Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 06:57 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
This is the third time I've heard this type of information. Another individual stated that many officers officially retire when called up and people with relatives in Belarus and Russia flee to said countries to avoid conscription. It's all kind of foggy and I found nothing definite but some of the laws passed such as officers authorized to shoot soldiers tells me it's not going so well.

Can any Russian speakers find out about this subject? Information is hard to find apparently.
I see it on Youtube from time to time;
Here they are talking on Russian news that there were already 240 criminal cases opened against those who refused to go to fight to Donbass ( that's during the last conscription, where they are sending the notifications to men ages 18-60, and this time around they are talking that women up to 50 years old might end up in the tranches as well.) This conscription is planned to go from January to September and Poroshenko hopes to gather about 100, 000 people. The conscript are promised a training period for recruits up to two months, but this particular soldier is saying that his training lasted thirty minutes, after which he has been sent to the front. ( I mean there are reasons after all that the DNR people kill them right and left, and why they still send the young recruits back home with parents when captured, since the DNR commandment is aware of the situation.)
Ukrainian Rad is coming with official law that will allow the wealthy Ukrainians to buy their way out of the conscription; the proposed price is currently $ 2,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmEY...yt-cl=84503534

The Ukrainian border patrol is checking all the cars and buses going to Crimea looking for those who are trying to dodge the conscription.
And this is the recent rally against the conscription in Belovodsk ( near Dnepropetrovsk?)
The tricky part is, Poroshenko refuses to declare officially a state of war in the country and that's basically makes all these conscriptionы illegal. So he comes up with "special orders." That's what people are pointing at, along with the fact that they never voted for Poroshenko to begin with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuNB...=84503534#t=95

This is the report from Kharkov that some day cares are required not to return children to their fathers unless on condition that they'll accept the draft notice. ( If the person doesn't receive the draft notice in person, he can wiggle out of conscription.)

Ноу-хау мобилизации: детей из садика отдают в обмен на повестку - Набережная

Such example gives endless opportunities for the regional draft boards to enforce the laws with the help of utility companies ( delivering the draft notice together with utility bill) and so on. The companies are obligated to cooperate by law as well.

And the last but not least - this is still from the last April. I've had a good chuckle from this one.

"The inhabitants of Mariupol learned first that local Ukrainian troops received 200 new recruits for reinforcement from the local liqueur stores, where the shelves were completely emptied that morning.
The recruits were traveling from afar, from the Western provinces. The trip was long, they were keeping themselves busy the best they could, and once they've depleted their own stocks, they've turned to the local stores for additional help."
Then later you see the reaction of the inhabitants of Mariupol, who marvel at the arrival of their "new defenders" of the "New Ukraine," and at 2;40 one of the recruits, when interviewed, is saying that none of them could refuse to accept the draft notice, since they were threatened with police. They are clearly not happy to be in Mariupol either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi1o-BTp_Mg

Last edited by erasure; 01-25-2015 at 07:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 09:19 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
^
More on a subject of Ukrainian draft;

Just noticed a joke on F.B.;

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/...a3&oe=55653FE2

"I have received a draft notification to hell, and I am crying in desperation.
Then all of a sudden I remembered how I was chanting before "Suitcase - railway - Russia."
So I grabbed my things quick, threw them in a backpack and rushed to the railway station.
It's OK, I will be a Russian from now on."

Old 01-25-2015, 10:48 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
Certainly I have proofs, and they are known and obvious - only Russian so mad, that kills those who supports Russia.
Nothing else? This is strong evidence, I do not even know that I can argue.
How about a photo and video evidence? Where captured Russian soldiers (as you say them there 9000 people!), designations divisions?

Old 01-25-2015, 11:42 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
That second video of the people outside the station is so sad. There's even a gunman with a ski mask. What people in the west need to recognize what they're sponsoring and keep in mind that this is a example of what they would all too easily be subjected to this brutal type of government intimidation.

I kind of get the impression that if Novorussia wins this winter things just might carry on to Kiev and when/if that happens a lot of people are going to regret their actions. There's a point where enough people will have had enough and it may well just blow up. They just need a catalyst, like a big victory for the NAF and a definite course available to them. I don't think the NAF is having trouble recruiting, my daughters friend in Moscow knows a 17 yr old that was rejected by them in October.

Thanks for the effort Erasure.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:05 AM

Situation map. If they can hold the cut off of Debaltsevo against Ukie counter attacks then this will be big. I've heard that the NAF artillery is performing in a stellar manner. I don't know about that because if Donetsk is still taking a beating then a "stellar" performance would be Ukie artillery silenced. They are making progress though.

Look at the pocket in the center of the map. Debaltsevo is an important rail junction in the south east part of the pocket. Out at the north west end the Ukies are blocked by the reservoirs and confined to very narrow lanes to either side, The most important aspect is the Ukies have to hit close to the reservoirs. They have to come where the NAF knows they'll be coming from. The NAF is choosing the battle field and the conditions.

Just like the Soviets did at Kursk.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:21 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times
Ukrainians were talking about rebels:

Airstrike Lugansk - it is rebels blew air conditioning.
Downed Boeing - it is shot down the rebels using Russian air defense systems.
Shelling Donetsk, Lugansk - it is rebels themselves shot to even worse there.
Bus in Volnovakha - it is rebels themselves bombarded
Bus in Donetsk - it is the rebels themselves bombarded
The shelling of Mariupol - it is rebels, no one else.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:30 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,871,739 times
I believe the most imprtant now is to reduce the ukie cauldron in Delbatsevo, after that the FAN will be able to sweep the Azov sea and Black sea coasts all the way from Mariupol to Odessa and make the junction with Transdniestria.
And the West can howl as much as it wants, I 'm nearly sure it will happen.
After that it will be time to take into consideration the mafia maverick state called "kosova", specialized in blood trafficking.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:25 AM

303 posts, read 255,242 times
New map. Trere will be two pockets not one.

In Debalchevo is all going bad for Ukrainian army - about 1500 wounded. In hospital says what whey can't hold such many people. They need meds, but ofitial Kiev did not recognizes casualtes and don't send meds there. It will be good if KK will be whent there.

yurasumy -

Scrat335, what is NAF?)

Old 01-26-2015, 08:51 AM

238 posts, read 198,338 times
Today is noisy again, shoot more than in the previous few days. But I have a quiet family evening, relatively quiet of course. My dad is watching TV and laughing out loud, when I asked what is he looking, it turned out that he was looking Ukrainian News.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Scrat335, what is NAF?)
Novorussia Armed Forces.

I heard there were about 50 Ukrainian soldiers walked across the line in Lugansk area. They left their weapons on the road in front of a check point and surrendered.

Amok. I heard a rumor that some Ukie soldiers either are not issued basic first aid kits or are not resupplied. That's real bad, soldiers with small wounds treatable in the field die because of this. WTF?

Also it is rumored that only the Azov mafia battalion is in Mariupol, if this is true they will not be able to hold it for long and most likely will run for it before they get encircled. Same in the north, at least that's what any sane military organization would do I would think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe