Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2014, 03:18 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Yes, the new government of Ukraine. He managed to make a video where warned that wants to kill. Ukrainian authorities would accuse Russia of his death. This he said.
Russia is not profitable his death. He discredited the new government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 06:10 AM

435 posts, read 420,288 times
And in "the best traditions" Russia awarded today Aksenov the medal "For Return of the Crimea". Pay attention that on a medal the map of the Crimea is represented: )
Individual design probably...
Ню-ню.

http://storage1.censor.net.ua/images...d2/614x435.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 03-26-2014 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 03-25-2014, 06:19 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,223 times
Last night had the chance to see Vitaly, Vitaly Churkin getting interviewed on tv here. He got his chance to put forward the 'Russian' position...

Anything to happen in Baltics?............... No.
Anything to happen in eastern Ukraine?....No.
What about this 'messianic' mission allegedly based on Russian history? Nothing 'messianic'...just pragmatism now guiding policy.
Russia on the rise?.............Yes...the economy is solid. (interviewer then suggested that energy is really all that Russia has when looking t its economy)
I got the impression he sees no 'falling out' with the US. It's the usual blip in relations. As an ambassador I'd think he believes diplomacy will help heal the recent 'wound'.

A little fluff but we'll take it. Better this way than him ranting and cursing the West all over the place.
And oh the Russian 'activity' going on by the border? Churkin noted it was in a discussion they had with Ukraine on some sort of Ukrainian inspection' suggestions........ ????????

Well I'll leave it to the Ukrainians on the spot for that one and all he talked about which I noted.

And just in passing it would be nice if our ambassador would get a seat one night in prime time on Rossiya! Would be a nice gesture to hear something different in the Motherland!, eh?...But Mr. Putin sure ain't just ready for that in primetime...;-)....

Old 03-25-2014, 06:27 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,223 times
Quote:
And in "the best traditions" Russia awarded today Aksenov the medal "For Return of the Crimea". Pay attention that on a medal the map of the Crimea is represented: )
Individual design probably...
Ню-ню.

And as Napoleon said, "Give me enough medals and I’ll win you any war.” Question is is Aksenov the first?

Old 03-25-2014, 07:24 AM

3,866 posts, read 3,141,167 times
Its funny how the media keeps saying Russia invaded Georgia when in fact Georgia attacked Russian peacekeepers in the autonomous region of South Ossetia that were there as part of a cease fire agreement signed by both Georgia and South Ossetia in the aftermath of the 1991-92 war between the two sides. I remember watching the 2008 Beijing Olympics on TV seeing how emotionally upset Vladimir Putin was when all this started to happen and how George Bush was all grinning and smiling as if he was happy about the situation. Eventually Russian reinforcements pushed back the Georgians but they are still being categorized as the aggressors when they showed much restraint by not taking any Georgian territory when they could have easily taken over the whole country considering how small Georgia is compared to Russia in size and military strength.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:24 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
It's your imagination.
Comrades Erasure and comrade from Kamchatka agree with that statement. Comrade Erasure is absolutely adamant about validity of that silly claim. It's not my imagination, lots and lots of Russians share that sentiment.

Old 03-25-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Your name is not Novodvorskaja?
I would save that scathing argument for the Russian patriotic forums, comrade.

Last edited by RememberMee; 03-25-2014 at 09:06 AM..

Old 03-25-2014, 08:51 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Comrades Erasure and comrade from Kamchatka agree with that statement.
What statement?

Old 03-25-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Unless I cite you of course. Everything else is a "distorted view."
And you failed to produce so far anything in support of your own fantasies, while everything I quote even from Wikipedia proves my point.
You post only proved that you logical thinking is lacking quite a bit, on certain issues close to your Russian Nazi heart at least. OK, let's "deconstruct" logical inconsistencies of that post. I will not pass moral judgement on your lingo-cultural nazism, and the rest of insane semi-racist if not inhuman claims and allusions you've made. Just logic.

You've made the claims that:
1. Russians (i.e. descendants of the people who lived in the NW Rus) are the most pure, the most genetically, linguistically and culturally unspoiled descendants of Kievan Rus.
2. NW Rus was always aspiring to unite Russian (an adjective from Rus) lands in the name of Kievan Rus glory and purity.

Let's assume all of that is true. What would have a NW Rus knyaz done to make it happen?
1. Submit to (or grab) the Knyaz power in Kiev, combine the efforts, troops, etc. with those in Kiev in the name of Kievan Rus purity and glory.

What NW Rus rulers actually did.
1. Attack, sack, destroy, murder, steal from Kiev and surrounding areas and then they just withdrew to their NW Rus swamps to build their own principalities that could not possibly be as "pure" as Kievan principality they just attacked and destroyed.

There are two possible explanations of this. a) NW Rus rulers were idiots who couldn't act out of their self-proclaimed interest. b) people who created official Russian (as in state) nazi mythology are dishonest and blinded by their agenda, or both. It's option b), hands down.

It's obvious that in the beginning NW Rus principalities wanted more and more independence from Kiev to jump start their own thing. If it would take destruction, plunder of Kiev and massacre of the residents to weaken central principality, so be it, the independence of NW Russian principalities was worth of that. It's apparent that NW Rus principalities didn't feel much of keenly affinity towards Kiev and its residents, those were strangers easy to kill for NW raiders. What have happened next? NW Rus principalities that carved their independent (from Kiev) niche were united under auspice of the Golden Horde. Naturally, they wanted more land and power. Even in the middle ages, you couldn't expand without ideological foundation. Thus the Third Rome, Moscow czars as the only true descendants of the Kievan Rus and the rest of Imperial garbage Russians invented after that.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So you think that whatever took place there - like "local bosses taking control" was totally spontaneous and local, with no decisions made and implemented in "higher places" like Washington, with no people in Russia handpicked and backed by American bankers et al? You are not too familiar with a subject I'm sure.
Don't detach yourself from common sense, comrade. You hate USA, I got it, but please make that hatred reasonable at least. Yup, Washington kept an eye who would control what plant and what racketeer gang would amass the largest "starting capital" , what corrupt official would take in the most bribes, what soviet director have "what it takes" to privatize his own plant, and what director is killed or otherwise removed from the trough.

Russians, hungry for consumer goods, wanted capitalism bad. That's not Washington fault. Russians were blinded with their eagerness and they would allow just about anything in the name of the "bright market future", hell, 70 years ago, Russians killed millions of their own in the name of the "bright communist future". Russian sacrifice in the name of "free market" was quite modest compared to that. Of course, it takes more than blind faith, traditional Russian apathy and lack of civil mechanisms (other than bribes) to affect the decisions of the people in power resulted in the monstrosity of the criminal Russian capitalism.

I think you are alluding to the voucher privatization scheme suggested by the American advisers. Russians eagerly accepted the idea, but of course it's Washington' fault. The idea wouldn't be terribly bad if not for the total corruption and criminalization of the Russian state/economy as well as lack of democratic mechanisms to affect government decisions on all levels (forgive me for the use of "democratic" in reference to Russia, I know how much Russian people hate this word). Naturally, the most corrupt and dishonest capitalized on the voucher' scheme the most, but it's not Washington fault, sorry. I clearly remember 20 years old sentiments, people believed in the miracle of the private ownership setting the economy straight, they were more than willing to overlook injustice here and there in the name of the bright market future, most people sold their vouchers for a bottle of vodka or two, but it's Washington' fault. Unfortunately, injustices just snowballed from there. Blame the West, it's so much safer and you don't have to do/sacrifice anything, the Fuhrer would lead you in the battle with evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe