Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 08:10 PM

26,782 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Let me fill in the holes for you. Most of Ukraine's consumption of petrol and diesel is imported from Belarus and from the ocean terminals. If Belarus stops sending it, they just have to import more from the sea. It has nothing to do with refineries. It would cause a bit of a disruption of supply depending on local storage. I was only talking refineries as an option in a theoretical sense, as in over time they have the ability to refine oil too but there is no shortage of this in the world right now so no impetus exists for them to import and refine their own products (because that would take investment). Obviously Russia won't be sending any oil over anytime soon but this is not a new situation.

The price of A-95 is just the market price. Its nearly the same price as here, its gone up where I live too. They pay world market prices for imported petrol like most countries do. That isn't a change from 6 months or 6 years ago. Fuel prices in Ukraine aren't set by Russia unless you want to argue that Russia sets the world's fuel price by being a margin oil producer. Belarus wasn't cutting them a deal either. The real loser in all this is Belarus which needs margins to support its economy.

This is even not about you "filling in the holes" for me ( even though I don't necessarily follow through all the technical details.)

It's about you living in some alternative reality and arriving to your conclusions on the ground of what exactly?

I don't understand.

I mean you can't listen to some "friends of yours" and to arrive to certain conclusions.

This would be an equivalent of me listening to my folks back in Moscow and arriving to conclusion that Putin is the greatest president of Russia there is, and that "life in Russia is great."
Obviously you need to "sample" much wider representation across the regions/classes and so on.
I've been listening to you all this time about how "great Ukraine is doing under Poroshenko, with improvement in the level of prosperity," about some "IT industry," and how it's only "old people in Donbass dislike the new government."

All while the posts/comments of Ukrainians in the social media were indicating me quite the opposite.
So the day of election came, and where is that map that you kept on pointing me at?

Yeah, right here.

With 75% for Zelensky, with 42% of those votes given really not to Zelensky, but directly against Poroshenko.

And now you are "filling in" some holes for me?
Again?

Last edited by erasure; 04-26-2019 at 09:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
What happened in Ukraine and the ongoing program in general. Very informative and while not perfect in it's accuracy not far off the mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6LYj49SDP4

^

That's regarding the ideas laid out in this video.

The geniuses in Washington (when planning to use Ukraine for their proxy war with Russia) didn't understand the background of that country, until they saw the results. ( It's sort of like they disregarded the background of Iraq, and then were unpleasantly surprised when the country erupted in the "sectarian violence," instead of proceeding to "freedom and democracy" in organized manner.
Well either that or the Brits have forgotten to leave them a memo that there was no such country as Iraq in the past, and they ( Brits that is) concocted it themselves from some pieces. )

Now some other geniuses ( whoever these people are) apparently looked at what happened in Ukraine and decided to apply the same concepts towards Russia.

Last edited by erasure; 04-26-2019 at 08:53 PM..

Old 04-26-2019, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
This is a video about Russia, not Ukraine.

I've figured that much.

Quote:
Its actually a video of a response to a Polish/English political scientist telling whoever is listening that we are better off having a plan in place for Russia's potential collapse. And that we are better off guiding the process instead of letting it happen on its own. An interesting idea...
What are they smoking?
They need to spare me some.
To begin with - there is NO "regional difference" between Russians, the kind you see in Ukraine.

The only "regional difference" you'll see over there is the unanimous hatred towards Moscovites.

Quote:
But okay, I'll agree this does sound a bit like what Russia did to Ukraine. Or tried to do.
Not "Russia."
RUSSIA being actually aware of what a fruit-loop this concocted "Ukrainian state" is, was trying not to disturb it too much, while being satisfied with it serving Russia's market/geopolitical interests as a buffer zone.

Then came the *American cowboys* from Washington and decided to stir the pot for their own advantage.
The results didn't wait for long.

Last edited by erasure; 04-26-2019 at 08:57 PM..

Old 04-27-2019, 02:56 AM

4,692 posts, read 1,164,657 times

Old 04-27-2019, 04:11 AM

5,428 posts, read 3,494,204 times
Medvedev is better looking.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
Medvedev is better looking.
Putin's puppet

Old 04-27-2019, 05:40 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvEHMXm5X9U

Old 04-27-2019, 09:29 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
^

That's regarding the ideas laid out in this video.

The geniuses in Washington (when planning to use Ukraine for their proxy war with Russia) didn't understand the background of that country, until they saw the results. ( It's sort of like they disregarded the background of Iraq, and then were unpleasantly surprised when the country erupted in the "sectarian violence," instead of proceeding to "freedom and democracy" in organized manner.
Well either that or the Brits have forgotten to leave them a memo that there was no such country as Iraq in the past, and they ( Brits that is) concocted it themselves from some pieces. )

Now some other geniuses ( whoever these people are) apparently looked at what happened in Ukraine and decided to apply the same concepts towards Russia.
I can say for sure that for as long as I have cared about the subject of Russia there has been strident, determined and supposedly knowledable voices proclaiming the fall of Russia just a short few years down the road. I suspect this is like the Mandan Indians rain dance. The dance never failed to bring rain because they would all take turns dancing for days and even weeks until it rained.

No doubt Russia is going to cease to exist someday. Someday the sun will expand to a red giant star and turn the earth into a cinder floating in space. A comet or large asteroid could land on Moscow too. I seriously doubt nukes will ever fly and even then if some disaster were to befall Russia when the dust settled, Russians would still be there. Sadly, maybe not as many as before.

The video isn't as accurate as one can expect but it does lay out the mechanisms used by nations to undermine the institutions and structure of other countries to bring about change.

Old 04-27-2019, 09:32 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
On the passport situation in the Donbas. I don't believe those people will ever become part of Ukraine again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjcmg96LG3c&app=desktop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dotH9C4l3rE&app=desktop

Old 04-27-2019, 10:01 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times
And Merkel has been in office since 2005...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe