Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2019, 12:47 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
21.05.19 11:09

The mission of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has arrived in Kyiv for assessment of the implementation of the current Stand-By Arrangement in Ukraine and consultations on Article IV of the IMF Agreement.
Censor.NET reports citing Hromadske.

"The IMF experts began work in Ukraine," the IMF Resident Representative Office in Ukraine said.

Earlier, IMF Resident Representative in Ukraine Goesta Ljungman said that the IMF mission planned to work in Ukraine for two weeks. Among the main issues of concern, he noted the adoption of the new wording of the law on liability for illegal enrichment after the abolition of the previous one by the Constitutional Court in February of this year. Source: https://censor.net.ua/en/n3127950

I am not sure what this all means exactly yet ( although I already saw earlier that Klympush-Tsintsadze

already suggested the review of the "Ukraine-EU Association," ( whatever that means,) comes 2020.

Yesterday it was a beautiful day for Ukrainian people ( well most of them, excluding the Galicia province I'd think.)
It was like a day lived in a fairy-tale; that look on disbanded parliament ( Proroshenko et al) was priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1iqvf7A_cI

I personally loved when Ze, during his inauguration speech switched to Russian when addressing Donbass, and the way he addressed Lyashko in particular.

( Now I am learning with a bit of surprise that Poroshenko, who has pushed the most draconian language law in the history of Ukraine lately, made his inauguration speech in Russian.
Not only that, but he acknowledged recently that he speaks Russian at home, not Ukrainian. So talking about the cognitive dissonance here... )
Love the fact that Ulyana Suprun, that "great reformer of Health care" in Ukraine, dubbed "Dr. Death." packed her things and headed back home to the US the very same day ( or before) the inauguration.

But other than that... other than that Ukraine will continue its ruinous path, alas.

I find the appearance of Rick Perry during inauguration, talking about the necessity of the "free economy" in Ukraine particularly ominous.

Judging by reaction in Moscow, it was watching the inauguration with glee, instead of "shaking in its boots," while looking at all these booted corrupt officials in Ukraine of the highest ranks.
And Moscow is watching all the developments with glee for very good reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oz10EaSYS8&t=205s

Last edited by erasure; 05-21-2019 at 01:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2019, 01:15 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
It was a beautiful day indeed. And the language thing... so glad to see that being addressed correctly. Lyashko, what an idiot I'm glad to see him called out as a divider. Using language to divide is always a dumb idea and Poroshenko paid for it dearly even though it gained him some obvious support from the nationalists as well. The one family I know in "Galacia" was thrilled yesterday too (not everyone there cares about language so much) but what's that, just one family.

I don't see anything particularly good or bad about the Energy Secretary being the delegate. Pompeo would have been more appropriate but maybe not due to his rather anti-Moscow speeches lately. Perhaps Perry is indicating interest in Ukraine reforming its investment climate to the point of inviting outside energy development? Kind of the opposite of what Biden/Burisma was attempting hahaha.

Everyone is waiting to see if he is going down the path of real reform or is it like the last guy, a little reform and a lot of faking the rest.

Old 05-22-2019, 03:41 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
The first reprimand

President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky, according to the head of the presidential administration Andrei Bogdan, is ready to announce a referendum on future negotiations with the Russian Federation. Next - about the call Volker:

According to Bogdan, the possibility of expressing the views of not only the deputies and the President, but also the entire Ukrainian people on this issue is being considered.

For discussion during the plebiscite it is planned to make questions about the settlement of the situation in the Donbass, as well as about the General "peace agreements with Russia".

Meanwhile, the first "shout" from the American "friends" of Ukraine has already arrived. Special representative of the us state Department Kurt Volker spoke out against the appointment of Andrei Bogdan as head of the presidential administration of Ukraine, but Vladimir Zelensky ignored this message Volker. According to Volker, Bogdan "is closely associated with the oligarch Igor Kolomoisky." He was his lawyer. Previously, he went through the so-called "lustration".

And the law on lustration, adopted earlier in Ukraine, is now sent to the constitutional court for consideration – for its compliance or non-compliance with the basic law of Ukraine.

According to the latest data, Volker called Zelensky himself and claimed that Bogdan could not be put on the post of head of the AP. But Zelensky his "Council" are not listened to by appointment. The US "took note", noting the "erroneous decision" of the Ukrainian President.

And consequences of wrong decisions

"Today or tomorrow the IMF mission returns to Washington. There will be no revision of the program," the source said.
According to him, the reason was the decision of the Ukrainian leader Vladimir Zelensky to dissolve the Verkhovna Rada.
The source noted that some personnel appointments in the presidential administration did not go unnoticed.
On may 21, IMF representatives began their work in Ukraine during the first review visit to review the current program. Taken from the Internet.

Old 05-22-2019, 01:43 PM
DKM

Its very weird (but not surprising) the way Russians spin news of political transition. Grasping at straws I suppose to try to spin normal things in a negative light. Obviously the IMF mission would be delayed if parliament is dissolved. Such chaos and instability when people demand new governments, LOL!

Old 05-23-2019, 06:24 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
The pervert Lyashko makes me want to puke. A stuntman, a self serving chit if there ever was one.

Anyway. THis is interesting.

TASS: World - Ukrainian saboteurs captured in DPR confess to plot against OSCE

Old 05-23-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
The pervert Lyashko makes me want to puke. A stuntman, a self serving chit if there ever was one.

The more I look at this whole gang of Poroshenko's "top managers" in the government, this whole Ukrainian bleating team, ( Parubiy, Lyashko et al,) the more they remind me some diabolic creatures coming straight from Hieronim Bosch's paintings.
I kid you not.
Yet Zelensky still decided to sit down and to play cards with them.
He lost yesterday big time.

They've swindled him in the parliament, and now are set to claim their power back.

Ah yeah...
I saw the reports already.
The original claim of Ukrainian side was - "They've simply lost their way. Accidentally so. It happens."

Old 05-24-2019, 12:09 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yet Zelensky still decided to sit down and to play cards with them.
He lost yesterday big time.

They've swindled him in the parliament, and now are set to claim their power back.
This isn't Russia where the president rules the nation unrestrained. Parliament is always in control, as it was in 2014 when they impeached Yanukovich.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
This isn't Russia where the president rules the nation unrestrained. Parliament is always in control, as it was in 2014 when they impeached Yanukovich.

No DKM, you are off - that's not what I was referring to.
Zelensky has set down to negotiate with parliament, they reached the compromise.
But the next day he showed up there, the parliament ( read Poroshenko's people) acted as if the negotiations ( and agreement) didn't take place a day before.
With other words, they duped him.
But this is already unimportant in the big scheme of things.
What IS important, it's the couple of the first nominations Ze made.

Number one - the head of Ze's administration, and he is Kolomoysky's man ( instead of one of Ze's people, as many have expected and were hoping for.)
And this in turn ( I assume) led to Trump's refusal to meet with Ze ( the meeting Ze requested and was really looking forward to.)
It looks like Trump/Guiliani have something personal against Kolomoysky, and they make no secret out of it.

Yet another interesting nomination is A. Daniluk ( who was closely associated with N. Jaresko - yet another *fake sounding* Ukrainian - i.e. it's really an American placed into Ukrainian government in key position, sort of like infamous Suprun. But Suprun was an "acting Minister of Health," while this one was Minister of Finance of Ukraine 2014-2016 ( meaning after the coup d'etat.)

Now Daniluk himself (who stayed afloat during all kinds of governments in Ukraine,) if to believe A. Dubinsky investigation, has direct connections to the US banking sector, and from what I remember, he has ties to the Dem. Party in the US.
He has received the biggest promotion so far, appointed by Zelensky as the Secretary of the National defense of Ukraine.

And then, then there is this totally cool video with a great detailed analysis and facts regarding the "gas wars" in Europe, which involves Russia, EU, US and Ukraine. I wish I could translate it.

But no worries DKM, I'll keep you in the loop ( I know you are really looking forward to my updates.)))

Last edited by erasure; 05-24-2019 at 03:59 PM..

Old 05-24-2019, 05:03 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Then you have this.

Joint statement by civil society representatives on the first political steps of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky | UACRISIS.ORG

So if Zelensky doesn't do as he's told there will be trouble? Riots? People beaten on the streets by roving gangs of thugs? Acts of terror? Murders? Would they assassinate him?

There's a stench about.

Old 05-24-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Then you have this.

Joint statement by civil society representatives on the first political steps of the President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky | UACRISIS.ORG

So if Zelensky doesn't do as he's told there will be trouble? Riots? People beaten on the streets by roving gangs of thugs? Acts of terror? Murders? Would they assassinate him?

There's a stench about.

Oh, Poroshenko is already throwing hissy fits and he threatened Zelensky with a new Maidan ( he removed this twit later or wherever he posted it on Social media.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe