Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2014, 09:39 AM

251 posts, read 396,425 times

Advertisements

Ukraine Says Russia Has Agreed to Supply Gas - ABC News

Russia agreed to supply gas, but Ukraine still has to pay their debt by the end of the year. Ukraine doesn't know even where to get the money. EU definitely won't give them too much.

Ukraine is so screwed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 11:56 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
I heard the Russians agreed to nothing. Maybe this is just a means of blackmail? I think something will be done in the end, it is counter productive for Russia to cut them off. If the Russians did then the Ukies would just take what they needed from what is destined for Europe. The coal situation is bad. I guess the deal with S Africa fell through and it was said Ukr asked Poland to supply coal for free.

Sad thing is the people of Ukraine didn't want this, they'll go cold while the people who caused this will be nice and warm.

Europes caught in the middle here, when are they going to stand up and grow some balls? They know who started this crap both in 2004 and this year.

Old 10-19-2014, 12:54 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Meanwhile yesterday in Milan...

Склерозник - Про Милан - то, что нам не показали по телевизору

(Originally it was a mass protest against illegal immigration, yet the subject of economic sanctions against Russia that has hit hard Italian economy has been brought to light as well, and support for new Donetsk Republic has been expressed as well.)

Old 10-19-2014, 03:21 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,021,534 times
i hope ukraine get away from the russian graps but also stay away from the american-british empire. if they do that - it will be great achievement.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:02 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I heard the Russians agreed to nothing. Maybe this is just a means of blackmail?
You got it wrong. The Russians want to do nothing for free. First, Ukraine must discharge of their debt (some part of it) and make a payment for the new gas offtake. Russia even agreed for a discount of $100.00 off per cubic metre. But it looks like Ukraine wants it for free and has no intention to repay their old debt. So, no any blackmail here. Maybe Poland going to supply Ukraine with their coal for free, but Russia won't do the same. Especially, when Ukraine acts very non-amicable itself.
For some reason, Ukraine believes that everyone MUST help 'em. Everyone owes them.
Speaking of blackmail... Ukrainian PM said it's not ruled out that Ukraine will be pumping some gas from the European transit pipeline for the ukrainians needs. So, Europe won't to get the whole amount of their gas because of this thievish actions. Ukraine blackmails Europe to get EU to give them another loan for buying gas from Russia.

Last edited by musiqum; 10-19-2014 at 04:18 PM..

Old 10-19-2014, 07:19 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Russia even agreed for a discount of $100.00 off per cubic metre..
Oops... My mistake. Should be read $100 off per 1000 cubic metres, not per one cubic metre.
Otherwise, it would be a crazy price.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:27 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
You got it wrong. The Russians want to do nothing for free. First, Ukraine must discharge of their debt (some part of it) and make a payment for the new gas offtake. Russia even agreed for a discount of $100.00 off per cubic metre. But it looks like Ukraine wants it for free and has no intention to repay their old debt. So, no any blackmail here. Maybe Poland going to supply Ukraine with their coal for free, but Russia won't do the same. Especially, when Ukraine acts very non-amicable itself.
For some reason, Ukraine believes that everyone MUST help 'em. Everyone owes them.
Speaking of blackmail... Ukrainian PM said it's not ruled out that Ukraine will be pumping some gas from the European transit pipeline for the ukrainians needs. So, Europe won't to get the whole amount of their gas because of this thievish actions. Ukraine blackmails Europe to get EU to give them another loan for buying gas from Russia.
Yet I guarantee all anyone will hear is "blame Russia" for Ukraine stealing gas from Europe. Forbid actually hold Ukraine responsible for any of its actions; have they ever been? Everything is always someone else's fault.

It amazes me how the so called capitalistic west, seems to turn a blind eye to the art of capitalism in Russia demanding a price for its product. It is like the West says to Russia "please be capitalist, except when we do not want you to".

All of this mess just because some Ukrainians eventually want visas to get to France to work cleaning hotels.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:05 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
All of this mess just because some Ukrainians eventually want visas to get to France to work cleaning hotels.
It's always make me laugh that everything ukrainian patriots want is to move to Europe. A very strange patriotism.

Ukraine.

Election poster: "Russia must become a cemetery"

Attached Thumbnails
The future of Ukraine-9suztxmc2vq.jpg  

Old 10-20-2014, 03:54 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
You are a troll or a fool.
I wouldn't say troll. It was a test. When someone says anything pro-Russian, nothing happens despite you are digging up fascists under every stone. When someone says anything opposite and the so-called nazi is found, you all get completely hysteric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonfly View Post
Hmm, I rly didn't think that you're a nazi Ariete, have you psychological trauma? Destroy russian nation or what you meant? Just haha, do you remember that russians had the chances to destroy your country as well, how old are you Ariete?
No, I am not a nazi. I'm a social liberal. Yes, you tried to destroy our identity, but it ended with our breakoff.

Some Russian media has warned the people not to visit Finland because we are so nazi. If that isn't fearmongering, what is? And a bit insulting as well.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:26 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,306 times
What a shame. Ukrainian army is still shelling Donetsk, civilians die every day and every hour. Today Donetsk was shelled by a tactical missile "Tochka U" ("Point U") that caused a huge damages and casualties. It's like a small A-bomb. UA has used this type of missile before but without so terrible results. And they dare to call donbass home guard terrorists. The main terrorist is sitting in Kiev.

Attached Thumbnails
The future of Ukraine-ptiqp1olq9u-604x320.jpg  

Last edited by Atai J.; 10-20-2014 at 07:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe