Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 09:53 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Atai...

Yes, it existed. I don't believe the Galician division fought for as they say the.... 'Nazis'. They fought for Ukraine, their homeland.

War has a nasty habit of making people to make sometimes unpalatable choices in the midst of destruction and annhilation. We can see it in the Druzhina brigade as well. Some Russians also made those unpaltable decisions as well throwing their lot with the Germans on the Eastern front. They too didn't fight for the 'Nazis'. They fought to destroy Stalin.
Right. Yet all Russians in sound mind consider Vlasov and his ilk as traitors, even though they might not be approving Stalin.
And that's the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 09:58 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,806,193 times
Quote:
Atai...

Yes, it existed. I don't believe the Galician division fought for as they say the.... 'Nazis'. They fought for Ukraine, their homeland.

War has a nasty habit of making people to make sometimes unpalatable choices in the midst of destruction and annhilation. We can see it in the Druzhina brigade as well. Some Russians also made those unpaltable decisions as well throwing their lot with the Germans on the Eastern front. They too didn't fight for the 'Nazis'. They fought to destroy Stalin.
But there is a difference between making a deal (out of need) with the devil in order to advance your own cause, and celebrating the devil during the course of action and after the fact.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:03 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,467 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QP6sM5VnUQ

Old 04-28-2014, 10:43 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I think it's tiresome to discuss who has more Neo-Nazis since Russia herself is known to have quite a few...
There is no nazi marches in Moscow. It's different.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:51 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,525 times
Quote:
Atai...

No, it was SS division.
14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (1st Ukrainian) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This division suppressed the rebellions in Prague and Warsaw and fought against people of Yugoslavia. Is it enough to prohibit this terrible march?

Old 04-28-2014, 10:54 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Good. I'm happy to see that neighbors are coming to help their neighbors.
This whole region ( Southern Russia/Eastern Ukraine) historically/culturally were one and the same thing.
In fact, for whatever reason I always thought that Kuban ( the region the interviewed man is from ) was actually part of Ukraine, not Russia.

May be it's because of this book ( classical Russian literature)

And Quiet Flows the Don - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and whatever I knew about Don Kossacks

Don Cossacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-28-2014, 12:01 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
Quote:
Atai...

One may say that the Vlasov, Galician and others fought against Bolshevism. But the fact that they killed our grandfathers and great grandfathers. I do not like the Bolsheviks, and I think that the biggest mistake of the twentieth century is the rise to power of these rascals. But Vlasov and others did not fight against the Bolsheviks. They are did not arrange the attempt on the Bolsheviks. They killed own people, our grandfathers and great-grandfathers. I hold no grudge against the Germans - they were following orders, but I can not forgive traitors.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 04-28-2014 at 12:13 PM..

Old 04-28-2014, 12:18 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,836,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
There is no nazi marches in Moscow. It's different.
You seem to underrate your fantastic city
Russia: Far-Right Nationalists And Neo-Nazis March In Moscow
Thousands of Russian Neo-Nazis & Nationalists March in Moscow | IMAGINE 2050

Old 04-28-2014, 12:41 PM

This is largely a protest against illegal immigration in Russia. People come without education and enter the bandits gang. It's annoying young people. Talk about Russian nationalism is quite difficult. The eastern and central Ukraine largely Slavic more than Russia. Ukrainian language closer to the Old Slavonic. Russian culture is international, this is it's strength. You can be Russian, Ukrainian, Byelorussian, Mordvinians, Tatar, German, Jewish, Bashkir, Khanty, Mansi, Сucasians, etc. and feel yourself Russian, if you brought up in Russian language environment. I think that in many respects it is close American culture.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:42 PM

Although, fools are everywhere, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe