Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2015, 11:37 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
Take your strawman arguments and shove them up your ass. If you had read my posts, you'd see most of my posts are merely shorts comments on the debate and a few of them even supports the Russian point of view, for example:

Is the above what you call US-propaganda?
I have posted plenty of times that I disagreed with Russia annexing Crimea and Russia's involvement in Ukraine, yet that does not stop you from labeling me contributing to Russian-propaganda.

Quote:
Also, I like that your world view is so simple and so polarized that there are only two sources of information: an American and a Russian. You and your boyfriend Scrat are just butthurt because Nola, RememberMee and others have made you look like a bunch of drooling mouth-breathers.
No, not two sources of info, and I do not read nor watch Russian news. I have no idea why you presume so. Also, the other posters have not made anyone look like anything; more name calling from you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2015, 11:41 AM

602 posts, read 495,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I have posted plenty of times that I disagreed with Russia annexing Crimea and Russia's involvement in Ukraine, yet that does not stop you from labeling me contributing to Russian-propaganda.

No, not two sources of info, and I do not read nor watch Russian news. I have no idea why you presume so. Also, the other posters have not made anyone look like anything; more name calling from you?
Ok, sorry for the name calling, but it pisses me off when you and Scrat make assumption about me, when you know nothing about me, what I know about Russia or how I perceive the conflict.

And NO, I have not labeled you as contributing to Russian-propaganda, that is your arrogant interpretation of my posts.

Old 03-15-2015, 11:44 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Or, you and your girlfriend boxus can continue being butthurt, when someone calls you out on your obvious bias.
See above, Boxus hit the bullseye.

I don't hide my bias because I feel I'm right. Yanukovich (cockroach that he is) was the LEGITIMATELY elected president of Ukraine. The US sponsored a coup to put Porkochunko and his band of village idiots in power. This is illegal under national law.
Porkochunko was ordered to declared war on his own people. He did it and in doing so killed thousands of innocents, including many children. He set up a system that oppresses freedom of speech and terrorizes the people of Ukraine. He is a pimp whoring his country to western interests without even considering the welfare of the people.

Yanukovich was bad. This fat puke is infinitely worse. At least Yanukovich recognized that Ukraine could be a bridge, that if the cards were played right everyone would benefit.

My countries foreign policy for the last 60 years has been an utter failure, endless wars from pole to pole really no better in spirit than that of Nazi Germany, remember the master race that was going to save the world? It was very akin to what we have done since.

Yeah in this arena I'm biased, my moral compass will allow nothing else and I'm proud of it. You have nothing good on your side of the line. Picc off.

Some good news. The DNR is confiscating the business assets of Yanukovichs son on their territory.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:47 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,995 times
Quote:
My contributions to this thread can pretty much be boiled down to what we are debating right now: That Russian state owned media companies are not a neutral and objective source of information in regards to the war in Ukraine. Well duh.

Feel free to check out my post history. Or, you and your girlfriend boxus can continue being butthurt, when someone calls you out on your obvious bias.
Problem that we are facing is that CNN and Fox are not neutral and objective sources either.
I am forced to compare CNN to BBC to RT. CNN is the worst in terms of propaganda. Fox has a clear party objective.

So basically I read BBC.com and RT.com the truth is somewhere in the middle.

If you get all your news from CNN or FOX, we do not base our oppinions on the same facts, I think you take sensational accusations and use them as facts.

Now here is the Rt article http://rt.com/news/240921-us-masterminds-ukraine-putin/
You may dismiss this as Russian propaganda, because FOX or CNN told you to do so.

But here is the proof:
‘**** the EU’: US diplomat Victoria Nuland's phonecall leaked - video | US news | The Guardian

Since I was born in Kiev, I can also say that given my knowledge of the cultures involved, the way Russia is telling it, it makes allot more sense then the way US is telling it. Like a jigsaw puzzle the way RT.com is telling it makes the peaces fit and the way CNN is telling it does not make the peaces fit.

Which brings me back to you, your some jerk who enjoys making personal attacks on people while you actually don't say much relevant stuff.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:57 PM

Am I the jerk? You're the one assuming I get my information from FOX News, and what are you basing this on? What an awkward accusation especially taking into consideration that you get your news (apparently) from RT, which is owned by the Russian State. At least CNN and Fox aren't owned by the American Government despite their obvious bias.

What a joke.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that link to The Guardian is ancient news.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Am I the jerk? You're the one assuming I get my information from FOX News, and what are you basing this on? What an awkward accusation especially taking into consideration that you get your news (apparently) from RT, which is owned by the Russian State. At least CNN and Fox aren't owned by the American Government despite their obvious bias.

What a joke.

This weekends I have drunk vodka with 2 people, One is an immigrant from Crimea, one is an Immigrant from West Ukraine. Both people would say "I have relatives back home", meaning they still think that the place they are from is their home. I am not like them, my home is in the area of NJ that is considered greater NYC.

But these people tell it from the perspective of people who live there, so there is possibility that Ukrainians will march on Kiev to overthrow the government again.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:07 PM

Quote:

What a joke.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that link to The Guardian is ancient news.
What exactly has RT.com printed that was not true ?

Old 03-15-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
What exactly has RT.com printed that was not true ?
Do you believe everything that RT reports?

Old 03-15-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Do you believe everything that RT reports?
I already told you, I compare BBC to RT and assume facts are in the middle. But I don't believe CNN and Fox.

Old 03-15-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I already told you, I compare BBC to RT and assume facts are in the middle. But I don't believe CNN and Fox.
Alright, well, for example Putin denied on numerous occasions that the "Green men" that started the annexation of Crimea was Russian soldiers. Turns out they were Russian soldiers. Here's a link:

http://rt.com/news/239197-putin-crim...ndum-decision/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe