Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2017, 06:44 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
There are no such thing as Novorussians. The only place justice is not occurring is in occupied territory.

The people responsible for this mess are those who took over buildings in the Donbas (hint, not Ukrainians) and the people who took up arms against Ukraine's army when it arrived and started reasserting control over its own country (hint, not Ukrainians).
Yeah-yeah-yeah...
We've already heard these songs before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 06:54 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,854,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You obviously didn't follow what happened in the winter of 2014 - 2015. The militias and Ukr army were non functional, even with the mercenaries they had with them. The Russians told the Novorussians to lay off outside of Mariupol and they retreated. In the Gorlivka and Andreevka areas the militias were falling to pieces and in Luhansk the Russians said to back off too. The militias in Luhansk had nothing in front of them after they mopped up Saur Moglia and a few other places. The Ukrainians had lost 90% of their fighting force. It would have been a cake walk to Kharkov.
Random nonsense. Saur Mogila battle was in the summer. DNR's Mariupol offensive never got off the ground, because Ukraine's actual army was there. Yes, that offensive was called off by Moscow, I'll agree with that because its true. The militias fought evenly with opposing militia. They lost when attacked by Russian troops. The "would haves" is all speculation not matched by reality: it took them almost a month to capture a surrounded Debaltseve, which was held primarily by the Ukrainian militia. The DNR is still trying to get Svitlodarsk, a few miles up the road. Avdiivka was never captured despite 3 years of trying. The airport was but it cost a lot of Russian lives and Ukraine still has fire control over it so its worthless.

The militia have been out of the game in Donbas for 2.5 years. The army is in control now and no ground has been lost despite DNR attempts.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:55 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Yeah-yeah-yeah...
We've already heard these songs before.
yeah but I know people who actually lived there. How will they sell their apartment? To whom? Bandits running the streets? Its a half empty wasteland...

Old 12-21-2017, 10:15 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Random nonsense. Saur Mogila battle was in the summer. DNR's Mariupol offensive never got off the ground, because Ukraine's actual army was there. Yes, that offensive was called off by Moscow, I'll agree with that because its true. The militias fought evenly with opposing militia. They lost when attacked by Russian troops. The "would haves" is all speculation not matched by reality: it took them almost a month to capture a surrounded Debaltseve, which was held primarily by the Ukrainian militia. The DNR is still trying to get Svitlodarsk, a few miles up the road. Avdiivka was never captured despite 3 years of trying. The airport was but it cost a lot of Russian lives and Ukraine still has fire control over it so its worthless.
Here's some hard facts, try not to choke on them ffs. I know damn well when the battle of Saur Mogila took place. I know the why of it too and the history. I also know that Aidar battalion got their butts waxed for months AFTER they and the paratroopers lost it. They were getting slapped around all over the place north of there and had all kinds of infrastructure wired to blow up. They wanted scorched earth. Once again west of Donetsk Airport in Avdivka the DNR backed off for some reason. It was a rout, all the Ukrops had was a bunch of mullet heads hiding under a highway over pass from snipers and GRAD missiles. There was nothing behind them but some fat assed wanna be "generals" and roughly handled apes running away. I saw this, I was following it every step of the way.

In Mariupol they Ukrops ran for their lives. Members of Azov battalion who were supposed to be in the city were found in Dneiprpetrovsk. When the DNR was approaching they were bugging out and there was little if any opposition in the city or the surrounding area 50 km north. Knuckledraggers were stealing peoples cars to get away. For some reason they stopped again.

You want to see how bad it was for the Ukrainans? What they lost? They ran so fast they took very little with them. Ever wonder where the DNR got all those tanks? It wasn't Russia, the Ukrops left the stuff on the battlefield. Quite often in full working order.

Lost Armour |

Read it and weep. The Ukrops couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag. the only thing that saved them was the fact that the Russian army wasn't involved, the only reason the DNR/LNR stopped was they had to because of manpower issues. They didn't have enough. Ukrop knuckleheads in Izyum and Kiev had no clue what the hell was going on. They were probably trying to book plane tickets from Borispol to Heathrow instead of trying to stop the rout.

Were the Russian army involved those freaks would be in London today. I guarantee it.

Quote:
The militia have been out of the game in Donbas for 2.5 years. The army is in control now and no ground has been lost despite DNR attempts.
Oh my arse. Between Aidar and Azov and a few other groups of knuckle draggers there's not much on the front. You can't tell who the hell is Ukr Army regulars and who's the mercs anymore. The state of the ukrainian army is barely functional as far as I know.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:09 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
Quote:
Moscow has repeatedly warned Washington against precipitating a flare-up in Ukraine by arming the forces of ultra-nationalists and neo-Nazis who double up as the ‘army’ in Kiev.

But Russia apparently anticipated the US move. In fact, there were far too many tell-tale signs that couldn’t be overlooked. Reports have been appearing of Ukrainian troop movements on the Donbass front. The Russian monitors within the OSCE group were being prevented from physically accessing the frontline. At a meeting of the OSCE Permanent Council in Vienna on December 14, the Russian ambassador detailed the violations of the Minsk agreement protocol by the Ukrainian forces. On December 19, Moscow announced that it was withdrawing the Russian officers in the monitoring group, since “further work of the Russian Armed Forces’ mission at the Centre has become impossible.” (MFA)

A concerted attempt seems to have begun to ‘activate’ the front in Eastern Ukraine. Smarting under the humiliating defeat in the project to overthrow the Assad regime in Syria, Washington is blackmailing Moscow.
The US National Security Advisor HR McMaster recently hinted at a new doctrine of ‘competitive engagement’ of Russia. Possibly, the generals in the Trump administration see the situation in Ukraine through the Cold War prism with a zero sum mindset. That will be a catastrophic mistake. Putin recently warned of massacres worse than Srebrenica if violence flares up again in Ukraine. But then, if there is another refugee problem, it will be after all Germany’s headache – not Trump’s.
neutral blog

NATO has been following some of the steps they took in Syria by sending in neo-Nazis from Europe and Islamic revolutionaries from former Russian republics to fight in Ukraine.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:17 PM

If you want to go into who had what then and now there's no match. The Ukrainian army was looted to the point it was only 2 divisions. 2 DIVISIONS!!! The 20th Guards army in Voronezh alone has 2 Motorized Rifle Divisions, 2 Artillery brigades and several regiments of support, engineering and anti air in active status, they're ready to go. In the Rostov area they have the 8th guards army. I'm just listing 2 ARMIES in active service close to the Don region. Look further afield to Samara, Agalatovo, Novocherkassk and you'll find there's a hell of a lot within 48 hours of the Don region and that's just what army assets we know about. It doesn't include airforce, airmobile, marines or anything else.

The Ukrainian army has NOTHING but mercs and weekend warrior wannabees. It barely functions. The militia brigades are it, nothing else but western welfare checks for the army to keep the shell propped up. DNR/LNR has the same but they're backed well by Russia. Better organized, better supplied and they have a reason to fight and COMPETENT LEADERSHIP.

Last edited by Scrat335; 12-21-2017 at 12:27 PM..

Old 12-21-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
neutral blog

NATO has been following some of the steps they took in Syria by sending in neo-Nazis from Europe and Islamic revolutionaries from former Russian republics to fight in Ukraine.
What has been happening this last week is unclear. Its probably politics. I don't think the Kiev government has control of the fighting in the east at all. I don't think they take their orders from anywhere else but DC and NATO HQ. They have litte capability militarily.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:59 PM
DKM

I don't have as much interest in debunking obvious Russian propaganda on here as you do in promoting it, but I stand by what I said, this is all unsubstantiated nonsense that nobody with open sources of information would ever believe in. To say that Ukraine's army isn't even fighting in east Ukraine does align with Russia's interests to hide the fact that its army is killing and being killed by Ukraine's army. It still sounds incredible to this day. The fact that militia on both sides are doing the same thing or that technically Russia's army fights without being in official uniform does not change anything. Much like their comrades dying in Syria, they fight for Russia whether they wear the tricolors or not.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:47 PM
DKM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
neutral blog

American allies in Syria are still holding their lines after kicking ISIS out. Its really hard for Russia to keep pretending all who oppose their side are ISIS when our side has retaken the ISIS capital with non Assad aligned forces. The existence of the SDF make this lie hard to sustain.

Its hard to partner with Russia when they lie to cover themselves from looking bad. The fact that many people from former Russian republics went to Ukraine to fight Russians must be made to look less bad than it is, so why not just blame NATO for putting them there.

No doubt fear is spreading in the Russian militia this week as the Barret 50 cal are rumored to be arriving. I expect the Russian propaganda response to be that its secret NATO soldiers doing it as Ukrainians would never blow the heads off of Russians squatting on their land.

Old 12-21-2017, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Its hard to partner with Russia when they lie to cover themselves from looking bad. The fact that many people from former Russian republics went to Ukraine to fight Russians must be made to look less bad than it is, so why not just blame NATO for putting them there.
A lot were mercs, they fight for a paycheck. That's why the Ukies have undependable people in their so called "army". They're fighting for money. History tells us why that's not a good thing.

Quote:
No doubt fear is spreading in the Russian militia this week as the Barret 50 cal are rumored to be arriving. I expect the Russian propaganda response to be that its secret NATO soldiers doing it as Ukrainians would never blow the heads off of Russians squatting on their land.
Yes. I think the mercs will be using them as your average Ukie thug couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from inside, that's been proven already. I wonder how much of my tax dollars went to buy something the Ukies should have in stock already. If Ukraine has such a great army why in the hell do they have to import the damn things? Unless the corrupt politicians and generals sold them all on the black market years ago. lol And yes, if this heats up there's going to be a lot of boys from the Urals taking the opportunity to sharpen their human hunting skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe