Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 04:34 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Ohhh...Ariete, I hope you didn't miss a special gift that "Slava Ukraine" is hoping to send you?
Some people prefer to live in the dark and fear to open their etes widely.
Fortunately, there are plenty of sane and sober thinking europeans who started to comprehend the Ukrainian case without any falsed media propaganda and misrepresentation. They are in Germany, UK, Greece, France, Serbia... and now they appeared in Italy :

Last edited by musiqum; 03-16-2014 at 05:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2014, 07:59 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,210 times
Another fair and thoughtful articles by a former American ambassador, career Foreign Service Officer and historian.
Ukraine: The Price of Internal Division | JackMatlock.com

Who is bullying?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...51c_story.html

Last edited by musiqum; 03-16-2014 at 08:16 PM..

Old 03-16-2014, 08:22 PM

471 posts, read 977,211 times
....and recently in North Korea, Kim-Jong-Un was re-elected with 100% of the vote!

Ok, someone clear all the smoke and tell me why being of Russian descent and living in Ukraine is such a bad thing? They are not singled out for persecution, they get to work in any profession they want, they do not have to wear a small bear patch on their coat to show everyone they have Russian blood, they can intermingle, intermarry, and in a line up, you would have a hard time picking one out.

All the posturing, chest-puffing, and crocodile tears aside, there is no real reason why the people of Crimea should have such a hard time being part of Ukraine and no real reason why Russia really just can't deal with Ukraine without having to control it or convert it back to part of Russia..

Old 03-16-2014, 08:54 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryCarr View Post
....and recently in North Korea, Kim-Jong-Un was re-elected with 100% of the vote!

Ok, someone clear all the smoke and tell me why being of Russian descent and living in Ukraine is such a bad thing? They are not singled out for persecution, they get to work in any profession they want, they do not have to wear a small bear patch on their coat to show everyone they have Russian blood, they can intermingle, intermarry, and in a line up, you would have a hard time picking one out.

All the posturing, chest-puffing, and crocodile tears aside, there is no real reason why the people of Crimea should have such a hard time being part of Ukraine and no real reason why Russia really just can't deal with Ukraine without having to control it or convert it back to part of Russia..
Here is something for you to consider ( among other things);

Seemorerocks: The plunder of Ukraine

Old 03-16-2014, 09:04 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,792,982 times
I read very slowly in Russian (due to its different alphabet), and thus, I am not going to read all of this right now. Do you have an English version of this article?

As for the Crimean Tatars, do you genuinely think that Russia would have refused to allow them to return to the Crimea in the late 1980s and/or beyond?

Old 03-16-2014, 09:46 PM

471 posts, read 977,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Here is something for you to consider ( among other things);

Seemorerocks: The plunder of Ukraine
Lots of interesting info....seems a little slanted towards Russian point of view....but still interesting..

No mention of the issue that the former or current, as he says, President of Ukraine stole most of the country's cash, causing them to seek out other income sources... and then there is the 1.6 billion$ Russia says Ukraine owe for their natural gas? ...

Since the Pres was backed by Russia when he was stealing money, why can't Russia distance themselves from him now and help "find" the missing cash? Would be a good gesture to calming things down in Ukraine.. I would accept the idea that there is some type of unpaid gas bill, and wouldn't find much fault if Russia kept some of the "found" money to go towards it, but returned the rest..

Old 03-16-2014, 10:03 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryCarr View Post
Lots of interesting info....seems a little slanted towards Russian point of view....but still interesting..

No mention of the issue that the former or current, as he says, President of Ukraine stole most of the country's cash, causing them to seek out other income sources... and then there is the 1.6 billion$ Russia says Ukraine owe for their natural gas? ...

Since the Pres was backed by Russia when he was stealing money, why can't Russia distance themselves from him now and help "find" the missing cash? Would be a good gesture to calming things down in Ukraine.. I would accept the idea that there is some type of unpaid gas bill, and wouldn't find much fault if Russia kept some of the "found" money to go towards it, but returned the rest..
Because all the "missing cash" is not in Russia most likely, but somewhere in the off-shore accounts in the West. All the looted money were dutifully accepted in the West for years, thus creating the very corrupted class ( both in Ukraine and Russia) that the West is pointing its finger now in indignation.

Viktor Yanukovych is gone, but where are Ukraine's missing millions? | Oleksii Khmara | Comment is free | theguardian.com

P.S. I am aware that the article I gave the link to earlier is "slanted towards Russian point of view," but I don't see sources in Western media discussing the conditions of IMF loans for Ukraine at all. They are very... how should I say it - very low key about it.

Old 03-16-2014, 11:01 PM

647 posts, read 797,028 times
OMG 95% of Crimeãns voted for unification with Russia, I thought there are many people who want to stay in Ukraine because they lived there 23 yêars. Interesting, whether Russia will fulfill the promises that gave to Crimeans before the referendum. I personally have no any interest to Crimea after my friend visited it last year.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:18 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Russia can turn U.S. to radioactive ash: Kremlin-backed journalist

I think Russian leadership is going the North Korea way. USSR never ever allowed this kind of crap to come out from the soviet propagandists, soviets had common sense, and it doesn't appear wannabe Fuhrer has much of that to allow this innuendo to be televised by his top propaganda henchman. The guy may indeed start to lose his marbles and then what? Who would stop him?

Old 03-17-2014, 12:28 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonfly View Post
OMG 95% of Crimeãns voted for unification with Russia, I thought there are many people who want to stay in Ukraine because they lived there 23 yêars. Interesting, whether Russia will fulfill the promises that gave to Crimeans before the referendum. I personally have no any interest to Crimea after my friend visited it last year.
95% is an arbitrary number they just pulled from their arse, considering that anyone with Russian passport could vote (multiple times to boot), it's a surprise that they couldn't get 200% voted for mother Russia. The soviets used to have 99% voted for the block of communists each and every election cycle (USSR had elections too, every 5 years or so, it was a must have ritual), entire referendum is a joke and insult to democracy and common sense.

Last edited by RememberMee; 03-17-2014 at 12:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe