Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 04:35 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
What has been happening this last week is unclear. Its probably politics. I don't think the Kiev government has control of the fighting in the east at all. I don't think they take their orders from anywhere else but DC and NATO HQ. They have litte capability militarily.
I wonder too, what's going on there and why Ukrainian troops ( or whoever they are) are increasing their aggression lately.
I see the reports of intensive shelling of Zhabichevo ( from Peski) an hour ago on FB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT2uaHcp7Pg

And this guy ( describing situation in Dokuchaevsk 12.12.17) is saying that basically Ukrainians are disregarding Minsk agreements and keep on shelling them from heavy artillery. Not only that, but they are constantly encroaching on what used to be "grey areas" - i.e. areas where no troops (Ukrainian or DNR) were supposed to be.
This guy ( nome de Guerre "Max") is saying that now they are taken over by Ukrainian troops, which makes DNR positions reachable even with the regular machine guns by now.
Overall he is saying the VSU are increasing their presence lately; they brought a lot of new equipment within the last weeks, and since their encroachment continues, this guy thinks that they are preparing the attack.
DNR troops are not allowed to attack at this point (although "Max" is saying that they respond to shelling, because it's unavoidable.)
So my question is - what gives?
Are those really the orders from Kiev ( where Poroshenko has been contested lately,) or Ukrainian troops are not controlled by Kiev any longer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 05:09 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Wait, this Max contradicts comrade Scratt's assertion that they are fighting militia and foreign mercs. Is its VSU or not?

Old 12-21-2017, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Wait, this Max contradicts comrade Scratt's assertion that they are fighting militia and foreign mercs. Is its VSU or not?
He is saying "VSU and the Right Sector" (whatever this "Right Sector" includes.)

Old 12-21-2017, 05:56 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I wonder too, what's going on there and why Ukrainian troops ( or whoever they are) are increasing their aggression lately.
I see the reports of intensive shelling of Zhabichevo ( from Peski) an hour ago on FB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT2uaHcp7Pg

And this guy ( describing situation in Dokuchaevsk 12.12.17) is saying that basically Ukrainians are disregarding Minsk agreements and keep on shelling them from heavy artillery. Not only that, but they are constantly encroaching on what used to be "grey areas" - i.e. areas where no troops (Ukrainian or DNR) were supposed to be.
This guy ( nome de Guerre "Max") is saying that now they are taken over by Ukrainian troops, which makes DNR positions reachable even with the regular machine guns by now.
Overall he is saying the VSU are increasing their presence lately; they brought a lot of new equipment within the last weeks, and since their encroachment continues, this guy thinks that they are preparing the attack.
DNR troops are not allowed to attack at this point (although "Max" is saying that they respond to shelling, because it's unavoidable.)
So my question is - what gives?
Are those really the orders from Kiev ( where Poroshenko has been contested lately,) or Ukrainian troops are not controlled by Kiev any longer?
They could be preparing to attack and these small advances are to improve their tactical situation before they do. Take a small hill here to improve their vision or a creek bed there across the field before the DNR gets it. The Soviets used what they called Recon in force to see what they were up against and gain information.

On one hand I wouldn't be worried. The Novorussians are waiting and ready. If the nutters are coming there's not a square inch of ground they will step on that isn't in somebodies crosshairs. The Novorussians have good situational awareness at all times. The Ukies are going to pay a price at some point if they go to far.

What worries me is the people behind the scenes. They may want some drama for some reason and they aren't going to care how many people die. If the Ukies feel froggy and leap then the Novorussians are probably going to let them come and impale themselves. The rebels are going to fight a mobile battle and it won't be static just like they did before in 2014.

Old 12-22-2017, 12:10 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,855,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
He is saying "VSU and the Right Sector" (whatever this "Right Sector" includes.)
I know he did. Right sector is what these people call any Ukrainian irregular forces (which I call militia on both sides). He accurately described his opponents as consisting of both the VSU and militia. Right sector is like calling them fascists, its not accurate but it gets their point across.

Old 12-22-2017, 02:18 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,231,086 times

https://youtu.be/4tET5zBIkp8

Old 12-22-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I know he did. Right sector is what these people call any Ukrainian irregular forces (which I call militia on both sides). He accurately described his opponents as consisting of both the VSU and militia. Right sector is like calling them fascists, its not accurate but it gets their point across.
Uhmm, let's see here..))))

https://www.defendevropa.org/2017/th...un-resolution/

Old 12-23-2017, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
They could be preparing to attack and these small advances are to improve their tactical situation before they do. Take a small hill here to improve their vision or a creek bed there across the field before the DNR gets it. The Soviets used what they called Recon in force to see what they were up against and gain information.

On one hand I wouldn't be worried. The Novorussians are waiting and ready. If the nutters are coming there's not a square inch of ground they will step on that isn't in somebodies crosshairs. The Novorussians have good situational awareness at all times. The Ukies are going to pay a price at some point if they go to far.

What worries me is the people behind the scenes. They may want some drama for some reason and they aren't going to care how many people die. If the Ukies feel froggy and leap then the Novorussians are probably going to let them come and impale themselves. The rebels are going to fight a mobile battle and it won't be static just like they did before in 2014.
Yep, the retards are encroaching, as *Max* said.
Now Yasinovataya has been targeted ( town of 30,000 people, very center of it has been shelled.)
With the kind of destruction I see, it's surprising that only two civilians are killed and 3 wounded.
Minsk agreement, "cease-fire," yep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH-3yi5l5YI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XEupodUiH4

The middle of the winter... I can only imagine how much these people hate their "Ukrainian liberators" by now.

But American propaganda machine will never show anything like that, now would it?

Old 12-23-2017, 05:32 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Well, I am pleasantly surprised that Trump has apparently approved the sale of Javelin anti-tank missiles to Ukraine.

I am quite certain that Trump was very reluctant to agree to this, but for some reason was persuaded or pressured into doing so. Very interesting turn of events. America's support for Ukraine has, by any objective measure, only strengthened after almost one year of Trump.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:43 AM

2,216 posts, read 1,021,239 times
Suddenly

BERLIN, December 23. /TASS/. German Chancellor Angela Merkel and President of France Emmanuel macron urged to return the Russian military in the Joint center for control and coordination (JCCC) of the ceasefire in the Donbass. This is stated in the joint statement of the leaders of that Saturday was circulated by the press service of the Cabinet of Germany.

Not very comfortable news for Kiev.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe