Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 12:05 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
Debunking British intelligence propagandist Bellingcat (Elliot Higgins).

Dolphin hunting in Lugansk
I really like the last part. How much more Soviet can you get?

Quote:
Unfortunately, some in Ukraine are now doing their best to suppress this truth. A bill is now being considered by the Ukrainian parliament which would make it a criminal offence to deny ‘Russian aggression’. Rada Deputy Anton Gerashchenko, who is pushing the bill, has made it clear that he sees it as a way of silencing those who would call the war in Donbass ‘a civil war’. We must hope that the bill never becomes law. If it does, it will become impossible for Ukrainians to address the truth of what has happened to their country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 09:56 AM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Jeez...
I thought it was all *Russian propaganda* when I've read it first, but I see now everything here is in Ukrainian language.
Whatever TV channel that is, but to the poll "Which criminal government do you prefer - the previous one (Yanukovitch) or today's ( Poroshenko) - 92% responded they prefer Yanukovich.

46, 868 participants.
Go figure.

92%

Old 12-10-2017, 03:23 PM

Yanukovych wasn't intent on selling the souls of Ukrainians to the devil himself. Not that he was much better but you have to take what you can guess.

I remember in 2006 some Iraqi civilians only wanted one thing. Saddam.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 977 times
Neither Poroshenko nor Sakisvilli have any popularity at this point with the Ukrainian people. Polls show their popularity as both now being below 3%!

Old 12-11-2017, 01:03 PM

Nothing official but it's being said Shakeasswilly has been freed by order of the judges. I guess they're on Putins payroll too.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:10 PM

Russian Railways to bypass Ukraine. Southbound cargo and passenger service no longer goes through Lugansk Oblast.

TASS: Business & Economy - Russian trains switch to alternative route bypassing Ukraine

Old 12-11-2017, 01:55 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,857,559 times
In spite of you guys nonstop propaganda, Russia still isn't winning in Ukraine. btw, trains to Rostov stopped going through Ukraine years ago, so this is "fake news" at best.

Old 12-11-2017, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
In spite of you guys nonstop propaganda, Russia still isn't winning in Ukraine. btw, trains to Rostov stopped going through Ukraine years ago, so this is "fake news" at best.
There's good reason for it. This link has better info.

https://www.rt.com/business/399308-r...ssing-ukraine/

Kharkov going into debt. I remember that Metro. I checked 13 locos there in 1997. Talented people and then they didn't need to borrow to pay their bills. Sure has changed.

https://economics.unian.info/2292449...expansion.html

I wonder how much the fare is going to go up for the people. Those are LOANS!!!

Prostituting your own country to bankers. Damn that's pathetic.

Old 12-11-2017, 04:33 PM

26,786 posts, read 22,545,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
And WHO is winning in Ukraine DKM? The US? The EU?
Do they?
Here is a thing DKM; winning Ukraine for the West is relatively easy ( after it has been peeled away from Russia in the nineties.) What it requires, is hard cold cash, and A LOT of it.
The kind of cash that will take Ukrainians out of their misery, will turn their lives around and will finally make them feel that their standards of living are comparable to those in Europe. THEN, and only then, the West ( the "collective West") can have them. The "survival of the fittest" version - i.e. you'll cut your general subsidies to population - your pensions, your salaries, your medical care, your education; you'll agree to work as cheap labor in "developed countries," and MAY BE ( just may be) you'll be allowed to be "part of Europe."
This particular version has been offered to Ukrainians lately - how is it working out for them?
Not so much, judging by the latest protests?
It looked for some time that this ( much milder version) worked for the neighboring Poland, but judging by the latest events it doesn't work all that great either, then?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...al-rogue-state

These are the questions I have, since the win of pro-American V. Yushenko, with all those "orange revolutions"
Question - why didn't Americans purchase that country back then?
No killings, no "Maidan" and coup d'etat were needed. Just money, and a lot of it.
But there were no takers.
And so it obvious for Russians ( both in "Russia proper" and in Donbass,) that all these Maidan schemes, are not there to benefit Ukrainians, really ( no matter all these "freedom and democracy" slogans.)
Americans ( and EU) are there, simply to use Ukraine to their own advantage in their fight against Russia.
And since Russians already learned their lesson back in the nineties, they are basically correct when they are saying that the US will fight Russia till the last Ukrainian.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:28 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,857,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
There's good reason for it. This link has better info.

https://www.rt.com/business/399308-r...ssing-ukraine/

Kharkov going into debt. I remember that Metro. I checked 13 locos there in 1997. Talented people and then they didn't need to borrow to pay their bills. Sure has changed.

https://economics.unian.info/2292449...expansion.html

I wonder how much the fare is going to go up for the people. Those are LOANS!!!

Prostituting your own country to bankers. Damn that's pathetic.
Kharkiv and Odessa, those are sore spots for Russians for sure. I understand completely why your side is angry that they didn't choose Russia over the West (unlike Donetsk). As if its any shock that Kernes saw what was going to happen to Kharkiv if it turned into Donetsk, a catastrophe that it will never recover from. Donetsk used to be the 2nd most important city in Ukraine's economy and the power it had 5 years ago was unmatched. And now its a backwater shell of its former self.... I digress.

Kharkiv factories now humming with activity with mostly defense and rearmament programs happening, partially funded by NATO. You would be even more upset if you visit and see the mood of the university students in the city who are learning all about Europe and taking trips there on their breaks. They go to Warsaw and ask themselves if their own city can get to that level and how. And now this, European investment expanding their metro, new trains (badly needed) and modernizing the whole bit. Sorry, but Putin had his chance to improve Kharkiv before and win the hearts and minds there in a positive way. As for the loans, you are ignoring how ERBD works and why they pay for themselves from the modernization they employ and the savings from non corrupt bidding processes. Both funds are basically subsizded by the EU taxpayer so its hardly accurate to say that Ukrainians are getting a bad deal here.

Are you angry about the Chinese investment in Kyiv's metro? How about Germany looking to build a badly needed bridge in Kyiv? All those wealthy people from Donetsk are making Kyiv crowded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe