Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2015, 08:35 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
Could you rephrase please?
The Baltic states are constantly told that Russia wants to seize them. Why do you think so? What do you have valuable that does not exist in Russia, except for sprats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 08:40 AM

1,398 posts, read 1,488,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
The Baltic states are constantly told that Russia wants to seize them. Why do you think so? What do you have valuable that does not exist in Russia, except for sprats?
Freedom.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Hmm where have I seen someting similar...
Look. The Russian Empire conquered Crimea from the Ottoman Empire. This war lasted for many years. Russian Empire has transformed marshland into region-resort. 220 years later, drunkard Yeltsin gave Crimea to Ukraine some reason. It was a mistake. And it's fixed. The overwhelming majority of the Crimean population wants to live in Russia. The overwhelming majority of Russians want the Crimea is part of the Russian Federation. It is the truth, everything else is just Ukrainian and Western propaganda.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Freedom.
Russia has a lot of freedom to do what you want. Tell me what interesting I can not do in Russia?

Old 03-18-2015, 08:55 AM

1,398 posts, read 1,488,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Russia has a lot of freedom to do what you want. Tell me what interesting I can not do in Russia?
Be gay, oppose Putler, run an independent media

Old 03-18-2015, 09:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
A little more. Seems accurate but source is not unbiased.

Quote:
But Kiev’s insistence that the law should come into force only when elections are held in the eastern territories under Ukrainian jurisdiction drew immediate criticism from Russia, whose forces Kiev says are arming and backing the rebels.

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, speaking in Moscow, said the law was a “sharp departure from the Minsk agreements” because it tied “special status” to elections in which the self-declared rebel leaders would not take part.

Ukraine parliament offers special status for rebel east, Russia criticizes | Novorossia Today

Quote:
Freedom.
You don't know what freedom is. You have never walked the streets of Russias cities and seen it. I live in America where there are so many laws and restrictions on individual freedom it's stifling. It;s a police state.

The saying "You can do anything you want only not here and not now" didn't originate in Russia.

Old 03-18-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Be gay,
This is my colleague at work:

Dasha Mochalova

He plans to make a sex-change operation. People do not endorse it, but people do not insult him for his plans. You can be gay, but most people will eschew you. You will have few friends. This is features of the Russian mentality. Laws prohibit gay propaganda. The Russians are trying to protect their children from things that are not correct from their point of view. It's their choice.

Quote:
oppose Putler
These people came to the rally on March 1. The march brought together Putin opposition. You can be a member of the opposition Putin. You can vote against him in the election. But the majority of Russians support Putin because he is better than previous presidents (Gorbachev and Yeltsin). Most Russians support stability, they realize that Russia needs a respite after the reforms of the 90s. It's their choice.

https://youtu.be/E1Abrc6KM1s

Quote:
run an independent media
I agree, independent TV-channels does not exist in Russia. But there is a radio:

http://www.echo.msk.ru/

There are translations of foreign articles:

Мир | ИноСМИ - Все, что достойно перевода

If someone wants to get the information he can find any point of view. It is not forbidden.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:02 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times
Re: " Happy Holidays 1 year at home"

And it was done without a nuclear war!...;-)...Vlad sure knows how to scare the West with the strategy that went into the caper.

The old boy was like old Nikita in '61 pulling out the nuke card over here. But this time Putin snuck it in after the fact. Has to now put Europe and NATO on alert with Russian intentions later on if another grab might go on. Another move in the great chess game.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:17 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
He plans to make a sex-change operation. People do not endorse it, but people do not insult him for his plans. You can be gay, but most people will eschew you. You will have few friends. This is features of the Russian mentality. Laws prohibit gay propaganda. The Russians are trying to protect their children from things that are not correct from their point of view. It's their choice.
And they have a right to do it. Here in America when it comes to sexual orientation I am proud to admit that my mentality is considered one of the worst.

I don't care what you do in your bedroom. So long as you keep it there.

Max you forget one thing. Russians are not and should not be allowed freedom in the eyes of the west. You need to accept that.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:45 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Oligarchs have taken the money out of the country.

According to the latest IMF staff report, the Ukrainian banks are now in a worse condition than they were last June. This is because the cash provided by the IMF and the World Bank through the NBU and the Deposit Guarantee Fund (DGF) has disappeared from bank balance-sheets and left the country. Fund officials now reveal they were novices at Ukrainian accounting, admitting “the balance sheets of intervened banks turned out worse than the books indicated; little value has, so far, been recovered from the assets of failed banks.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe