Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2015, 03:13 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,588,284 times

Advertisements

2008, Prophetic article.
KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe’s next war?
By Jeffrey T. Kuhner - The Washington Times - Sunday, October 12, 2008
KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war? - Washington Times

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Fascism is a term used to describe authoritarian nationalist political ideologies or mass movements that are concerned with notions of cultural decline or decadence and seek to achieve a millenarian national rebirth by exalting the nation or race, and promoting cults of unity, strength and purity.[1][2][3][4]
Fascists promote a type of national unity that is usually based on (but not limited to) ethnic, cultural, national, racial, and/or religious attributes. Various scholars attribute different characteristics to fascism, but the following elements are usually seen as among its integral parts: nationalism, militarism, anti-communism, totalitarianism, statism, dictatorship, economic planning (including corporatism and autarky), populism, collectivism, autocracy and opposition to classic political and economic liberalism.

Bolded text applies to the Putin Regime. Comrade Erasure will not let me lie. Anti-communism is impossible in Russia, since ostentatious Russian communists are Russian nazis first, the rest of the ideological allegiances are subordinated to nationalism (at best). Technically, Stalin' variety of communism can be called "communo fascism", it's much more astute identifier, I don't agree with the authors who included anti-communism.

Last edited by RememberMee; 02-14-2015 at 03:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 03:28 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Supposedly Porkochunko gave the cease fire order live on TV about 10 minutes ago.

Old 02-14-2015, 03:32 PM

Don't know whether to laugh or cry. A long way from the first articles description of his duties.

TASS: World - Ex-Georgian president says will coordinate Ukraine arms supplies issue

Old 02-14-2015, 05:31 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Got a link? Anyway I was talking about the Stalingrad soldiers specifically and their physical condition. Many died because the NKVD didn't know how to care for them and frankly as you note did not have the resources. It was estimated of the 90 thousand taken 30 to 40 thousand were dead within 90 days from wounds and disease due to undernourishment. It must be said too that Russians were not kind to them either in a lot of cases but who am I to judge.
Found it.

//www.city-data.com/forum/histo...l#post19920866

Post # 220.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
You are a fine Russian propagandist, yet even you should mention that violence started to pick steam only after regime of Yanukovich passed the laws suspending freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and elaborating on Putin' "extremism" trick.
Probably. The problem is, South-Eastern parts of Ukraine had no part in those events, as the map clearly shows it. Yanukovich was voted in as a president primarily because of those those parts of the country and they were not about to target his regime with Molotov's cocktails.

Quote:
Collectively, those laws, if implemented, would have banned protests or any political activity unapproved by the regime. And for those protesters who didn't get the message, gangs of thugs were standing by. Up to that point protests were peaceful, 2 months of nonviolent protests involving hundreds of thousands of people. Compare that to the short lived pro Russian protests in Donetsk involving 10,000 people at most (many of whom came from Russia) who started maiming & killing pro Ukrainian demonstrators from the day 1.
The reason that pro-Russian protest in Donetsk was "short-lived," was because at that point Russia didn't stand by the protesters, ( they way it did in Crimea,) while American reps were all over the place on Maidan. And then - then Ukrainian tanks moved in to the South East, where people were trying to stop them with bare hands.
I was watching it all unfold, starting with that "short-lived" pro-Russian protests all over the place in the South-East, in Donetsk in particular. ( Of course you can say that it were all "Russians bussed in," but that's where the deception would start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PMFRiEDmPc

( and this is Kharkov)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brTnDoynt-Y

And then Ukrainian tanks have been sent in by Kiev to South-Eastern parts of the country, where people were trying to stop them with their bare hands. I saw that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GTZiCogFmU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1k0mAkvZqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJzL03IHGJ4

Does it look to you like locals are greeting the "liberators?" "Liberators" from "oppressive regime" of Yanukovich? No, they regard them as occupational forces. Which, indeed, they were.

Quote:
People do have the right to revolt against the regime that suspends their basic rights using molotov cocktails, if that what it takes.
I don't argue with that, but define "people" first. If PART of them has this right, then OTHER PART has the same right to take guns in their hands and to defend what they consider fair. And as the first part of people has the possibility to ask for help from foreign states, so does the other part of people have the same right.

Quote:
It's OK, if Russians are OK with their weird mixture of totalitarianism, oligarchy, feudalism and mafia rule soaked in the nazism, paranoia and institutionalized corruption. Enjoy, if that what makes you happy and let Ukrainians to figure out their social organization.
"Mafia rule soaked in nazism" - that sounds very poetic.
But see, if American reps wouldn't have been all over the place before and during Maidan events, you could have been talking about "let Ukrainians to figure out their social organization."
But since it clearly not just "Ukrainians" that "are figuring out social organization," your statement doesn't make much sense.

Old 02-14-2015, 06:53 PM

So much for the cease fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGlzomxxNro#t=20

Old 02-14-2015, 07:07 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,335,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
It actually is quite poetic. It's about the best short description I've heard regarding the Putin regime.

Quote:
But see, if American reps wouldn't have been all over the place before and during Maidan events, you could have been talking about "let Ukrainians to figure out their social organization."
This is actually hilarious because Ukraine is pretty much irrelevant to the U.S. No one in the U.S. cares about some poor former Soviet state, and it has zero economic or strategic value to the U.S. And the Obama administration is easily the most isolationist presidency in the U.S. since WW2, and had no previous interest in foreign adventures in Eastern Europe.

But Putin had to invade Ukraine and threaten the rest of Europe, so obviously the U.S. is now involved. The U.S. isn't going to do nothing if Russia is going around invading nations everywhere. They invaded Georgia, then Ukraine, they're now threatening the Baltics. Russia woke a sleeping tiger, and tiger will probably eat them whole.

And it will be much worse for Putin if he survives until the next U.S. presidency, because Hiliary Clinton is the strong favorite, and she is VERY pro-intervention. The previous Clinton administration was probably the most activist administration in terms of foreign policy since the height of the Cold War.

Russian history will rue the day that Putin invaded Ukraine. It will be the beginning of the end of the Putin regime. To wealthy Russians, Putin's Russia is already "over". That's why they're in London and NYC, hiding their families and assets. They'll return once the kleptocracy ends.

Old 02-14-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Ah yeah...
The nazis are rocking the boat from what I've noticed..
I think they are realizing by now that no one is planning to let them out of the cauldron.
See, "Kievan Russia" and "Sich" are both National Guard battalions, and DNRs promised safety to regular Ukrainian troops ( conscripts and all) if they surrender, however they didn't promise the same to the Nazis - the likes of "Azov."
So here ( whoever these people are - from "Azov" I assume?) are cursing Kiev's government, saying that "there are only 20 people left" from 26th batallion ( Kievan Rus, Sich - whatever,) and that something needs to be done, urgently, in order to save them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1veLPTfS0U#t=13

Old 02-14-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
It actually is quite poetic. It's about the best short description I've heard regarding the Putin regime.

This is actually hilarious because Ukraine is pretty much irrelevant to the U.S. No one in the U.S. cares about some poor former Soviet state, and it has zero economic or strategic value to the U.S.
Nola, I have to repeat the same question - what are you all smoking there?
Because I've noticed already long time ago that Ukrainians sound like 18year old kids from la-la land. Or may be somewhat similar to what Russians sounded 20 years ago.
Ever heard of Zbignev Brzezinski?

Zbigniew Brzezinski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If not, then better start reading, because Russians are aware of it, while Ukrainians seem to be not ( or are in total denial)

The Eurasian Chessboard: Brzezinski Mapped Out “The Battle for Ukraine” in 1997 | Global Research

keep in mind at that, that it's still an active figure in politics as the wiki article explains it to you. And he is not the only one supporting this particular point of view, where Ukraine belongs to on the "world's chessboard." I am not even mentioning here at that all the designs American gov/corporations have for fracking in Ukraine ( trying to ease E.U dependence on Russian oil,) and so on.
So I'd rather leave you with this appeal of Ukrainian students to Russian students ( the way they see the situation) and the response of Russian students to them.
This sounds more like your level, so you have a lot of homework to do.
It's not all about "Putin" you see - it's just that Russians understand the world politics much better than Ukrainians do, and they do understand what's at stake here, they see a bigger picture, Putin or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPB-sZ4sVss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zn69mAzPwjg

Old 02-14-2015, 07:45 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,894 times
Quote:
Probably. The problem is, South-Eastern parts of Ukraine had no part in those events, as the map clearly shows it. Yanukovich was voted in as a president primarily because of those those parts of the country and they were not about to target his regime with Molotov's cocktails.

The reason that pro-Russian protest in Donetsk was "short-lived," was because at that point Russia didn't stand by the protesters, ( they way it did in Crimea,) while American reps were all over the place on Maidan. And then - then Ukrainian tanks moved in to the South East, where people were trying to stop them with bare hands.
I was watching it all unfold, starting with that "short-lived" pro-Russian protests all over the place in the South-East, in Donetsk in particular. ( Of course you can say that it were all "Russians bussed in," but that's where the deception would start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PMFRiEDmPc

( and this is Kharkov)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brTnDoynt-Y

And then Ukrainian tanks have been sent in by Kiev to South-Eastern parts of the country, where people were trying to stop them with their bare hands. I saw that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GTZiCogFmU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1k0mAkvZqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJzL03IHGJ4

Does it look to you like locals are greeting the "liberators?" "Liberators" from "oppressive regime" of Yanukovich? No, they regard them as occupational forces. Which, indeed, they were.

I don't argue with that, but define "people" first. If PART of them has this right, then OTHER PART has the same right to take guns in their hands and to defend what they consider fair. And as the first part of people has the possibility to ask for help from foreign states, so does the other part of people have the same right.

But since it clearly not just "Ukrainians" that "are figuring out social organization," your statement doesn't make much sense.
"American reps were all over the place in Maidan". LOL! What you saw a picture of someone wearing a New Yaork Yankee baseball cap? NOLA is correct. Americans could care less about the Ukraine. Its the EU and The Ukrainian government that have been cozy. The USA and the EU is just playing "good cop/bad cop" (USA being the bad cop), but everyone here sees this as a European problem and not ours. We have bigger fish to fry with the Islamo-fascists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe