Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2015, 02:23 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
Alright, well, for example Putin denied on numerous occasions that the "Green men" that started the annexation of Crimea was Russian soldiers. Turns out they were Russian soldiers. Here's a link:

??We did what we had to do?: Putin opens up on Crimea reunification plan ? RT News
That part gets really complicated. How consequential is it ?

To make things more confusing, there is a play of words "Russian Soldier" v some-one who serves in the Armed forces of Russian federation.

Actions have reactions in Geo-politics as well as in physics. Crimea's annexation was a direct result of Euro-Maidan.

When Maidan was occurring it was obvious to me that some-one organized and funded it. Putin is saying Obama did it, and the Nuland video I posted before proves that.

After Maidan Russians were told they would loose their lease on Crimea, under the terms of the lease they could legally have 30k troops stationed there (I don't know how many they had actually stationed there, but let's assume 10-15k). Crimea is the home of Russian Black Sea Fleet with like 3 centuries of military traditions. Russia was not going to loose Crimea without a fight.

At the time of Maidan, Crimea being an autonomy of Ukraine, order were given to secure the area. Ensuring that Maidan violence does not spread there. People who are legally authorized to give orders like that is Crimean government. Since these orders where common sense orders, I don't see the benefit of conspiracy theory stipulations.

At the time of Crimean referendum, most people were for joining Russia. That I believe to be true. If you think about Russian Patriotism, then that's reason enough to join Russia , but joining Russia offers protections from Maidan mobs and a better standard of living. Government benefits like pensions were 3 times in Russia then what Ukraine paid out, now Ukrainian currency is devalued so that gap is significantly more.

What Putin is doing right now is taking credit for everything that went right in Ukraine. He has to answer to the Russian people for the economic crisis, so He is saying that he did not anticipate the sanctions, rather he said "he underestimated Obama's influence over EU" in regards to those sanctions.
So he is taking credit for winning the Crimea back for his voters. HE is saying "it was MY plan all alone" And everything worked out as I planned, except for the sanctions and dropping Oil prices...

Oil Prices don't seem to be going up, stock at 45, I keep buying the cheap OIL thinking I could make some money by end of 2015. I should really stop buying OIL, and find better investments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 05:17 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:
Alright, well, for example Putin denied on numerous occasions that the "Green men" that started the annexation of Crimea was Russian soldiers. Turns out they were Russian soldiers. Here's a link:
The Russians signed a contract with the Ukrainian government awhile back. THERE WERE RUSSIAN TROOPS, SAILORS AND MARINES STATIONED IN THE COUNTRY!!!

You're just butthurt because Russia has the means to stand up for itself. Putin and his people have made a hell of a lot of fools crawl out of the wood work. Kudos to them.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:32 PM

Fire at the Kremlin. Coup? Or just a shorted wire? I bet the western media will have a field day with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaKM7au74io&app=desktop

Old 03-15-2015, 06:43 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Fire at the Kremlin. Coup? Or just a shorted wire? I bet the western media will have a field day with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaKM7au74io&app=desktop
BBC has reported it as a fire on historic church in Moscow. The site where the fire is, it's recognized by the world as a historic site, so why are there are churches bringing in Moscow ?

I would not dismiss the fire as a short circuit either.

No one has seen Putin in like 2 weeks. BBC is Running out of stories to print without Putin.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:36 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,562,088 times
Interfax: Wikileaks prompted Russia to suspend Joint Consultative Group on CFE participation – Russian Foreign Ministry

Interfax: Wikileaks prompted Russia to suspend Joint Consultative Group on CFE participation – Russian Foreign Ministry | Johnson's Russia List

“When Wikileaks published secret documents, Department of State materials, what we had seen was confirmed: the U.S. had prohibited their allies from discussing any substantive issues in the Joint Consultative Group. In that situation, there was not much point in our further participation in the work of the Joint Consultative Group, it was becoming increasingly evident, and we have now decided to suspend our participation in the work of this group,” he said in an interview with Interfax.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:55 AM

Ukrainian Nazis are being trained. This the the organization known as "Ukrainian Patriots". LMAO!!!

Just a bunch of thugs and Rambo wannabes they are going to try to make soldiers out of. Or maybe the best will be selected for some oligarchs hit squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLrqWgfzHy0

Patriot of Ukraine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-16-2015, 07:58 AM

Yup Ichoro Russia is throwing it all out of the window. Full blown cold war.

Putin and his people totally screwed this up. They should've acted long ago.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Yup Ichoro Russia is throwing it all out of the window. Full blown cold war.

Putin and his people totally screwed this up. They should've acted long ago.
These frameworks and organizations are just fronts, were always just fronts when one side is no longer capable of posing a threat to the other.

I've said all along that the Cold War never ended in 1990 or 1992. I think it was apparent from the publication of The Pentagon's New Map in the early 90's. It was further cemented by Brzezinski's book.

Old 03-16-2015, 09:27 AM

I can agree on that. As long a Russia was on its knees the west was less aggressive towards Russia -directly- so the cold war faded into the background. Now for various reasons Russia is a "threat" again. Sadly, if European rulers had any balls it could be totally different.

Anyone with a brain could see that a EU alliance with Russia would show America that it is in fact just an equal in the world community. If America is "equal" it's unacceptable. America has to be the toughest thug on the block because otherwise it may well be irrelevant.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:40 AM

IMF violates charter in providing financing for war and heavy arms purchases

Mike Norman Economics: John Helmer — IMF Violates Charter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe