Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2019, 12:46 PM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Their real income growth is much faster than Russia's since 2016, their debt to GDP is actually falling too. So unless you think up is down, this can't be true.
After falling 30% of GDP ? Not laugh. Fell on 30, ago 7, cheers ! We show excellent dynamics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 02:44 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
After falling 30% of GDP ? Not laugh. Fell on 30, ago 7, cheers ! We show excellent dynamics!
GDP PPP per World Bank and IMF:

2015: 7,972
2016: 8,289
2017: 8,698
2018: 9,283
2019 (est): 9,683

Tell me how that is "falling". Indeed the path to ruin and poverty. Quick, change the subject!

Old 05-03-2019, 02:48 PM
DKM

If Ze actually succeeds in reforming the country's economic activities to be based on the rule of law instead of corrupt practices, incomes would grow a LOT faster. This is actually what people wanted since Euromaidan.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
GDP PPP per World Bank and IMF:

2015: 7,972
2016: 8,289
2017: 8,698
2018: 9,283
2019 (est): 9,683

Tell me how that is "falling". Indeed the path to ruin and poverty. Quick, change the subject!

I think that this tablet here will show the state of Affairs better. Because the eyes and in dealing with people, no economic success there and close.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
If Ze actually succeeds in reforming the country's economic activities to be based on the rule of law instead of corrupt practices, incomes would grow a LOT faster. This is actually what people wanted since Euromaidan.
Yes, only the West turned the combination with the Maidan, which was bad in Ukraine and what was good in the West.Squeeze Ukraine to dryness, and then will continue, but slowly, leaving just enough to not die. They have always done so, in all ages, eating at the expense of the colonies.Read the story. If Ukraine manages to regain sovereignty,there is hope. In Zelensky, while there is weak hope, but do not know how, no experience. And I personally have very big fears that there will be no such country. Which is unfortunate.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:13 PM
DKM

Ahh using the US dollars instead of PPP. Makes zero sense to measure by US dollars in a country where the currency fell by 3 times due to the 2014 invasion. And total GDP before Russia took over 10% of the population instead of per person will make it look worse. But yes, i can see how this would be a Russian way of looking at it even though they use PPP when showing their own economy falling in half by US dollars in 2014.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:29 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turist View Post
Yes, only the West turned the combination with the Maidan, which was bad in Ukraine and what was good in the West.Squeeze Ukraine to dryness, and then will continue, but slowly, leaving just enough to not die. They have always done so, in all ages, eating at the expense of the colonies.Read the story. If Ukraine manages to regain sovereignty,there is hope. In Zelensky, while there is weak hope, but do not know how, no experience. And I personally have very big fears that there will be no such country. Which is unfortunate.
That was the purpose for sending in guys to create "uprisings" in the south and east right? To harm the country and then point out the damage to blame the West and the revolution. Besides Donetsk and Luhansk, attempts were made in Odessa and Kharkov. How is that helpful to "regaining sovereignty"? Just some brotherly love?

Attacking Ukraine's army in August of 2014, that was Russia's idea of hope? Did they really think they were attacking just Lvov nazis and not realize that every city in Ukraine would have soldiers returning home with stories of fighting Russians in the east?

Tell me how rising wages and increasing trade with Europe is bad. You really wish Ukraine is a disaster because your state TV tells you so yet things are improving each year. The divorce is real and its not going back to how things were before.

And I personally have very big hope that there will be no such country as the old one. Which is fortunate.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:59 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Wow another pro-Russian propagandist on Youtube. Yeah, life sucks in Donbas we get that but its their own fault for half of them siding with a Russian invasion. They have learned a good lesson, one would hope.

Millions of Ukrainians are working, buying homes and travelling to Europe on holidays. They aren't going anywhere and have zero desire to change their life to whatever vision these idiots in the east want it to be (slaves for Russian oligarchs).

Not "on Youtube" but in the EU parliament. So not everyone is ready to be an American lackey, and that goes both to Ukraine and EU parliament alike.
Disappointing, I understand, but such is life.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
Why do you think so?

I think the key to the answer is this recent interview with Kolomoisky ( the man behind Ze, as many imply,) who said that the war in Donbass is in fact the "internal civil conflict" and not some "war with Russia."
And in this interview he is saying that Donbass is only a part of the conflict, where the actual war ( in a physical sense of it) is going. The other parts of Ukraine ( South-East first of all) are involved in the "cold war."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrxjYCIU-Ko

P.S. I am aware of the ongoing problem between Kolomoisky and Poroshenko, so I wonder whether Kolomoisky is planning to return from Israel now that Poroshenko is out?
Just curious. ( In terms of how much he is connected to Ze if at all.)

Old 05-03-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec Solano View Post
To prevent population crisys Putin must give russian passports to every person exclude chinese and ISIS-adepted arabians.

Let him.
It leaves a lot of questions regarding what these passports would mean, what they would entitle to, (particularly in the light of the latest pension reforms in Russia.)
I read a lot of questions/comments from Russians ( other than coming from usual "Putin is the greatest" crowd) regarding the timing ( why not five years ago, why after so many people have died there, finally to notice the "humanitarian crisis in Donbass" - yeah, right..)

The whole Donbass affair is not Crimea for him, it's not his ultimate "victory and glory."

Things are different this time around, as I've said many times before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe