Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2015, 10:34 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No, she was without "baseball cap" I suppose.

http://img11.nnm.me/7/2/a/c/7/bf5d05...94d96c5af8.jpg

And so was he.

http://www.kp.ru/f/12/image/77/88/6188877.jpg

http://img11.nnm.me/4/0/5/2/1/66684b...abd38c066b.jpg

Oh really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9hOl8TuBUM

You all apparently live in some parallel Universe.
Or may be ( just may be) you are just very poorly informed.
Wow! A woman giving out cans of food to a Ukrainian woman! She must be a CIA operative sent to sow the seeds of discontent! and John McCain? Really? Yes, he visited there to support the those who were being pushed around by the government. But you would have everyone believe that these two pictures prove that the usa is sowing trouble? Give me a break (and talk about being uniformed). Let me give you a lesson in freedom - freedom means being able to protest your government (we do this all the time in the USA) and other's governments without fear of being arrested. It is foundational to any free society and it is why you don't have it in Russia. Freedom is a direct threat to your oligarchy and authoritarian system. The display of it anywhere near your borders gets your Kremlin all hot and bothered. Oh yes, we are very well informed here comrade and no one is buying that crap you are trying to sell. The world didn't believe it in your "glory days" of the USSR (Putin is still crying) and the world certainly isn't buying it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 10:46 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Wow! A woman giving out cans of food to a Ukrainian woman! She must be a CIA operative sent to sow the seeds of discontent! and John McCain? Really? Yes, he visited there to support the those who were being pushed around by the government. But you would have everyone believe that these two pictures prove that the usa is sowing trouble? Give me a break (and talk about being uniformed). Let me give you a lesson in freedom - freedom means being able to protest your government (we do this all the time in the USA) and other's governments without fear of being arrested. It is foundational to any free society and it is why you don't have it in Russia. Freedom is a direct threat to your oligarchy and authoritarian system. The display of it anywhere near your borders gets your Kremlin all hot and bothered. Oh yes, we are very well informed here comrade and no one is buying that crap you are trying to sell. The world didn't believe it in your "glory days" of the USSR (Putin is still crying) and the world certainly isn't buying it now.
I am not interested in "selling" and "buying" anything, even though it's pretty much what the good old US of A is based upon lately.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:35 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
Can't understand everything these 2 are talking about but I get the impression he's talking about Debaltsevo. Begging for help? They're being shelled by mortars and artillery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEAxn67K3AM

Old 02-15-2015, 07:43 AM

Interesting and objective article from an Italian point of view.

Old 02-15-2015, 07:51 AM

Map of the current situation in Debaltsevo. Take with salt.

dragon_first_1 -

Old 02-15-2015, 08:42 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,564,393 times
Tracking the Weapons Used to Fight Ukraine’s War

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/...ines-war/?_r=0

Old 02-15-2015, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Let me give you a lesson in freedom - freedom means being able to protest your government (we do this all the time in the USA) and other's governments without fear of being arrested.
And just how does that apply to America? People here are arrested protesting all the time, especially if/when
they step off the sidewalk. Want to talk about free speech zones? I saw the Battle Of Seattle, I saw the troops called out.
What I saw in Kiev last year would result in bodies of protesters on the street in America with a quickness. There'd be blood running down the drains long before a Molotov cocktail was thrown.

Americas protests are nice and polite, politically correct and tightly controlled and if protesters really try to make an impact like what was done in Kiev they'll disappear. You know it, I know it.
I don't see much difference between Russia and the US when it comes to freedom and as a matter of fact it seems to me Russians have more in ways than we do.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:15 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,309,496 times
yeah the ferguson protests were nice and polite

Old 02-15-2015, 09:39 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,174 times
What Russian comrades fail to acknowledge, there is a difference between mass protests and mass revolt. They want audience to believe that molotov coctails were flying from the day 1. Actually, there were 2 months of 100% peaceful protests in response to brutal beatings of the protesters who were leaving the square, mindless, needless, brutal beating, as a lesson for the future. Only after Yanukovich passed the draconian anti democratic laws, protests turned into a revolt. Where would USA government be, if it would pass the laws outlawing freedom of speech and assembly, and labeling opposition as extremism?

Cops would defend government with deadly force up to the point, after that they join the revolt.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:53 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,425,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I don't see why any people would see outlawing of freedom of speech, assembly, etc. as fair or desirable. Even the most repressive regimes don't run under the slogans "No Freedom of Speech", "No Freedom of Assembly", "If we don't approve, it is Extremism". Kiev protesters didn't take guns in their hand to fight for joining EU, the events started to heat up only after Yanukovich introduced anti democratic laws and deployed thugs all over Kiev, thus giving glimpses of the things to come. Yes, I believe all the people have the moral right and obligation to fight for the basic political freedoms and human dignity. Had the Kiev regime outlawed Donetsk people' basic political freedoms, they would have had all the rights to fight. The right to betray your own country is not a basic human right, sorry.

Agree, Ukrainians have all the rights to demand military support from the signatories of the Budapest protocol and all they get "There is no military solution", too bad comrade Putin doesn't see it that way.

That's called "the market place of ideas", invisible American reps didn't unleash rocket missile launchers to convey their wishes. Sorry, Russia is such a sorry loser. Maybe it should come up with something more appealing instead of trying to justify its paranoia with an invisible hand of the Anglo-Saxons (it used to be Judeo Masons 100 years ago)?

Only the laws that Yanovich was introducing were designed to protect government leaders from slander and libel, not restrict freedom of speech. There were no Laws that Yanuk introduced that violated democracy as it is practiced in the western world. In US if you attempt Maidan, the police would put it down. If you throw rocks at the police or destroy property, you will be treated as criminal and not a citizen exercising Free Speech.

Bydlo, is a Russian word that came from Polish. Who does that word describes? Let's pretend it does not describe your kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe