Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2019, 11:56 AM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,853,283 times

Advertisements

Russia does want conflict. They send troops, ammo and weapons to Donetsk even today. That is the only reason there is a conflict at all.

The DNR forces lost their ground in the summer of 2014 and were going backwards until late August when Russia's army joined the fight attacking from behind and shooting down Ukrainian aircraft. They regained only the areas on the Russian side of Donetsk and never recaptured areas once under DNR control further west including Toretsk, Slavyansk and cities in between. The DNR continues to fight because they want the entire oblast under their control. This has been their stated goal. These are the facts and we all know them, so you can say or think what you want, I don't really care.

The river is probably as far as NATO forces would advance to in light of an invasion by Russia. Russia would never take Kiev in an armed conflict. I'm not convinced enough Russians want to kill Ukrainians or be killed by them as it would take to accomplish the task. Like i said, no use in discussing something that will never happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 11:50 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Here is another interesting investigative piece of journalism, coming from Ukraine ( which is still awaiting patiently for inauguration of its new president. )

(My apologies to Russian speakers, since this particular journalist uses a lot of expletives, which some find distasteful. ( I personally find him very humorous, even when he talks about serious things.))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=648B...7xJIVh&index=3

"So, dear friends… I am the one and only journalist in Ukraine, against whom Ulyana Suprun, (our Acting Minister of Health, help us God,) filed a lawsuit for the “defamation of character.”
One (very respected person in medical circles) called me today and said… “ How the f… did you manage to succeed? From 2016, since the time she was appointed as a head of the Health Care in Ukraine, we keep on writing letters, we appeal to the different Parliament committees, we appeal to the Prosecutor General, we write to the US State Department, we write to the US Embassy with a question “how the f… did she get here,” but no one can give us an answer.

We write the condemning articles about the corruption in the Health Care, about what the Health Care reform conducted by Suprun are really all about, and everyone is responding to us; “there is nothing we can do. It’s not our area of responsibility.”
She doesn’t react to any of our complaints, she doesn’t respond to us, she is not willing to meet with any of us, and all of a sudden she files a lawsuit against you. So HOW DID YOU MANAGE? Holly sh*t, congratulations."

This is probably the highest appraisal a person can get for exposing someone executing the genocide of the Ukrainian people. Of course you can read somewhere on the Facebook that Ulyana Suprun is doing a great job, and her reforms are nothing but success. The strange thing though is, that people responding from these accounts, when asked, go on and on about these reforms in such manner, that you get an impression that they have all the diseases in the world from A to Z; from Botkin syndrome to oncology and everything in-between.
So as you can understand, these are simply fake accounts, because any real person who went to the hospital or had a necessity god forbids to call an ambulance for a sick child, knows what these Suprun’s reforms are really all about.
And still nobody knows what/who this US citizen Ulyana Suprun really is. I conducted a poll on my Youtube channel with a question “Who in your opinion Ulyana Suprun is? Is she
A.) CIA representative
B.) Representative of the US pharmaceutical mafia,
or C.) Patriot and reformer.
Only 8% of the 4,000 voters considered her a “patriot and reformer.”
About 77% consider her to be a representative of the American Pharmaceutical mafia, and plus minus 13% consider her to be a CIA agent.

You know, interestingly enough, these 13% are correct.

I will show you here a very interesting publication of Semyon Gluzman, a chairman of the Psychiatric Association of Ukraine, and member of American Association of Psychiatry. As it follows from this particular letter ( addressed to Gina Haspel, the CIA Director,) Ukraine has its own CIA curator, someone named Mr. Voznyak.
So Ulyana Suprun in fact is his cousin. This mentioned above Mr. Voznyak was the one lobbying for appointment of Ulyana Suprun as a head of the Health care in Ukraine, and now she is under his protection. And as you can understand, this particular position has gazillion of possibilities, because the purchases made by the Ukraine Health Ministry from some “foreign organizations,” the purchases that are called quote unquote “transparent,” represent billions of dollars in revenues for the foreign companies. Starting from the British “Crown Agents” and ending with the companies connected to George Soros.

So firstly, this is an interesting fact that Ulyana Suprun got her job with the help of the CIA curator in Ukraine, Mr. Voznyak. At that, as you have noticed, no denouncement has followed so far, although this letter written by Gluzman, was written in an official manner.

Further on, when we look at this letter, it brings quite a few questions.
So who was lobbying this appointment? What kind of salary the US citizen Ulyana Suprun is receiving in the CIA (and if she is getting it at all.) What kind of income she declares in Ukraine ( if she has the US income for example.)
As far as we know, her pension fund in the US is about $ 500,000; so who was making payments there? I think I can ask a lot of questions in connection with some CIA curator protecting the activities of the Health Minister of Ukraine.
I think I will formulate these questions and make a list for Ms. Suprun, so that you and me would be finally able to figure out, whom exactly we are dealing with.
Because if you talk to any other doctors in Ukraine, they will explain to you, that this is no way a “Minister of Health care,” but a person sent here to us, heathens, to siphon our money. Therefore we have to fight this person not less, but probably more than Poroshenko himself.
Because if Poroshenko steals our money and deprives people of the possibility to survive, U. Suprun steals them specifically from the sick people, that have small chance to survive to begin with."

Last edited by erasure; 05-10-2019 at 12:20 AM..

Old 05-10-2019, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Russia does want conflict. They send troops, ammo and weapons to Donetsk even today. That is the only reason there is a conflict at all.

The DNR forces lost their ground in the summer of 2014 and were going backwards until late August when Russia's army joined the fight attacking from behind and shooting down Ukrainian aircraft. They regained only the areas on the Russian side of Donetsk and never recaptured areas once under DNR control further west including Toretsk, Slavyansk and cities in between. The DNR continues to fight because they want the entire oblast under their control. This has been their stated goal. These are the facts and we all know them, so you can say or think what you want, I don't really care.

The river is probably as far as NATO forces would advance to in light of an invasion by Russia. Russia would never take Kiev in an armed conflict. I'm not convinced enough Russians want to kill Ukrainians or be killed by them as it would take to accomplish the task. Like i said, no use in discussing something that will never happen.

Oh, don't be so naive DKM.
You are obviously not familiar with other facts, since you never heard Girkin ( aka Strelkov) talking on a subject.

Truth of the matter is, Strelkov chose Slavyansk to begin with, because of its strategic importance from the military point of view, hoping for arrival of the Russian troops. ( Don't forget that he is a pro.)

Once it became clear that there will be no Russian troops, the strategic importance of Slavyansk simply disappeared, so he moved the fighting units (consisting of the locals and already well-trained) elsewhere, instead of allowing them all to perish defending already useless Slavyansk.

Further on ( since I used to follow the conversations of those in the know,) the DNR/LNR people were ready ( at least couple of times) to advance and to capture much bigger swaths of territories, but every time the attacks have been called off from Moscow, apparently.

Do you think that after Debaltsevo and Illovaisk cauldrons, where they handed the Ukrainian army their arses, they wouldn't have been able to advance as far as they wanted to?

Of course they could of.

Moscow just didn't want any advancements. Apparently, people over there calculated what military positions were the most beneficial for the DNR/LNR from strategic point of view for the time being, and that's where they were ordered to remain.
End of.

Last edited by erasure; 05-10-2019 at 12:23 AM..

Old 05-10-2019, 01:37 AM

P.S. My apologies. The original video in investigative journalism post should have been this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kEZvPPkltE

The next video is part II on the same subject.
( I might get to it later...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ALyIer98A0

Old 05-10-2019, 12:33 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh, don't be so naive DKM.
You are obviously not familiar with other facts, since you never heard Girkin ( aka Strelkov) talking on a subject.

Truth of the matter is, Strelkov chose Slavyansk to begin with, because of its strategic importance from the military point of view, hoping for arrival of the Russian troops. ( Don't forget that he is a pro.)

Once it became clear that there will be no Russian troops, the strategic importance of Slavyansk simply disappeared, so he moved the fighting units (consisting of the locals and already well-trained) elsewhere, instead of allowing them all to perish defending already useless Slavyansk.

Further on ( since I used to follow the conversations of those in the know,) the DNR/LNR people were ready ( at least couple of times) to advance and to capture much bigger swaths of territories, but every time the attacks have been called off from Moscow, apparently.

Do you think that after Debaltsevo and Illovaisk cauldrons, where they handed the Ukrainian army their arses, they wouldn't have been able to advance as far as they wanted to?

Of course they could of.

Moscow just didn't want any advancements. Apparently, people over there calculated what military positions were the most beneficial for the DNR/LNR from strategic point of view for the time being, and that's where they were ordered to remain.
End of.
Of course, where they lost ground its because they decided to leave. A lot more than Slavyansk was liberated by the Ukrainian forces. How convenient to make up such excuses for the "DNR" losing ground to a mostly volunteer militia. Where the DNR regained some lost ground, it was because of thousands of Russian troops attacking from another side. That's exactly what created those "cauldrons". The fact is the government controls more cities now than at the peak of the "rebellion".

After Debaltseve the Azov battalion successfully drove the DNR forces from Shyrokyne. They were since replaced by Ukrainian Marines.

Many more DNR died in vain attempts to take Pisky, Avdiivka, Svitlodarsk, Troitske etc. but they clearly can't win against the actual Ukrainian army, and likely its because they don't have the heart to try. A series of assassinations have since consolidated Moscow control over the DNR armed forces. Several years later now its clear to many there that they weren't fighting a nazi takeover of Ukraine despite the nonstop Kremlin TV telling them that was what was happening and they needed to fight this fictional enemy.

Old 05-10-2019, 12:45 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
P.S. My apologies. The original video in investigative journalism post should have been this one.

The next video is part II on the same subject.
( I might get to it later...)

That is crude propaganda against reformers in Ukraine. Many people are angry about losing their easy money schemes in the health sector so no doubt she will have enemies, convenient for the Kremlin. No mention of the Russian hospitals closing and doctors/nurses protesting their deflated salaries.

No really, its sad and disturbing that Russian authorities feel this threatened by someone attacking corruption in public budgets. Oh no, its the CIA! Soviet system of healthcare works so well. No competition is good! Now Ukrainians can choose their doctors, the horror! Transparency in the purchase of medicines, a western plot to enslave us! This is ridiculous on many levels.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Of course, where they lost ground its because they decided to leave. A lot more than Slavyansk was liberated by the Ukrainian forces. How convenient to make up such excuses for the "DNR" losing ground to a mostly volunteer militia. Where the DNR regained some lost ground, it was because of thousands of Russian troops attacking from another side. That's exactly what created those "cauldrons". The fact is the government controls more cities now than at the peak of the "rebellion".

After Debaltseve the Azov battalion successfully drove the DNR forces from Shyrokyne. They were since replaced by Ukrainian Marines.
Meet new "Ukrainian police" (from approximately 0:50; yes-yes, it IS none other but V. Zelensky, new president of Ukraine.

-So why were you named "police," not "carabinieri" for example?
-Call us whatever you wish. We are the profi: call us carabinieri, call us gendarmerie, call us "police," but general public still refers to us as "garbage" (nick-name for police(milizia) from Soviet times.)

I assume "Ukrainian marines" is something from the same series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hc5EkAKGXA

Quote:
Many more DNR died in vain attempts to take Pisky, Avdiivka, Svitlodarsk, Troitske etc. but they clearly can't win against the actual Ukrainian army, and likely its because they don't have the heart to try. A series of assassinations have since consolidated Moscow control over the DNR armed forces. Several years later now its clear to many there that they weren't fighting a nazi takeover of Ukraine despite the nonstop Kremlin TV telling them that was what was happening and they needed to fight this fictional enemy.
As we saw throughout the last few years ( and still see it now,) the enemy was not "fictional" - it's very real. And the nationalist mob STILL rules the streets ( at least in Western part of the country,) even after their enablers and patrons were voted out of the office.)
And I will only repeat that if Moscow would have seen it fit, those territories would have been recaptured, no matter how many "attempts" it would take.

But Moscow was not interested in taking more than would serve the purpose.

And even up until now we don't know what will happen to the territories that are under DNR/LNR control.

Last edited by erasure; 05-10-2019 at 07:41 PM..

Old 05-10-2019, 10:05 PM

Quote:
That is crude propaganda against reformers in Ukraine. Many people are angry about losing their easy money schemes in the health sector so no doubt she will have enemies, convenient for the Kremlin.
Nah, you were telling that Americans were not even there, just Ukraine alone "standing against Russia."
Now it's turning out that Americans are all over the place - controlling, "conducting reforms" and so on.

And if someone conducts independent investigation, now you cry foul "it plays into Putin hands."

Unfortunately, if something "plays into Putin's hands," it doesn't prevent it from
being true.

Quote:
No mention of the Russian hospitals closing and doctors/nurses protesting their deflated salaries.
Indeed the whole "Healthcare" issue becomes the crucial one not only for the US, but for the countries where the US "conducted the reforms" - namely Russia and Ukraine.
And what intrigues me the most in this whole story, is the way the American Democrats act ( and the ideas they promote) in the US, where they like to come across as the most liberal/ benevolent powers there is, while turning around and acting in the most vicious ultra-right manner elsewhere. ( I am talking specifically about Clinton/Biden types.)
If one could say that Russia of the nineties was a "mere coincidence," in this respect, what I see now in Ukraine, where Americans took over, it's like deja vue all over again.
The same handwriting is unmistakable.

Quote:
No really, its sad and disturbing that Russian authorities feel this threatened by someone attacking corruption in public budgets. Oh no, its the CIA!
It IS the CIA. When I look at the text of the letter mentioned in the video, I am almost shocked that what he ( the journalist) is saying, is indeed true. But then, again, judging by the letter, I understand who this person ( Gluzman) is, and why he is writing this letter.
By the sound of it, he is former Soviet dissident, and like me, he is arriving to more or less the same conclusions in Ukraine, as I arrived to in Russia.

Quote:
Soviet system of healthcare works so well. No competition is good!
After everything I saw/heard about the US healthcare system, Soviet healthcare system was actually excellent in comparison, particularly when "competition" American style ultimately comes to who will charge you more for insurance. And at the end, you can't really trust the doctors who are driven by profits - be that their own profits, or profits of the big pharma.
The only time this system works, ( in fact it becomes necessary) is when you live in a segregated society, and money become that mot around one's castle, that separates the "rightful owners" from the rest.
I should be more careful of course while making this statement, because there are other factors at play, not just segregation in the US, and it's still questionable to me how much of a role these other factors play in the whole setting, but I suspect that I do understand where the Democrats are coming from, while acting so differently domestically VS elsewhere.
When it comes to Republicans, everything is pretty straightforward, but American Democrats are one tricky pony - I can tell that much.

Quote:
Now Ukrainians can choose their doctors, the horror! Transparency in the purchase of medicines, a western plot to enslave us! This is ridiculous on many levels.
Ukrainians can "choose" now whatever they like, as long as they have money. If they don't, the only choice they have left is to die.

Does this concept sound familiar?
I think it does, as for any American.

Except for Ukrainians don't live in a segregated society, and "self-sufficiency" and "solitude" was never their motto, going all the way back to Zaporozhie Sich/ Don Cossaks Host times in history.

These are foreign concepts forced upon them ( as much as on Russians,) by Americans, which I find extremely intriguing.

All while American Democrats are trying to import in their country the concepts that originally belong to the Slavic part of the world (when speaking about Europe of course.)

Last edited by erasure; 05-10-2019 at 10:13 PM..

Old 05-11-2019, 11:27 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,020,674 times
Ukraine is in talks in the US on gas supplies and the delivery of the concession "pipe"

Russia's opposition to the construction of the Nord stream-2 gas pipeline, the possibility of purchasing American liquefied natural gas (LNG) and plans to transfer the Ukrainian gas transportation system to an independent operator. These issues were discussed last week in the US Deputy foreign Minister Elena mirror and the head of the Board of Naftogaz of Ukraine Andrei KOBOLEV, writes KOBOLEV in Facebook

"During both political and business meetings, we saw a great interest in the reform of the Ukrainian gas market and the process of separating the independent operator of the GTS of Ukraine on the basis of the model with the transfer of the GTS to the concession," he wrote.

According to him, at meetings in the State Department and the Ministry of energy of the United States it was said, in particular, how to provide Ukraine with a reliable opportunity to buy LNG at a competitive price.

"It is known that the US supports the export activities of American companies, providing financing and insuring risks. In a situation where we have to prepare for potential provocations from Russia and accumulate additional gas reserves at the beginning of winter, such assistance is very useful," the head of Naftogaz explained.

He noted that at meetings with representatives of the US administration, Congress and the international financial institutions, to support Ukraine, discussed the risk that "Gazprom" is preparing to interrupt the transit of gas through Ukraine in the winter of 2020.

"Talking with the us senators, who are co-authors of several sanctions bills, we focused on the issues of countering the Nord stream-2 project," KOBOLEV said

PS I Understand that soon the United States will want to supply pipeline gas from Russia to Europe... Then they are on SP-2 so up in arms...

Old 05-11-2019, 03:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:

Ukrainian militias and the legit Ukrainian Army didn't get their arses whipped by the Russian army. They got whipped by their own stupidity. The Separatists also had the advantage of fighting on the terrain of their own choosing in terrain they knew.

The militias were a bunch of drunken, crazy brave hero wannabees that didn't have a clue what they were doing. They tried to move into the interior of separatist held territory with no knowledge of their opponents dispositions, numbers or anything else. Did they even know what the seps had available to them? No. Did these fools even have air support? Nope. What few planes the Ukraine AF had in the air were not that effective.

The seps let them come on full steam ahead then they struck. They cut off the militia groups and then held them in place. Look at a freaking map of Ilovaisk, Toretz and Lugansk areas. The rebels had the advantage of mobility. The Katushas and what little artillery they possessed had only to blast the retards in Iloviask for a few hours, pack up and move 5 miles down the road to the southwest of Lugansk and tear up the clowns trying to surround the city and Gorlivka at the same time. Somebody said in 2015 that the DNR artillery NEVER LEFT THE AREA TO THE EAST OF DONETSK ALL SUMMER. They didn't have too, the fools kept coming to them.

The seps cut their columns to pieces in ambushes just like the Finns did to the Soviets in 1939 on the northern front above Lake Ladoga. Had the seps had more of a lethal capability (real Russian support) those fools would have been wiped out to a man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe