Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2020, 12:49 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
They will be similar to the Roussen-class fast attack craft based on the vita design: 680 tons, 62 meters in length. They are anti-ship ships which are used to defend littoral waters. You can see pictures and a video of the ones Greece just finished up in the link.

https://www.navalnews.com/naval-news...ed-sea-trials/

Here is a good picture for you. Just imagine a Ukrainian navy flag on there:
Go for it ! Boys with flags are ready,the main thing is not to get tired of waiting. Let's see how many and what kind of ships will be in the end. Can I stock up on popcorn ? ))

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2020, 01:28 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Ummm.. Why aren't the Ukrainians building them all?
Oh I forgot, they are not allowed.

Colonies must abide by the rules.
Because they are British ships. They train the Ukrainian ship workers in Britain and then train some more onsite in Ukraine. It is unclear how much of the internal and weapons systems will be British vs. Ukrainian but BAE is likely to supply the anti-ship missiles. Sorry if Ukraine doesn't feel the loss of 1978 built minesweepers stolen by Russia 6 years ago.

The shipyards in Nikolaev have long been dormant under the old days of Russian aligned Ukraine. OKEAN was shut down in 2010. Now they are active again.

Largest ship built in Ukraine in 25 years was completed last fall:

https://ukrainetoday.org/2020/06/06/...n-three-years/

It isn't much still but moving in the right direction. This deal with the UK is simply the next step to rebuilding ship building industry. I know, making ships for European customers is simply "colonization".

Old 10-09-2020, 12:23 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
^
Sure, China wants to buy more grain - that's what this "largest ship" in Ukraine was built for, for this particular purpose. Grain shipments - that's what new agrarian colony needs.

With British loans for Ukraine (for buying British-made goods) - that's a different story ( or is it the same colonial story may be?)

I'll translate the details if I have time)))

Old 10-09-2020, 03:59 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,797 times
Quote:
Because they are British ships. They train the Ukrainian ship workers in Britain and then train some more onsite in Ukraine. It is unclear how much of the internal and weapons systems will be British vs. Ukrainian but BAE is likely to supply the anti-ship missiles. Sorry if Ukraine doesn't feel the loss of 1978 built minesweepers stolen by Russia 6 years ago.

The shipyards in Nikolaev have long been dormant under the old days of Russian aligned Ukraine. OKEAN was shut down in 2010. Now they are active again.

Largest ship built in Ukraine in 25 years was completed last fall:

It isn't much still but moving in the right direction. This deal with the UK is simply the next step to rebuilding ship building industry. I know, making ships for European customers is simply "colonization".
Yes, to give a whole pig for free to Western friends, in return for receiving a loan at interest already gnawed bone from this pig, this is undoubtedly a reason for pride. Yes! Hooray! )))

Old 10-09-2020, 08:25 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:

Largest ship built in Ukraine in 25 years was completed last fall.

That's a bulk carrier or possibly a ferry and a small one at that. It doesn't have long legs and it's wide so that means it's a shallow draft vessel. It will probably bring wheat down the Dneipre river to grain terminals on the Blacksea where its put on larger ships to go where the real money will be made.

All these improvements you throw up seem to be about the extraction of capital goods DKM.

Can anyone say Banana Republic here?

Old 10-09-2020, 02:44 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times
Crops aren't capital goods. They are grown each year. You know your boats, but clearly lack education in economics. The harvests expand each year due to free market regulations (no more stupid communist quotas). 2020 is a down year all around but that's a different situation.

Here's the fact: The largest shipyard in Ukraine closed under yanukovich and reopened recently. It built some ships for European customers already and more are on order. Hard to spin that one, but I know Russians will try.

Bye bye commies, at least you still have Belarus (for now)!

Old 10-09-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Crops aren't capital goods. They are grown each year. You know your boats, but clearly lack education in economics. The harvests expand each year due to free market regulations (no more stupid communist quotas). 2020 is a down year all around but that's a different situation.

Here's the fact: The largest shipyard in Ukraine closed under yanukovich and reopened recently. It built some ships for European customers already and more are on order. Hard to spin that one, but I know Russians will try.

This particular shipyard ( being one of the biggest and powerful back in Soviet times) is the only one that received decent line of credits from European institutions, but overall Ukraine works only at 10% of its potential ( as far as shipbuilding goes.)

Back in commie times it was supplying 70% of all Soviet-built vessels/repairs in the country.

Without "Russia proper" ( and commies) Ukraine is in shambles, shipbuilding including.
Spin it any way you like.

Quote:
Hello oligarchy you mean?
Then Ukraine is not going anywhere, since Russia is an oligarchic state as well.

Old 10-09-2020, 09:43 PM

Yet another politician is killed in Ukraine by the nationalists.

The deputy candidate from "For Life" party was beaten up by a masked man shortly after the meeting with his voters and died two days later in hospital from his injuries.

https://focus.ua/ukraine/464759-na_z...utaty_ot_opzzh

Old 10-10-2020, 12:11 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:

LMAO!!!

DKM. Let me educate you on economics. A capital good is any good used to make something else. In this case raw, bulk cereals. Wheat, rye, sorgum ect.

Are you with me so far?

A capital good is used to make a consumer good, something a person would buy in order to utilize for a purpose. Such as a loaf of bread bought to feed to the family.

Still there?

Now it's obvious that grains of wheat do not make make loaves of bread, you have to do something to the grains of wheat now don'tflour.Yes, you need to grind it into something called flour.

Are we good this far?

This is usually done by a person who provides a service. Then magic happens. The flour is sold to other people who turn the flour into something else. Bread, pastries, pizza crusts and stuff like that. All along this chain money is being exchanged. The drivers who deliver the flour and bread get paid, the people in the stores who put it on the shelf get paid. This little triangle of capital goods being turned into consumer goods by way of services provided by others is what I call an economic system.

I hope I didn't lose you.

What's good about an economic system is it creates something called wealth. This system is good at that. It provides opportunity and a means for people to up their quality of life and just basically live a good life under this system. It works great until you mess with it. Or you skew it by means of corruption and or coercion.

Ukraine has been coerced by corrupt individuals into skewing this system. Into breaking it.

Don't tell me I don't know what Im talking about.

Old 10-10-2020, 12:31 PM

^
The Easterners ( particularly the older generation) understand very well what's going on in Ukraine in this respect, that from a country that was producing ( and thus keeping its labor busy,) it's turning more and more into the country whose economy is based on exporting the raw materials ( such as grain and timber), while *the country* itself becomes the damping ground for foreign-made goods. All while THEIR OWN labor is forced to migrate to Poland and to work for Polish ( and other EU countries economies.)

They already question Zelensky' state of mind after he returned from Great Britain, touting his "success" after getting more loans, with the help of which he is going to pay for those British boats, made in Great Britain.

So yes, the older generation understands it all - on which conditions Ukraine is "getting integrated in the Western world."
That's why the West likes to pray more on their young - be that Ukrainians or Belorussians, that don't read the fine print, and prefer to believe in the sweet promises instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe