Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2015, 10:45 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,239,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Did you snitch at this pregnant 20 y.o. Ivanovo girl who was tried and sentenced over an "extremist" internet re-post?
I do not support such methods. But if posted material violated the law, then why do you argue with that? The law should not be violated, it is a normal European approach. If you do not like the law, you should refer to the deputies with a request for amendments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Russian Forces in Ukraine
Igor Sutyagin

The Royal United Services Institute (RUSI) is an independent think tank engaged in cutting edge defence and security research. A unique institution, founded in 1831 by the Duke of Wellington, RUSI embodies nearly two centuries of forward thinking, free discussion and careful reflection on defence and security matters.

https://www.rusi.org/downloads/asset...aine_FINAL.pdf

Russian Forces in Ukraine
Following their increasingly large-scale, direct and conventional involvement
in combat against Ukrainian troops in the middle of August 2014,3
Russian
troops in Ukraine numbered between 3,500 and 6,000–6,500 by the end
of August 2014, according to different sources.4
That number fluctuated,
reaching approximately 10,000 at the peak of direct Russian involvement
in the middle of December 2014. The Russian Ministry of Defence (MoD)
had to involve 117 combat and combat-support units to generate the
approximately 42,000 troops rotating in the vicinity of the Russo–Ukrainian
border: either stationed there, delivering artillery fire against Ukrainian
territory from Russian soil, or directly participating in combat operations on
Ukrainian sovereign territory. It is noteworthy that 104 of these 117 units
have been involved in combat since autumn 2014 in either one of the two
above mentioned forms – 3.5 times more than the number of military units
involved in Crimea and in southeastern Ukraine over spring and summer 2014.
The overall figure of Russian troops operating in eastern Ukraine reached
approximately 9,000 by the last week of February 2015 and has increased
by at least 1,500–2,000 personnel since then.
Sources on which the data are based:

4.Sergiy Leschenko, ‘Ukraina: mizh vyboramy ta voennym stanom’ [‘Ukraine: between Elections and a State of War],Ukrainska Pravda, 5 September 2014; author interview with a senior officer of the Operations Directorate, Ukrainian General Staff, 9 February 2015.
5. The US military estimates around 12,000 Russian soldiers to be supporting separatists in eastern Ukraine, according to the US Army’s Commander in Europe, General Ben Hodges. He estimates the amount of Russian troops on the Ukrainian border and in Crimea as 50,000 and 29,000, respectively. Reuters, ‘Some 12,000 Russian Soldiers inUkraine Supporting Rebels: U.S. Commander’, 3 March 2015.

I do not want to say that the Russian military does not supported the rebels, but I can not agree that this data sources can be trusted.

UPD: About military estimates. I think that these estimates are of 2 types: real assessment for internal use and assessing for message press. I would not be surprised that these assessments may differ considerably.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 03-12-2015 at 11:14 PM..

Old 03-12-2015, 11:36 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,595,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
I do not support such methods. But if posted material violated the law, then why do you argue with that? The law should not be violated, it is a normal European approach. If you do not like the law, you should refer to the deputies with a request for amendments.
Do these guys and their sponsors violate the law?

March 2015, Sverdlovsk, Russia. Mass celebration of 50 Russian nazis and indebted/unemployed losers departing to Donbass to fight and kill on the foreign soil. Equipment, supplies and money were provided by the local politicians (i.e. by state) and businessmen who don't hide their names, apparently they have no doubts that the Fuhrer didn't mean Minsk cease fire to last. The unemployed and indebted nazis choose to "volunteer" because they do get paid, or at least, they are promised money they can't make at home. It's not just about the "call of heart and soul" as comrade Putin put it, $ is a major magnet too. What about that rabid Russian clergyman (pop) blessing those maniacs to kill other Orthodox Christians whom he called "fascist"? Does he break any religious, moral or lay laws? Is he an extremist? Can a charge of "extremism" can be applied to all those people? Do Russian laws provide exceptions for anti-Ukrainian extremism, or Russian laws means squat, it's all up to the Fuhrer to decide what's extremism and what's not? Why bother with the laws then?

http://uralpolit.ru/news/sverdl/12-03-2015/57158

Honestly, I didn't expect Russians to be so rabid. Sure, you have this imperial nazism and all sorts of manias littering your minds, I took it as a "peculiarity", a folk tradition of a sort together with balalaika. Naive me couldn't believe that the Russians would be so eager, ready and willing to kill in the name of expanding Reich just after a little of propaganda brainwashing. I guess it doesn't take much propaganda scratching to expose bestial propensities of the Russian character forever spoiled by the imperial manias.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Do these guys and their sponsors violate the law?

March 2015, Sverdlovsk, Russia. Mass celebration of 50 Russian nazis and indebted/unemployed losers departing to Donbass to fight and kill on the foreign soil. Equipment, supplies and money were provided by the local politicians (i.e. by state) and businessmen who don't hide their names, apparently they have no doubts that the Fuhrer didn't mean Minsk cease fire to last. The unemployed and indebted nazis choose to "volunteer" because they do get paid, or at least, they are promised money they can't make at home. It's not just about the "call of heart and soul" as comrade Putin put it, $ is a major magnet too. What about that rabid Russian clergyman (pop) blessing those maniacs to kill other Orthodox Christians whom he called "fascist"? Does he break any religious, moral or lay laws? Is he an extremist? Can a charge of "extremism" can be applied to all those people? Do Russian laws provide exceptions for anti-Ukrainian extremism, or Russian laws means squat, it's all up to the Fuhrer to decide what's extremism and what's not? Why bother with the laws then?

Уральцы уехали воевать на Донбасс. Священники за: «Бейте фашистскую сволочь» - УралПолит.Ru

Honestly, I didn't expect Russians to be so rabid. Sure, you have this imperial nazism and all sorts of manias littering your minds, I took it as a "peculiarity", a folk tradition of a sort together with balalaika. Naive me couldn't believe that the Russians would be so eager, ready and willing to kill in the name of expanding Reich just after a little of propaganda brainwashing. I guess it doesn't take much propaganda scratching to expose bestial propensities of the Russian character forever spoiled by the imperial manias.
"nazis", "Fuhrer", "imperial nazism", "manias" - you are very hard to communicate. They are volunteers. Russia helped and will help residents of Donetsk, Lugansk and other Ukrainian cities, if it will be necessary. If you want to keep Ukraine united, then you must learn how to communicate with the Russian population and with the Russians in general.

Old 03-13-2015, 01:39 AM

Adequate article:

In E. Ukraine, Civilian Deaths Push Men to Join Rebels

Old 03-13-2015, 04:30 AM

Russia

"After a year in which furious rhetoric has been pumped across Russian airwaves, anger toward the United States is at its worst since opinion polls began tracking it. From ordinary street vendors all the way up to the Kremlin, a wave of anti-U.S. bile has swept the country, surpassing any time since the Stalin era, observers say."(с)

http://sputnikipogrom.com/wp-content...015/03/us1.png

“Starting from about 1989, we completely reoriented toward the West. We looked at them as a future paradise. We expected that once we had done all that they demanded, we’d dance for them and they would finally hug and kiss us and we would merge in ecstasy,” said Evgeny Tarlo, a member of Russia’s upper house of parliament, on a Russian talk show last year. Instead, he said, the West has been trying to destroy Russia.(с)

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 03-13-2015 at 04:48 AM..

Old 03-13-2015, 05:58 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_-EmNYUYAA-9D2.jpg

Old 03-13-2015, 10:12 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Just wanted to share. Lots of pics from the fighting aftermath.

Основной альбом

Old 03-13-2015, 11:48 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,348,051 times
So where is Putin? Missing for 9 days.

Is he dead? Sick? Is there a Kremlin coup? Is he hiding from his people? Perhaps he's institutionalized?

My guess is that he is sick, and in hiding. Dictators need to be portrayed as "strong", so a bedridden Putin would be bad for his image. It would be best if he simply had died, and the world would be freed of this tyrant, but I'm guessing we'll have to wait for his demise.

But it was hilarious that the Russian propaganda machine yesterday sought to "disprove" the missing Putin by "reporting" he was meeting with Lebedev. Only problem was that the video they showed on TV was from last October! Oops! Propaganda is much harder in the internet age, dear Kremlin propagandists.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/putins...150453763.html

And here are some theories on why Putin has gone "missing".

Yahoo!

Old 03-13-2015, 12:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Voice Of America. Special report from Mariupol. I highly suspect Mariupol is the Novorussians next target, no one there is really interested in peace right now. The Kiev junta essentially refuses to negotiate with the DNR/LNR, the cease fire is not being taken seriously, it's just an opportunity for the combatants to prepare for the next phase. I'll bet the NAF will attack as soon as practical and probably kick some major butt yet again. Turchinovs "Maginot line" east of Mariupol is just a series of very big targets for some very good artillerymen. If the UAF, Nazi Guard and Azov morons choose to make a stand in the city it could be nasty for the people. It's desirable for the junta to waste civvies so that's highly likely. Undoubtedly they're better prepared this time also but with the utter incompetence exhibited to date and people like Turchinov in the system it may not help at all.

Situation is developing.

LiveLeak.com - Even US Government Propaganda Channel admits reign of terror in pro-Russian Mariupol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe