was determined my children were not going to be victims of the US education system like I was. It worked for me. This is not going to work for Ukrainian children. The American education system is not working for our kids, they can't compete out n the world.
Were they educated in your average American public school?
If yes, why would their education be more advanced than your own?

Now from what I gather from current Ukrainian system of education ( and the upcoming reforms,) is that it looks like they have so far the leftovers of the old Soviet system of education in schools, which is far superior to the Americanized version that's going to be pushed on them.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh I see. We need to address these crocodile tears of yours, keeping already in mind, that DNR people kept Ukrainian language as official along with Russian language. (Even though SOME were already against it, saying that the very sound of Ukrainian language makes them sick, because of all the association with recent killings and suffering.)
But DNR people of course are "thugs and miscreants," while "free and democratic Kiev" abolished Russian by one of their first laws, and keeps on pushing with it as we can see, eliminating it in schools.
And since you are uncertain about your translating abilities, let me help you out here, and make the translation of amendment to these "new progressive education reforms."

So here it is;

"It is interesting that, taking as a whole the entire text of the draft law, the deputies approved one amendment that was not voted separately in the session hall. Namely, Amendment 814, which gives the right to initiate an administrative prosecution of teachers who will degrade Ukrainian symbols or the state itself. This amendment was introduced by MP from the BPP Oleg Musiy.

"If we leave it in my wording, then we will be forced to submit relevant proposals to labor laws and administrative violations. If this rule does not exist, they will say that nothing is provided, and let the separatist teachers promote the "Russian world" in our schools. Not only that, we won't be able to even fine them for any violations, " urged Musiy his colleagues in parliament to support his amendment.

One of the authors of the draft, Alexander Spivakovsky, states that the amendment concerns the fact that "pedagogical workers who defame Ukraine, discredit its attributes, the State Anthem, etc., can not work in the education system."

This is what's called in plain English an "indoctrination," that ( gasp) was a condemned feature of "fascist Soviet state."
Amazing how it becomes a sign of "freedom and democracy" elsewhere.
"official" status of Ukrainian language on the occupied territories including Crimea means nothing, you are not that naive not to understand that, but one can easily get beaten, detained even killed for speaking in "official" Ukrainian there. It is a clear cut case of ethnocide and ethnic cleansing. One does not risk his life by speaking in Russian in Kiev etc.. As for teachers, they have no freedom to insult Ukraine and all the things Ukrainian while extolling virtues of Russian imperial nazism and all those wonderful things it gave to the world. Only in Ukraine they still do it in the open. Where else is anything like that allowed?

Old 10-25-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
"official" status of Ukrainian language on the occupied territories including Crimea means nothing, you are not that naive not to understand that, but one can easily get beaten, detained even killed for speaking in "official" Ukrainian there. It is a clear cut case of ethnocide and ethnic cleansing. One does not risk his life by speaking in Russian in Kiev etc.. As for teachers, they have no freedom to insult Ukraine and all the things Ukrainian while extolling virtues of Russian imperial nazism and all those wonderful things it gave to the world. Only in Ukraine they still do it in the open. Where else is anything like that allowed?
What is "official Ukrainian?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe