Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 11:00 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,564 times

Advertisements

Curious about the strategic aspects of this activity. I read that the Donetsk separatist commander wants to move northward into some other towns to grab territory. Maybe down the road to be used for 'negotiation' later on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 11:19 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,537,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
From what I gather the airports status is currently unknown today. I guess the DNR cleaned out the Ukies but they have since counter attacked and may be back in it. Lots of artillery on both sides, Ukies are attacking in several places with great force.

The situation is unclear so if anyone has any good info put it up.
They keep on posting updates.

??????: ????? ??? ?????? 6 ???? ? ??????? ? ???????????????? ?? ????? ? ???????? (?????) | ??????? ?????

This is Zakharchenko talking. Looks like DNR is retaining the airport and is counter-attacking along the frontlines.

Old 01-18-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Curious about the strategic aspects of this activity. I read that the Donetsk separatist commander wants to move northward into some other towns to grab territory. Maybe down the road to be used for 'negotiation' later on?
No, from what I understood, Zakharchenko is saying that Kiev used the truce to amass more troops, preparing the new attack. Even the districts of Donetsk that haven't been bombed have been targeted lately by Ukrainian artillery. DNR were asking Kiev to move the heavy artillery behind the designated lines, but silence was usually the response. Zakharchenko sounds like a man who is tired of it all. Probably they ( in DNR) have set some goals in terms of the territory.
Russia is supplying the armament just fine; it's a shame that Putin didn't do what he should have done long time ago - i.e. brining troops and taking the South-Eastern territories.

Poroshenko is a stubborn pig. He is set on bringing more troops in and attacking and attacking and attacking. Apparently without Donbass his new masters are not cutting him deals he wants.
In the process he is killing a great deal of civilians, but no one cares of course, since it's Russian civilians who are dying. And they are killed right and left yet again after the new shelling of Ukrainian artillery.
I just don't want to put yet another video from Gorlovka.

Old 01-18-2015, 02:35 PM

Givi and Motorola today.
Graham Phillips is interviewing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9LI5Digi-8

At 0:48 ( after Givi said that it's over with the airport, it's taken by the rebels,) G.H. is asking " Givi, what's going on to happen next, what are you going to do?"
Givi: "Kiev. We'll march on Kiev. (expletives, expletives..."I'll show them "sweet loving..." I promise. ( more expletives.)
At 1:06 Graham Phillips; "Givi, we didn't see each other for some time ( I didn't take any interviews,) did you miss me?"
The reaction follows.
1:29; G.P; "Motorolla, there were rumors that you were killed;"
Motorolla ( in Ukrainian) "But you see that I am here."

They are having fun there I assume.

P.S. I read now that "Givi" took his nom de guerre to honor his Georgian grand-father.
That explains a thing or two.

Last edited by erasure; 01-18-2015 at 02:52 PM..

Old 01-19-2015, 06:56 AM

238 posts, read 198,338 times
If somebody still has any doubts, I want to confirm that Donetsk airport is freed from Ukrainian army. They tried to return there, but werу pushed further. Peski are almost free too. Today ia a very calm day, for the first time in the last few weeks. Yesterday was hell, few houses at the street where I was living before war are destroyed. Only two districts were more or less safe, but even here walls shook because of shellings. I don't know what to say about yesterday, thanks God we are alive.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:44 AM

Dobrogo rankoo/Dobre utro...a start in the New Year to add to my language knowledge...and to understand better some cultures of the world . So we go on...

Sometimes there are things which sort of 'cut to the chase' in the issues separating peoples. This video sort of gets down to the participants, particularly the soldiers. Here is 'Siberia' with his thoughts. He says he is half- Ukrainian and half- Russian. What one sees us that he appears to be slicing off his Ukrainian heritage...'fools partaking of foolishness'. I wish he didn't. It would help in stopping the civil war.

http://youtu.be/9dBNO2FR1FQ

Old 01-19-2015, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Dobrogo rankoo/Dobre utro...a start in the New Year to add to my language knowledge...and to understand better some cultures of the world . So we go on...
It's "dobroje utro" Travric. "Dobrogo rankoo" ( genetive case, nominative - "ranok" I assume) is not Russian, but some other Slavic language. Russian doesn't have the word "ranok," ( which I guess means "morning,") but Russian has the word "rano" ( which means "early,") with the same root, so this is how it's possible to figure out the meaning of this word. Hope this helps for your language knowledge.

Quote:
Sometimes there are things which sort of 'cut to the chase' in the issues separating peoples. This video sort of gets down to the participants, particularly the soldiers. Here is 'Siberia' with his thoughts. He says he is half- Ukrainian and half- Russian. What one sees us that he appears to be slicing off his Ukrainian heritage...'fools partaking of foolishness'. I wish he didn't. It would help in stopping the civil war.

Siberia: "This war is not between Russians and Ukrainians but between fascists and normal people". - YouTube
Again - "Siberia" is not "slicing off his Ukrainian heritage."
What he is against - the Ukrainian nationalism. The Bandera kind.
If with everything that took place in Ukraine last year you could have subtracted the element of the blatant nationalism there, if the new authorities wouldn't have started their "career" with banishment of Russian language and their desire to get rid of "anything Russian," but accepting their country for what it really was - an artificially-created bilingual conglomerate instead, things could have been very, very different for everyone. The South-Eastern part of the country wouldn't have felt threatened so much. And if in this case Russians would have started sending their soldiers/volunteers in, anyone could have said that it was an intervention purely for economic reasons ( as in Putin fighting for his economy.)
But with Ukrainian nationalism Bandera style that raised its ugly head in Ukraine, and new authorities relying on it, this is clearly not a case.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selena822 View Post
If somebody still has any doubts, I want to confirm that Donetsk airport is freed from Ukrainian army. They tried to return there, but werу pushed further. Peski are almost free too. Today ia a very calm day, for the first time in the last few weeks. Yesterday was hell, few houses at the street where I was living before war are destroyed. Only two districts were more or less safe, but even here walls shook because of shellings. I don't know what to say about yesterday, thanks God we are alive.
Selena I'm happy to hear that airport belongs to the opolchenie now. From what I understood even the areas of Donetsk that haven't been touched before were now shelled from the airport lately.
I watched it and it looked/sounded quite scary, although I am not sure what district it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I8LcHdyb10

After Givi and Motorolla whooped Ukrianian troops real well there, the criminal pig ( Poroshenko that is) started talking about "truce" yet again. Outrageous, really.
I was listening to the deputy of the DNR headquarters, and among other things ( like what kind of bombs have been used to shell civil targets in Gorlovka yesterday,) he was talking about the airport. And he said that the way Ukrainian commandment sent their troops to fight for the airport was to sent them for a sure death, because of their positioning. He considered this actions of Kiev's government towards their soldiers as criminal as the targeted bombing of civilian areas. ( No surprise, taking this in consideration.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScGV7ERor8c

These are graves of "unknown" (unidentified) Ukrainian soldiers near the city of Dnepropetrovsk. And that's just one place.

(And Poroshenko still dares to call the war that's going on "the anti-terrorist operation." )

Last edited by erasure; 01-19-2015 at 10:57 PM..

Old 01-20-2015, 06:37 AM

Thank you erasure for the tip on the language.

Well here's my take on the 'Bandera' nationalism. I think Mr. Siberia is stuck in a time warp. He interprets Ukrainian actions only in that way. He simply looks as if he is operating on conditioning like a Pavlov dog seeing meat. He certainly is not a 'thinking' man. Neither is Russia. They do not see that Ukraine has changed.

And speaking of language, Siberia's was Russian. He elected not to speak Ukrainian though he knew it. Unfortunately, it would seem that his Russian coupled with his use of bringing violence to Ukraine matches up with this ....'Violence is the language of the inarticulate'.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:08 AM

238 posts, read 198,338 times
Erasure, I am not sure what district on the video, but these houses are looking like houses in Kievskiy or Voroshilovskiy districts (the center of the city)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe