Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 10:56 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
... I bet he is too "left" for many.
So-called "left" and "right" explanations of politics are for adolescents, the state of maturity of most people on public forums (and voters). Personally I've never heard of such a thing.

I am interested in the reality of politics among men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
... simple fact that Ukraine put out feelers to the West which would help them improve their economics and position in European markets ...
Simple? Ukraine? West? Feelers?

Really????

" ... Luca Brasi held a gun to his head, and ... assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract ..."

Mr Putin ain't no band leader.

Ask Saddam. Ask Muammar.

Quote:
The increasing cynicism of the West in this respect, that becomes more and more all about "finances," while denying the importance of spiritual beginning of human nature, is getting a good match in even more ruthless, materialistic Russia that it begot in the nineties. That's the nature of today's clash, really, and since neither is going to budge, we are moving to the war yet again ... It's all quite logical.
" ... Finance is like a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger ... "

Last edited by bale002; 05-01-2014 at 11:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 11:20 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
So-called "left" and "right" explanations of politics are for adolescents, the state of maturity of most people on public forums (and voters). Personally I've never heard of such a thing.

I am interested in the reality of politics among men.

( Out of curiosity)
Why, you don't believe that there is such thing in politics as "right" and "left" train of thought?

Old 05-01-2014, 12:42 PM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
( Out of curiosity)
Why, you don't believe that there is such thing in politics as "right" and "left" train of thought?
They are simply a tool, like throwing smoke in people's faces, like green and blue at the races, like dividing and conquering a gullible population. To be sure, useful as a tool for those using them. But not to me.

The monster has two heads, but the body is one.

I pay my taxes to the one.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:13 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Quote:
Putin has his own financial interests in Ukraine, but he wouldn't have been able to start any "ruckus," if at least part of Ukraine didn't have deep economic and historic/cultural ties with Russia. The ones that the West doesn't have and never had

Looks to me Ukraine has seen a different light in her relationship with Russia. She probably figures she has a better chance to improve the standard of living for her people in a generation or two. Russia could be seen as a 'dead' end and not offering as much in the relationship. I'm not too sure Mr. Putin is a practical man on those kinds of things. From the looks of it he's just looking at this thing called 'Russia' and its aggrandizement. Don't understand the guy as he willfully accedes to the destruction of his 'neighbors' and 'brothers' environment. This great bug hug he is giving everybody there is absolutely crushing, you know?

Old 05-01-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post

Looks to me Ukraine has seen a different light in her relationship with Russia.
There is no one and unified Ukraine ascribing to your point of view and never has been.

Quote:
She probably figures she has a better chance to improve the standard of living for her people in a generation or two.
Some Ukrainians do believe in it and some do not.

Quote:
Russia could be seen as a 'dead' end and not offering as much in the relationship.
Again - that's what some Ukrainians think and some think otherwise.

Quote:
I'm not too sure Mr. Putin is a practical man on those kinds of things. From the looks of it he's just looking at this thing called 'Russia' and its aggrandizement. Don't understand the guy as he willfully accedes to the destruction of his 'neighbors' and 'brothers' environment. This great bug hug he is giving everybody there is absolutely crushing, you know?
You need to understand that it's more than just about Putin, his authoritarianism and corruption or the money that the West offers.
It's about the blood ties, or as one Ukrainian has put it - "the civilization and archetypes codes" that kicked in. Things that the West with all its pragmatism ( and you) are trying to deny.

Old 05-01-2014, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
They are simply a tool, like throwing smoke in people's faces, like green and blue at the races, like dividing and conquering a gullible population. To be sure, useful as a tool for those using them. But not to me.

The monster has two heads, but the body is one.

I pay my taxes to the one.
Lol I am not talking about what the modern "monster" has morphed in, but the original ideas.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:18 PM

10 posts, read 10,632 times

Old 05-01-2014, 09:01 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times
Kiev forces attacked rebels's positions this morning - Slavyansk, Kramatorsk and Lugansk. This is their last chance.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
Kiev forces attacked rebels's positions this morning - Slavyansk, Kramatorsk and Lugansk. This is their last chance.
What's the heck?
Two helicopters of Ukrainian army have been shot down, one pilot is reportedly killed and another one has been wounded and abandoned by his comrades, after they took his weapon. (What's wrong with these people???? )
The pilot has been left *in care of* separatists, who were surprised by such treatment of the pilot by his own. But anyways, they've brought him to Slavyansk to get medical help.

Last edited by erasure; 05-02-2014 at 12:27 AM..

Old 05-02-2014, 01:12 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times
Fascists are going in Slavyansk

Фашисты едут в Славянск Fascists are going in Slavyansk - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe