Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 02:33 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,837,996 times

Advertisements

^Well, as it seems, writing референдум required a lot more brain cells than they actually had. And these kind of people are cheered and applauded by the public to get them a better outlook at the future

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 02:39 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
A recap of the DPR. Took those guys serious brainstorming to get the russian flag painted right, but writing "referendum" was a task too much to ask from them. This basically sums up the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woD4...0BI-djXOlfhqWQ
But at least there you see there the overwhelming support of the local population.
And this is a brave Ukrainian nationalist in charge of Mariupol today. This, too, basically sums up the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25rspDXx-CY

Old 10-09-2014, 03:01 PM

In other related news - this is the video made in Madrid.
They were supposed to have lectures in one of the local Universities on a subject of humanitarian catastrophe in Donetsk, the photo show on the May events in Odessa and other events. During one of the lectures the Ukrainian nationalists from "Svoboda" party and "Trizub" broke into the hall, waving Ukrainian flags and demanding to stop the lecture. They were saying that they won't allow to "slander the Right Sector" and that they are the ones who'd decide whom Spaniards should listen to or not.
Needless to say the usual "Glory to heroes" and "Glory to Bandera" was in place.
About 400 Spanish people gathered to "greet the visitors" and what you see is basically the result of it.
They've confiscated the Ukrainian banner with SS runes on it as a trophy and burned it in front of Ukrainian embassy reps according to witnesses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPpGlQH7xHM

Old 10-09-2014, 03:08 PM

Here is more;
Germans sent a big convoy of humanitarian aid for Donbass

A German humanitarian aid convoy of over 100 trucks has crossed the Polish border into Ukraine heading for the restive regions of Donetsk and Lugansk in the east.

PressTV - 112-truck German aid convoy clears Ukraine customs

But it looks like Kiev doesn't let them through to Eastern Ukraine.

( I need more information on this one though..)

Old 10-09-2014, 09:59 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Thanks for the explanation of that video Erasure. I guess the people are getting a little fed up with all the fighting and killing. Understandable. That has to be hell on their moral.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:08 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
In other related news - this is the video made in Madrid.
They were supposed to have lectures in one of the local Universities on a subject of humanitarian catastrophe in Donetsk, the photo show on the May events in Odessa and other events. During one of the lectures the Ukrainian nationalists from "Svoboda" party and "Trizub" broke into the hall, waving Ukrainian flags and demanding to stop the lecture. They were saying that they won't allow to "slander the Right Sector" and that they are the ones who'd decide whom Spaniards should listen to or not.
Needless to say the usual "Glory to heroes" and "Glory to Bandera" was in place.
About 400 Spanish people gathered to "greet the visitors" and what you see is basically the result of it.
They've confiscated the Ukrainian banner with SS runes on it as a trophy and burned it in front of Ukrainian embassy reps according to witnesses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPpGlQH7xHM
These stupid nationalists just confirmed what that lecture was about.
Their only argument is a force. And they still want to join Europe. Or maybe they want to join EU to Ukraine? Looking at their actions I think it can be truth.

Old 10-09-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Here is more;
Germans sent a big convoy of humanitarian aid for Donbass

A German humanitarian aid convoy of over 100 trucks has crossed the Polish border into Ukraine heading for the restive regions of Donetsk and Lugansk in the east.

PressTV - 112-truck German aid convoy clears Ukraine customs

But it looks like Kiev doesn't let them through to Eastern Ukraine.

( I need more information on this one though..)
This convoy got in an accident in Ukraine.

Why Russian convoys never did? Furthermore, despite of crossing combat zone.

Вести.Ru: Немецкий конвой попал в аварию на Украине

Attached Thumbnails
The future of Ukraine-xw_1013933.jpg  

Old 10-09-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
This convoy got in an accident in Ukraine.

Why Russian convoys never did? Furthermore, despite of crossing combat zone.

Вести.Ru: Немецкий конвой попал в аварию на Украине
I see. The last five trucks have got into serious accident, since apparently they didn't keep the distance and couldn't react fast enough when the column had to stop abruptly. I hope the drivers are OK, because from what I see the trucks are seriously damaged.
There were 112 trucks in total, they were bringing humanitarian aid for 10 million Euro from 17 German cities...( mobile homes, beds, heaters, construction material)
The thing I wonder about though, is since they are planning to keep the load somewhere in the warehouses near Kiev, how much of it is going to reach Donetsk and Lugansk?
Even if Gerd Mueller (German Minister of Economic Cooperation and Development) who seems to be in charge of this initiative is planning to meet part of this cargo in Kharkov, again - it will be only a part of it. Why don't they send the trucks right away to Eastern Ukraine?

Old 10-09-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I see. The last five trucks have got into serious accident, since apparently they didn't keep the distance and couldn't react fast enough when the column had to stop abruptly. I hope the drivers are OK, because from what I see the trucks are seriously damaged.
There were 112 trucks in total, they were bringing humanitarian aid for 10 million Euro from 17 German cities...( mobile homes, beds, heaters, construction material)
The thing I wonder about though, is since they are planning to keep the load somewhere in the warehouses near Kiev, how much of it is going to reach Donetsk and Lugansk?
Even if Gerd Mueller (German Minister of Economic Cooperation and Development) who seems to be in charge of this initiative is planning to meet part of this cargo in Kharkov, again - it will be only a part of it. Why don't they send the trucks right away to Eastern Ukraine?
I think so too. I worry that this convoy can be plundered by ukrainian National Guard or battalions like Azov or Donbass.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Thanks for the explanation of that video Erasure. I guess the people are getting a little fed up with all the fighting and killing. Understandable. That has to be hell on their moral.
I was surprised to see all that. I mean I always knew that the "Right Sector" people were not the brightest bulbs, but to come with their banners to University in Spain?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe