Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2014, 09:33 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
And these bastards know they are shelling peaceful civilians!!!
And so called "free press" of the West is silent about it.
This is more than "shelling" - it's already something else the way I see it.
And Western media did start taking note it seems finally, even if for this particular reason -

"Sites where rockets fell in the city on Oct. 2 and Oct. 5 showed clear signs that cluster munitions had been fired from the direction of army-held territory, where misfired artillery rockets still containing cluster bomblets were found by villagers in farm fields.
The two attacks wounded at least six people and killed a Swiss employee of the International Red Cross based in Donetsk."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/21/wo...rges.html?_r=0

So earlier Donbass population has been targeted with cluster bombs as it has been admitted by international observers, but I am yet to hear what has been used today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 12:22 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
That's the key with war. You will find those who benefit the most are the biggest proponents of it so long as they have willing doops (patriots) in quantity and a means to keep themselves out of harms way.
Ukrainian government is shouting about "russian agression" because of only one reason - if ukrainian people stop to think that Russia is invading Ukraine then they will think about their corrupt authorities and why everything is going wrong in Ukraine.

Old 10-21-2014, 08:52 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Jesus Christ.
For the whole world to see.
This is Donetsk today.
People say it's OTR-21 Tochka (SS-21 Scarab), single-stage solid-fuel ballistic missile.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS-21_Scarab

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...x-Tochka-U.jpg

+

Old 10-21-2014, 09:13 AM

238 posts, read 198,300 times
Few words about events yesterday, at first-hand
At the moment of explosion I was sleeping before the night shift. I was awakened by a very loud explosion, just like those that have been when we were fired earlier. Bed jumped, walls shook, windows rattled. In general, it was a feeling that the whole house staggered. I jumped up and began to dress, mother and brother too. Mom said that at the time of the explosion she was near the front door, it is metal, but it almost blew off its hinges. I was sure that my district was bombed again, but then when I found out where it happened- for me this discovery came as a shock, because the explosion was in another part of city. Even in Makeevka, a nearby town, felt the blast wave, and in fact Makeevka further away from the blast site. And then was "пипец" shellings until the night almost without an interruption, sometimes very close, sometimes far away. Strangely enough, a couple of months ago, I would hide in basement at this cannonade and now used to all this only shudder to think what's left of shelled parts of the city.
Aside from shooting our life becomes better. Taxes cut 3 times, public sector wages have done in 2 times more than the Ukrainian authorities. Companies opened, the town gradually comes alive. There are foods and medicines and whatever they say we have heating in our homes too. In general, if not shooting, everything would have been like before, I guess. I barely remember a peaceful life. It looks like the end of the armistice, even though it was formal, I do not remember when the last time we had no fire. Probably only a day after the conclusion of the armistice, but it did not last the day, shooting began again the same evening.
Today everything more calm, but I can hear explosions, probably it is Petrovskiy district again. Interesting, why some people think that after this we would want united Ukraine?

Old 10-21-2014, 09:45 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
Interesting, why some people think that after this we would want united Ukraine?
Will this girl and her father love Ukraine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZGTEMjGDP8#t=21

Old 10-21-2014, 07:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Quote:
Ukrainian government is shouting about "russian agression" because of only one reason - if ukrainian people stop to think that Russia is invading Ukraine then they will think about their corrupt authorities and why everything is going wrong in Ukraine.
Exactly. I don't think your average Ukrainian citizen is unaware of what is going on in some sense or degree but conditions there prohibit any action. The people have to work to hard simply to survive, who has time to protest something when the kids will go hungry if you do? There's the fear factor too. People have been disappearing, anyone who stands up could very well join the ranks of those in oblivion.

The junta is using the ATO as a diversion and as a sop to keep the 1%ers under control. If they're fighting in the east they're not fighting Kiev 1 in front of the government buildings in Kiev.

This has been done so many times throughout history. It's a common technique coupled with terrorizing and depriving the population and it is very effective. American people are easily controlled by such practices in various forms.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,437,689 times
Glad to see you back Selena!!!! HANG IN THERE BABY!!

Old 10-21-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
People say it's OTR-21 Tochka (SS-21 Scarab), single-stage solid-fuel ballistic missile.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS-21_Scarab

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...x-Tochka-U.jpg

+
Whatever it is, I can clearly see it here;

ОдноклассникР¸

And of course this was quite predictable reaction of "great Ukrainian democrats";

"A Ukrainian military spokesman denied the explosion was caused by a missile fired by government troops, saying Kiev's forces had nothing to do with the incident."
Read more: Blast Rocks Donetsk In East Ukraine, No Deaths Reported - Business Insider

"Therebelsdidit" - as usual, only this time around they've blown up the chemical factory somehow.
The Western media of course yesterday proceeded with the lies of Ukrainian media, talking about the "blast at the chemical factory" in Donetsk.
Only British "Independent" said "tactical missile." Well kudos to them; at least someone is looking into this matter.

Ukraine crisis: Donetsk 'tactical missile' explosion at factory sends blast wave across rebel-held city - Europe - World - The Independent

Old 10-21-2014, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
Will this girl and her father love Ukraine?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZGTEMjGDP8#t=21
BBC News - Near miss for young girl at Donetsk stadium as blast hits

Yes, the stadium has been badly damaged, and people were reporting in Gorlovka that even they were shaken by the explosion, and Gorlovka is how far from Donetsk.

Yeah, "blast at chemical factory," sure.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
Few words about events yesterday, at first-hand
At the moment of explosion I was sleeping before the night shift. I was awakened by a very loud explosion, just like those that have been when we were fired earlier. Bed jumped, walls shook, windows rattled. In general, it was a feeling that the whole house staggered. I jumped up and began to dress, mother and brother too. Mom said that at the time of the explosion she was near the front door, it is metal, but it almost blew off its hinges. I was sure that my district was bombed again, but then when I found out where it happened- for me this discovery came as a shock, because the explosion was in another part of city. Even in Makeevka, a nearby town, felt the blast wave, and in fact Makeevka further away from the blast site. And then was "пипец" shellings until the night almost without an interruption, sometimes very close, sometimes far away. Strangely enough, a couple of months ago, I would hide in basement at this cannonade and now used to all this only shudder to think what's left of shelled parts of the city.
Aside from shooting our life becomes better. Taxes cut 3 times, public sector wages have done in 2 times more than the Ukrainian authorities. Companies opened, the town gradually comes alive. There are foods and medicines and whatever they say we have heating in our homes too. In general, if not shooting, everything would have been like before, I guess. I barely remember a peaceful life. It looks like the end of the armistice, even though it was formal, I do not remember when the last time we had no fire. Probably only a day after the conclusion of the armistice, but it did not last the day, shooting began again the same evening.
Today everything more calm, but I can hear explosions, probably it is Petrovskiy district again. Interesting, why some people think that after this we would want united Ukraine?
Hang in there Selena, hopefully Donbass will get its independence soon from the bunch of Kiev's bozos.
And the last I've heard is that Putin can't push your people too, as much as he'd love to. Your field commanders are grumbling.

http://www.gazeta.ru/politics/2014/1..._6265837.shtml
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe