Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 11:52 AM

1,863 posts, read 5,149,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
erasure
Let's see, who will be right. I love my country, but I don't agree with our government at that moment. It's a way to a very bad direction. We don't improve things now, we only make them worse. And we don't help these Russian speaking people. We brainwashed them and used them in a dirty gamble.

You have another opinion, it's ok. I don't want to quarrel. I'm saying that I think.

Muscovite, I completely agree with you.

Don't worry about Erasure. She knows, you're right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 08:45 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
These rebels can't build anything.
Quote:
Of course not. The dirty water in the eastern rivers keeps on flowing. Building on the activity of the 'rebels' surely builds on mud. But truly this is the bedrock of the architecture of Vlad and his crony administration in his push to destroy Ukraine, the lives of families, individuals be damned.

This 'foreign' policy of Rossiya we have seen in the past few months is indicative of its fire-stoking strategy which by the way is defunct and derelict in solving the 'problem' in Ukraine. When looking at the Rossiyan stewardship of the Ukrainian problem, it's my estimation we are seeing the results when dogs and cats and pigs and goats run things.
The elections in Donbass say that people of Novorossia wouldn't agree with you.

Old 11-05-2014, 08:18 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
atai...

You know I've tried to settle myself down these past few weeks as I look at the conflict between Rossiya and Ukraine. I think at this juncture I've come to the conclusion that Rossiya will not relieve the situation at all there. Of course the Rossiyan government likes the 'result' in Donbass and it does lend validation to Putin's effort to 'win' this ideological battle.
So he will continue on and on with his destabilization policy. It does seem to be working inestimably well. Next up if he 'gets' Donbass what's up next? Will he be satisfied? I'd say no. To build on Donbass builds on really rotting floorboards in this sad conflict. Really I cannot see absolutely anything positive going on there. Ukraine is arguably on its way to continued and brutal war for quite a while. Thinking heads have gone awry in there route to solving the grave problems there. . All there is in there is billowing sawdust coming off the blown up Ukrainian trees and forests.

Old 11-05-2014, 10:27 AM

238 posts, read 198,300 times
Thoughts in hearing ....
In our, still quite young country DPR were held elections. Takes pride for its' people, and not only for retirees but also for young people. Huge queues outside each polling station, laughter, music, someone of young people took a tablet and cheers. All turn laughs from Ukrainian news. Moms run for kids, dads stand in queues. It reminds me The Soviet Union and our demonstration on May 1 On 7 November. Music, laughter, fairs ... And despite at the hideous weather, everyone came. We choose our own future, the most important thing. Bitter and sad for Ukraine, which by Unfortunately not hear those citizens who have lived in this country for 23 years, who stubbornly wants to heal us from "Russian propaganda" by sending more and more new troops, for our beliefs. How much survived these people here, and not afraid to get up and go to the polls. Wish occupied cities where people moan from the "Liberation Army Ukraine were free as soon as possible. "Residents of Mariupol, Slavyansk constantly informed about the atrocities, that are happening in their territories. How many ruined souls, how many mutilated lives, how many deaths of civilians?
Having lived in this country 23 years old, I never suspected that so many freaks in Ukraine, who put themselves above God, and decided that it is their right to decide whether we will live or not.
Sometimes it seems that in Ukraine mass psychosis, and all at once caught the virus - schizophrenia.
Reading the comments on the social networks residents of Western Ukraine, come to only one conclusion, as we so much have lived with them in the same country. When you see Ukrainian media lies, not even treats professionally, it seems that these news are cut down of the ax, in the full sense of these words, becomes ridiculous, and I want to say the whole Ukraine - "where are your brains?" Still I'd like to talk with the prisoners APU and ask one question - "What are you fighting for? "One could perhaps understand that destroy us, all the soldiers will begin to live as the oligarchs, but seeing as Ukraine refers to its' troops, you realize that Ukraine loves them just like us. Also
I want to ask a question prancing young Ukrainians- "What after your jumps? On the hail… and what next? "
Asking one simple question in the network - "Why, if there is a war between Russia and Ukraine, the country has not entered martial law? None of "conscious " are not able able to answer it. I realize that there is no response, because there are no Russian troops, and then other NATO countries will not give weapons, "conscious" immediately becoming silent.
And how many broken lives there, on the Western Ukraine? Many dead soldiers, unclear for what? Poroshenko introduced one more bonded law, those families where killed soldiers who defended the interests of the junta, children will be taken away, even in the presence of living mother and other relatives! In favor of the US hosts. However, this is contrary to the norms
Family Code of Ukraine and the Law "On Protection of Children. "This is the height of cynicism, callousness and lack of professionalism. President Ukraine Invites the Government to violate laws relating to the protection of children's rights. Now, after all our suffering, tears children, we know and believe that our militia liberated the territory of the former Donetsk and Lugansk regions, and if the state Ukraine will not do it voluntarily, we will fight. Even with fights and loses, but our Donetsk People's Republic grows and lives!
Good bye, Ukraine !!!

Old 11-05-2014, 11:43 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,121,780 times
Quote:
atai...

You know I've tried to settle myself down these past few weeks as I look at the conflict between Rossiya and Ukraine. I think at this juncture I've come to the conclusion that Rossiya will not relieve the situation at all there. Of course the Rossiyan government likes the 'result' in Donbass and it does lend validation to Putin's effort to 'win' this ideological battle.
So he will continue on and on with his destabilization policy. It does seem to be working inestimably well. Next up if he 'gets' Donbass what's up next? Will he be satisfied? I'd say no. To build on Donbass builds on really rotting floorboards in this sad conflict. Really I cannot see absolutely anything positive going on there. Ukraine is arguably on its way to continued and brutal war for quite a while. Thinking heads have gone awry in there route to solving the grave problems there. . All there is in there is billowing sawdust coming off the blown up Ukrainian trees and forests.
Ukraine started this war, not Russia. Ukraine started to shell cities and villages while Russia has sent six humanitarian convoys. So whom would like people in Donbass - Russia or Ukraine? When Scotland wanted to separate from GB people from England wrote them: "Please, don't go away, we love you". Everything what people in Ukraine write to Donbass is full of hate and spite. They hate everyone in Donbass - males, females, children. So why Donbass should love Ukraine?
And about role of Putin. He doesn't want invade Ukraine, his purpose is neutral status of Ukraine because NATO bases in Ukraine would be obvious threat for Russia.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:52 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscovite View Post
erasure
Let's see, who will be right. I love my country, but I don't agree with our government at that moment. It's a way to a very bad direction. We don't improve things now, we only make them worse. And we don't help these Russian speaking people. We brainwashed them and used them in a dirty gamble.

You have another opinion, it's ok. I don't want to quarrel. I'm saying that I think.
And that's OK, it's normal to have different opinions, we simply have to dig a bit deeper to understand the basis for these differences, and you know that public opinion in Russia is split big time on this particular issue.
Some support Putin ( no matter what he does - they simply have a faith in him.) Some criticize him for not bringing the troops to Donbass in timely manner. Some are staunchly against his covert involvement, being all for "European Ukraine," because they see in it as their won wet dreams not being fulfilled - a dream of "European Russia." The so-called "liberals" you know - Khodorkovsky, former "Demvybor" - the remnants of the "nineties" train of thought. Oh, and "Yabloko" people whom I feel probably closest to. Only this time around I disagreed with them.
The fact is, people living in Donbass are not just "Russian speaking" people - they are Russians, plain and simple, no matter how IMF, Wahington, Brussels et al would love to draw the borders. And Odessa is an old Russian city, as much as Sevastopol - those are all historic facts. And if Russian civilians are bombed and forced into artificial "Ukrainianization," because of someone's nationalist agenda, supported by the "big money" of this world it doesn't mean that it should be tolerated by Russian government. Tolerated in the name of what? Again, in the name of "big money" of this world, that Putin's government is so dependent on, that's why it's forced to act covertly, leaning on genuine support of Russians to their own in Donbass. ( You can't deny that Russians - regular Russian citizens DO express their support for people of Donbass, irrespectively from the government and they, out of their own will collect the donations, do the fundraisers, open doors of their homes to the refugees and go there to fight?)
So. I out of all people think that it's a shame that under the circumstances the Russian government couldn't bring the troops to Donbass the first moment they saw the jumping hordes of Bandera idiots, to protect the civilian population of Donbass from bombing and murders. Putin is too much of a slime for this kind of actions, and that's the reason that there is so much of death and destruction in Donbass as the result of it.
As much as Donbass folks feel different to me, to my own upbringing in Moscow and all, in spite of their "rule of people," Mozgovoy, their left ideas and so on, I see that they've left Ukrainian language in place, accepting it as official language alongside with Russian; I see them as tolerant and accepting people, that live in the land that welcomes ethnic Russians and non-Russians alike and they are the ones who try to spare the lives of young Ukrainian conscripts, sending them home to parents. With other words, to me these people represent what's best in Russians and always has been.
On another hand, we already know that Russian "liberals" support "democratic Ukrainian government" and its actions against the population of Donbass. But guess who else threw their support behind Ukrainian nationalists and against Donbass people, chanting the slogans "Glory to Ukraine" and "DNR burn in flames"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkPB...882F7&index=20

That's right, Russian nationalists. And not just Russian nationalists, ( they are clearly split on this issue as well,) but the most violent and radical part of them. I see the writing on the wall here.

Last edited by erasure; 11-05-2014 at 12:01 PM..

Old 11-05-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
And how many broken lives there, on the Western Ukraine? Many dead soldiers, unclear for what? Poroshenko introduced one more bonded law, those families where killed soldiers who defended the interests of the junta, children will be taken away, even in the presence of living mother and other relatives! In favor of the US hosts. However, this is contrary to the norms
Family Code of Ukraine and the Law "On Protection of Children. "This is the height of cynicism, callousness and lack of professionalism. President Ukraine Invites the Government to violate laws relating to the protection of children's rights. Now, after all our suffering, tears children, we know and believe that our militia liberated the territory of the former Donetsk and Lugansk regions, and if the state Ukraine will not do it voluntarily, we will fight. Even with fights and loses, but our Donetsk People's Republic grows and lives!
Good bye, Ukraine !!!
Selena, can you repeat that please - I am not sure that I completely understand it.
Poroshenko introduced (proposed a new law?) that children of the killed Ukrainian soldiers are going to be taken away and placed for adoption in American families, (hosts) even if their mothers and other relatives are still alive? But why? Because the families are not able to afford to raise these children or what?
I am aware that Ukrainian officials sometimes deny Ukrainian soldiers any kind of documentation that they were participating in "ATO" in the Eastern Ukraine, ( this way they are not eligible for any compensation in case of injury,) but what's going on here, with children now?
And what are the sources of this information?

Old 11-05-2014, 12:32 PM

238 posts, read 198,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Selena, can you repeat that please - I am not sure that I completely understand it.
Poroshenko introduced (proposed a new law?) that children of the killed Ukrainian soldiers are going to be taken away and placed for adoption in American families, (hosts) even if their mothers and other relatives are still alive? But why? Because the families are not able to afford to raise these children or what?
I am aware that Ukrainian officials sometimes deny Ukrainian soldiers any kind of documentation that they were participating in "ATO" in the Eastern Ukraine, ( this way they are not eligible for any compensation in case of injury,) but what's going on here, with children now?
And what are the sources of this information?
Yes, you got me right. It is decree "On urgent measures to provide additional social guarantees for certain categories of citizens. " which ordered the Cabinet of Ministers to take urgent measures to establish guardianship, adoption, foster care unit in children's homes childre, ONE of whose parents died during ATO. Source of this information- ex-ombudsman Yuriy Pavlenko, but here's this law,, you can see that it's true
ÓÊÀÇ ÏÐÅÇÈÄÅÍÒÀ ÓÊÐÀ¯ÍÈ ¹ 835/2014 - Îôiöiéíå ïðåäñòàâíèöòâî Ïðåçèäåíòà Óêðà¿íè

Old 11-05-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
Yes, you got me right. It is decree "On urgent measures to provide additional social guarantees for certain categories of citizens. " which ordered the Cabinet of Ministers to take urgent measures to establish guardianship, adoption, foster care unit in children's homes childre, ONE of whose parents died during ATO. Source of this information- ex-ombudsman Yuriy Pavlenko, but here's this law,, you can see that it's true
ÓÊÀÇ ÏÐÅÇÈÄÅÍÒÀ ÓÊÐÀ¯ÍÈ ¹ 835/2014 - Îôiöiéíå ïðåäñòàâíèöòâî Ïðåçèäåíòà Óêðà¿íè
Selena, I went over it.
There is nothing outstanding there; what it basically says is that children with one parent ( or both parents) that were injured/killed during ATO ( i.e. the "fight for unity of Ukraine" ) become eligible for this government "social guarantees" such as placing children in the orphanages or group homes, if the surviving parent cant afford the child (most likely.)There is nothing about "American host" there of course, but we know how it all worked in Russia in the nineties.
The way I see it, Yatzenuk is IMFs man in Ukraine, in the same manner as Gaidar was their man back in the nineties in Russia.

Old 11-05-2014, 04:01 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,210 times
Quote:
You know I've tried to settle myself down these past few weeks as I look at the conflict between Rossiya and Ukraine.
What conflict? There is no any conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
The only serious conflict I see is between anti-russian propaganda of kievan junta which is allied with western lying media and the truth i.e. real things.

Quote:
So he will continue on and on with his destabilization policy.
By the way, Putin destabilized situation in Egypt, Lybia, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan as well.

travric, you are judging Putin and his policy by the lying reports of so called "free media". No wonder that your understanding of the actual Putin policy is a fantasy. Have you ever read what Putin really wants by his own words? Do you know what is his actual aims? Did you ever try to analyze his political statements independently? I mean, his whole statements, but not cut-offs of western interpreters.
Please do it and stop parroting BS of anti-russian propaganda.
I give you a couple of links for it (I think they will help to understand Putin's ideas a little) :

Putin's Prepared Remarks at 43rd Munich Conference on Security Policy

Putin lashes out at US, West for destabilizing world ? RT News

Last edited by musiqum; 11-05-2014 at 04:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe