Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2015, 11:50 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,333,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
NOLA you can stop right there, because it's precisely this attitude that led to today's situation.
It's precisely the attitude of Ukrainian nationalists who felt they had the right to kill anyone that were not "Ukrainian" enough on "every inch of Ukrainian soil."
Wrong. It is precisely the attitude of every country on earth. You are just an apologist for Putin, and think that global norms do not apply to Russia.

If there were Ukrainian soldiers or Ukranian proxies in Russia, then they would be either captured or shot and killed by Russian soldiers, and everyone would agree that is the correct solution. Russia has every right to defend its borders from military invaders. No foreign military has any right to enter Russia.

Similarly, Ukraine has the right to kill Russian soldiers and their proxies in Ukraine. In fact they have the obligation to do so. If they do nothing then there will be no more Ukraine, and Putin will continue to the Baltics and eventually to the heart of Europe.

As the world learned under Hitler and Stalin, one cannot appease or negotiate with dictators with no interest in global norms. Similarly, Putin has no interest in any sort of negotiation, and can only be reasoned with through force. Hopefully he will be overthrown before he causes Russia to disintegrate due to his foreign adventures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2015, 11:55 AM

3,866 posts, read 3,142,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Ukraine has every right to enforce the law on every inch of Ukranian soil. They can travel anywhere in Ukraine, and kill anyone in Ukraine if they are trying to take Ukrainian land.

And you don't give a damn about peace treaties; Russia promised to never challenge Ukrainian boundaries in exchange for 1,200 nuclear weapons in Ukraine's posession following the end of the Cold War, yet now Russian forces illegally occupy Crimea and are currently controlling parts of Eastern Ukraine. Of course Russia now also controls the nuclear weapons that Ukraine foolishly gave up in exchange for supposed "peace". It shows that negotiations with Putin are useless.

Obviously any Russian soldier or Russian proxy in Crimea or the Donbass can be legally shot on site, as they are invaders. It's no different than if there were Ukrainian tanks in Moscow. Russia would have every right to kill the invaders. Russia respects no treaty. They didn't respect the original treaty, they didn't respect the ceasefire, and they won't respect this ceasefire. It is just an excuse to delay a Western military response, which is inevitable.

As long as there is even one Russian in Crimea or the Donbass, they will be targets, and for good reason. This will not end until Russia leaves (probably not until Putin is overthrown).
Regime change is only permissible by the USA in other nations in the name of fighting terrorism and or
on the pretence of protecting the suffering population of that nation from abuse from its leaders. The US government was ready to bomb the government of Syria because it was supposedly using chemical weapons on its citizens in an effort to kill rebels trying to take Sryian land. I didn't know torture was a global norm but apparently the US government finds it acceptable in Guantanomo Bay Cuba.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:07 PM

750 posts, read 907,307 times
Quote:
"Gorlovka was aircraft bombed of 500 kg bombs" - the cheap propagation for silly stupid Russians - the Ukrainian combat aviation already half a year does not rise in air, complying with conditions of an armistice. But it is not pleasant to the Russian propagandists, compelled to invent a parallel reality by bombardment of the occupied cities. In fact it is easier, than to explain this:

Way of Russian Nazi.
or this

Fresh Memorial in Russia in the inner territory of military base.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:52 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Wrong. It is precisely the attitude of every country on earth. You are just an apologist for Putin, and think that global norms do not apply to Russia.

If there were Ukrainian soldiers or Ukranian proxies in Russia, then they would be either captured or shot and killed by Russian soldiers, and everyone would agree that is the correct solution. Russia has every right to defend its borders from military invaders. No foreign military has any right to enter Russia.

Similarly, Ukraine has the right to kill Russian soldiers and their proxies in Ukraine. In fact they have the obligation to do so. If they do nothing then there will be no more Ukraine, and Putin will continue to the Baltics and eventually to the heart of Europe.

As the world learned under Hitler and Stalin, one cannot appease or negotiate with dictators with no interest in global norms. Similarly, Putin has no interest in any sort of negotiation, and can only be reasoned with through force. Hopefully he will be overthrown before he causes Russia to disintegrate due to his foreign adventures.

Sorry I can't share your rabid hatred; besides, going on and on about "Putin," you've never made an adequate comment on this and that's precisely what explains the best why today's bombing of civilians and infrastructure by Kiev's government is downright criminal.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
"Gorlovka was aircraft bombed of 500 kg bombs" - the cheap propagation for silly stupid Russians - the Ukrainian combat aviation already half a year does not rise in air, complying with conditions of an armistice. But it is not pleasant to the Russian propagandists, compelled to invent a parallel reality by bombardment of the occupied cities. In fact it is easier, than to explain this:

Way of Russian Nazi.
or this

Fresh Memorial in Russia in the inner territory of military base.
Wadym, I remember how the Ukrainian media was vehemently denying the air raids of Lugans, until the OSCE quietly proved it.
I don't believe a single word of Ukrainian propaganda; if the inhabitants of the cities/villages in Eastern Ukraine are witnessing that they've been bombed from airplanes, that's whom I am going to believe first of all, no matter what official Ukrainian sources are telling.
And you can post all the pictures of the world "proving" whatever you like, I see now how mad dogs are bombing people and civilian infrastructure first moments after "peace negotiations," still hoping to "turn the tide" in their favor.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:11 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
The Untold Story Of A Ukrainian Sniper Who Took Part In The Maidan Massacre

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...aidan-massacre

Old 02-13-2015, 02:48 PM

750 posts, read 907,307 times
Quote:
I see now
You see nothing.

Except that you want to see in russian tv.

Last edited by Wadym; 02-13-2015 at 03:01 PM..

Old 02-13-2015, 05:38 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Cease fire doesn't start until 12 am on the 15th. 2 more days or it might never stop.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:33 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
It looks like it's setting up for another situation like Crimea where the rebel-held territories will have to formally secede.

Quote:
The agreement signed Thursday also states that "decentralization" must be a "key element" in the reform of Ukraine's constitution. Russian President Vladimir Putin focused on this point, telling reporters Thursday that the agreement calls for constitutional reforms that take into account what he called the "legitimate rights” of the people living in Donetsk and Luhansk.

In an apparent response to the Russian leader, Poroshenko stressed later Thursday that the Ukrainian side had not agreed to grant the rebel-held areas in eastern Ukraine "autonomy," nor had it backed away from opposing the country's "federalization" — something Moscow has repeatedly called for.
Interpretations of Ukraine Cease-Fire Pact Could Clash

Old 02-13-2015, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
You see nothing.

Except that you want to see in russian tv.
Wadym, here is the thing; I don't watch Russian TV, I simply don't have it.
The only time I see it, is when I come across their reporting on Youtube.
I see Ukrainian TV reporting on Youtube as well; it's very unconvincing, and sometimes it downright proves the rebels point, how much Kiev ( and its reps) are hated in Eastern Ukraine. I mean I posted few videos here earlier made by Ukrainian TV, where the locals are cursing them and even attack them.
Another good source of information for me is Anatoli Sharii. You know who he is, don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe