Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2014, 04:30 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,655 times

Advertisements

Wadym

Well, ok. Organize a serious conference of local intellectuals, veterans and so on. Ask people via polls. Than demolish the monument and send it to a museum.

But this? A crowd of hooligans, destroying the monument? It's something different.

And I don't care about the mummy in the centre of my city. I'm not interested in seeing it (never done this), but it doesn't annoy me. We have much more interesting places to visit.

It's your country, so it's up to you (but there was no poll, conference or something like that), but if you think that you did something to be proud - I don't agree with you.

It doesn't really upset me that you demolished the monument. I don't care. It's just silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 04:31 AM

2,308 posts, read 3,458,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadym View Post
So you have nothing to answer as fact better to go to sleep, you would tomorrow again drink and watch tv with morning Putin.
Why nothing to answer? I repeat for especially stupid once again: destroy everything that was constructed during the Soviet period, and you'll remain with nothing. I've been in South Africa and Africans don't destroy even monuments to slaveholders because it is their history. Unlike you they understand it very well.

Old 10-06-2014, 06:40 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
Lenin fall.

So, tell me why the Orange Revolution victors did not do this?

Destroying history will not erase history, Ukraine cannot ever hide its role in the USSR.

Old 10-06-2014, 01:58 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,210 times
Lenin was the founder of Ukraine as a state.
But looks like Wadym doesn't know history of his own country at all.

Old 10-06-2014, 05:54 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
So Wadym, we start from year 1 'eh? Destroy the past or rewrite it because if you control the past you control the future right?

Orwellian to say the least.

History is THE best tool humanity has at its disposal. If we care enough we can use it to look back at where we've been, see the mistakes we've made and hopefully be smart enough not to repeat them. Unfortunately the distortion and falsification of our history along with ambivalence ensures that a chimpanzee has more common sense than a lot of people in this world.

Old 10-06-2014, 07:38 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
What's being said here? They talk so fast I can't get it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjKstSBqy8c#t=145

Old 10-06-2014, 10:06 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times
"In territories which are under control of the Ukrainian soldiers in large quantities execute rebels.

In territory which are under control of the Ukrainian military battalions, there are mass executions. After everything seen I can draw an unambiguous conclusion that in territories which occupy formations of the Kiev power, there are mass executions of captured rebels, that is war proceeds, and also there are extrajudicial punishments over the civilian population. Proceeding from the international legislation, it can be treated as war crime, as genocide against own people. Such occurred in Rwanda, in Yugoslavia, and guilty of it have to be found and punished. They have to appear before the international tribunal.

I want to note especially that war crimes have no limitation period. Proceeding from the previous experiment on Yugoslavia, it is possible to say that investigation will be objective not fully.

We will be realists: today in the UN the main role is played by the USA. But at very principled stand of Russia, at the corresponding diplomatic efforts, it will be possible to achieve that there will be real trials over guilty of this tragedy where and accused and defenders will have full authority."

Old 10-06-2014, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Lenin was the founder of Ukraine as a state.
But looks like Wadym doesn't know history of his own country at all.
Sure. And I'm about the same.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:20 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times
Quote:
Lenin fall.
Even nazi didn't demolish a monument of Lenin.

Attached Thumbnails
The future of Ukraine-x_aba26b55.jpg  

Old 10-06-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
Even nazi didn't demolish a monument of Lenin.
Wadym and to him similar have a lower level of culture and education unlike German Nazis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe