Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 03:27 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times

Advertisements

Re: 'Capitalism is cutthroat'

For sure if the 'ism' is kind of rife with pathology. And we've seen that.

Btw I'd love to discuss Russia's 'ism'. Frankly I don't know what to call the thing people do economic transaction under over there. Are we sure it doesn't have say a derivative of 'klepto' somewhere in the description???...;-)...

Of course I say that sarcastically but are the Russian people living a good quality of life for their efforts? I'm not sure it's happening. If we can say the slope of the line which indicates prosperity is rising over there well all power to Putinomics. But I don't believe the stat flows upward. The real qUestion is whether or not Putin is giving a better future for the Russian people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 05:47 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post

Btw I'd love to discuss Russia's 'ism'. Frankly I don't know what to call the thing people do economic transaction under over there. Are we sure it doesn't have say a derivative of 'klepto' somewhere in the description???...;-)...

Of course I say that sarcastically but are the Russian people living a good quality of life for their efforts? I'm not sure it's happening. If we can say the slope of the line which indicates prosperity is rising over there well all power to Putinomics. But I don't believe the stat flows upward. The real qUestion is whether or not Putin is giving a better future for the Russian people.
Comparably to the nineties, when the country was run by beloved (by the West) Yeltsin - yes.
So when you say "better future" - it's all learned in comparison.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:40 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Ukrainians get their very own MINITRUE!!!!!

Information Policy Ministry a threat to media freedom - OSCE| Ukrinform

Quote:

Stop deflecting. We're discussing Ukraine, not Russia. This post is garbage.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:44 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
IMF shock therapy led to the collapse.

IMF 'Salvation' in Russia? - CSMonitor.com

They have far more foreign exchange reserves this time.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:17 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
IMF shock therapy led to the collapse.

IMF 'Salvation' in Russia? - CSMonitor.com

They have far more foreign exchange reserves this time.
"As in Mexico, Indonesia, Korea, and Thailand, the IMF has prescribed that Russia run its economy for the benefit of foreign investors and a few wealthy Russians at the expense of the Russian people. The results are clear: a few world-class billionaires, combined with economic collapse, soaring debt, mass unemployment, grinding poverty, and unpaid wages and pensions."

Spot on.
So there we go, that's precisely what took place, and with that any chance for future democracy in Russia has been buried for good, because Western style of democracy is closely connected to the private property rights and extensive middle class, that very obviously IMF\Clintons\ whoever else was in that wonderful company, decided to eliminate as potential threat to their own prosperity and world domination.
Now they are all in denial, pointing their finger at Russians and their "wicked ways." No democracy in Russia! ( whatdoyouknow) and Putin-the-dictator!!!!

Old 12-03-2014, 10:03 PM

I know they're setting up Ukraine for the same process they used on Russia in the early 1990s, tear everything down and exploit the country. The people are in for hard times either way now, either road they're being offered leads to poverty and chaos and at worst, open warfare.

Mexico has never recovered from this. Large portions of the population live in almost permanent poverty while small groups prosper wildly, it's the same where ever this system is imposed.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:14 PM

This "thing" created in the last 20 years need to be killed with fire.

Kiev Ukraine News Blog: One Year After Defying Putin, Ukraine Is Choking On Its Own Red Tape

Old 12-04-2014, 07:12 AM

Also elect a president from KGB if you see real threats to national security over the last 20 years.

1. NATO expansion while Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact are no longer threats
2. US missile batteries set up along the borders of Russia (another 1426 mi with Ukraine)
3. State Dept. NED support for regime destabilization in Ukraine, Georgia, and other Russian republicans
4. foreign covert support for violent separatist groups inside the Russian republics like the Chechens
5. continued Western military intervention and regime destabilization in the 3rd world under the guise of the War on Terror while there's no longer the military presence of Russians, Cubans, East Germans, and other communists in those countries contested by the two side during the Cold War

Old 12-04-2014, 10:00 AM

A U.S. State Department employee is now the Finance minister of Ukraine

Ukraine's Truly Foreign Ministers - Bloomberg View

Old 12-04-2014, 07:20 PM

Power outages in Poltava and Kharkov. Several tram lines have been shut down.

Power outages reach Poltava and Kharkiv | Ukraina.ru

Citizens in other areas are getting diluted gas, much less efficient than pure methane gas. They add other gases and more air to the mix in order to maintain the pressure.

Ukrainian authorities dilute natural gas for their citizens | Ukraina.ru

Somebody didn't think this through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe