Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 05:38 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Where did the Pions come from? Rivna? Maybe.
If I'm not mistaken, Givi (rebels field commander) said that they had seized one Pion from Ukrainian army.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 06:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Kievs terms in the peace plan seems to be the submission of the rebel territories or the war continues.

Луценко назвал компромиссы, которые Киев допускает по Донбассу

With the blood shed so far I don't think the people of Lugansk and Donetsk obl are going to agree. It's gone too far for that.

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, Givi (rebels field commander) said that they had seized one Pion from Ukrainian army.
I think they got one this last summer but now they have at least 2. Video of 2 being shipped in November and then NAF driving around 2 seems funny to me.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:07 AM

303 posts, read 255,185 times
ÄÍÐ: Îïîë÷åíöû óíè÷òîæèëè ðàêåòó ñèëîâèêîâ è çàõâàòèëè óñòàíîâêè "Ïèîí" — Ðóñëàí Ìåëüíèêîâ — Ðîññèéñêàÿ ãàçåòà

Bezler takes four pion. I gave this link.

Last edited by Amok; 02-09-2015 at 06:22 AM..

Old 02-09-2015, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
With the blood shed so far I don't think the people of Lugansk and Donetsk obl are going to agree. It's gone too far for that.
It Is. They never agree that. Especially given the fact that Ukraine has made with the status of autonomy of the Crimea. Anyone will now hardly believe Ukraine that they do not want to just surround Donbass and eliminate unwanted.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:57 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,964 times
Now let's back up a minute. Why is Ukraine so doomed? Well, it's been mismanaged on a world-historical scale by oligarchs who, for decades, have skimmed billions off the country's nonexistent growth. That last part's not hyperbole. It seems almost impossible, but Ukraine's economy has actually shrunk since communism ended in 1991. Or since 1992. Or even 1993. And now its not-so-cold war with Russia is destroying the little that's left. It's not just that the rebel strongholds in the factory-heavy east have deprived Ukraine of a quarter of its industrial capacity. It's that it can't afford to fight against what's still it's biggest trading partner—Russia. Think about that. You don't usually trade a lot with the country you're going to battle against, but Ukraine's economy is so dependent on Russia's that it still trades more with it than any other country. That means anything that hurts Russia, like lower oil prices or sanctions, just redounds onto Ukraine, and puts it in an even bigger financial hole.(с)

Ukraine’s currency just collapsed 50 percent in two days - The Washington Post

Old 02-09-2015, 10:39 AM

Here is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS7usx7_4Zg

This crater from the explosion. I have to say - no one was hurt, nothing was destroyed, a shell fell into the forest. No ammunition depots, equipment, houses, thank God, was not there.

Crater depth of about 10 m. In the video, they say - will fit into it several football fields, a quarry. Land at the bottom of the funnel all alloys, trees scattered as chips. In the homes of 10 km from the explosion flew glass. What was going on in the neighboring houses, I do not know.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:55 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok View Post
Here is it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS7usx7_4Zg

This crater from the explosion. I have to say - no one was hurt, nothing was destroyed, a shell fell into the forest. No ammunition depots, equipment, houses, thank God, was not there.

Crater depth of about 10 m. In the video, they say - will fit into it several football fields, a quarry. Land at the bottom of the funnel all alloys, trees scattered as chips. In the homes of 10 km from the explosion flew glass. What was going on in the neighboring houses, I do not know.
I"m sure Putin's propaganda team was digging this crater all night long to vilify peace-loving Kiev's government and then in the morning presented it to gullible Russian viewers.

Old 02-09-2015, 10:58 AM

Of course

Old 02-09-2015, 11:10 AM

Kiev is purposefully destroying the infrastructure and the nature of Donbass, hoping to leave area desolated. From a lot of videos I saw that Ukrainian army doesn't mind pounding civilian areas as well, with no particular military targets in sight.
Being a native Russian speaker, and not watching Russian TV, I can see this all on Youtube. Being a US resident, I never see this information in US media.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Now let's back up a minute. Why is Ukraine so doomed? Well, it's been mismanaged on a world-historical scale by oligarchs who, for decades, have skimmed billions off the country's nonexistent growth. That last part's not hyperbole. It seems almost impossible, but Ukraine's economy has actually shrunk since communism ended in 1991. Or since 1992. Or even 1993. And now its not-so-cold war with Russia is destroying the little that's left. It's not just that the rebel strongholds in the factory-heavy east have deprived Ukraine of a quarter of its industrial capacity. It's that it can't afford to fight against what's still it's biggest trading partner—Russia. Think about that. You don't usually trade a lot with the country you're going to battle against, but Ukraine's economy is so dependent on Russia's that it still trades more with it than any other country. That means anything that hurts Russia, like lower oil prices or sanctions, just redounds onto Ukraine, and puts it in an even bigger financial hole.(с)

Ukraine’s currency just collapsed 50 percent in two days - The Washington Post
And Russia was not destroyed by oligarchs? Ukraine followed more or less the same scheme as Russia in the nineties, but the results were more dire, simply for a fact that Ukraine didn't have the same kind of natural resources that Russia had. Let's face it Maxim - the reasons behind Ukraine's poverty was not just "oligarchs," - it was the complex reasons of not being an economically independent country for the last 300 years, a country dependent on Russian/ Soviet economy, a country in many ways of Russian mentality, where people without being able to comprehend their economic situation wanted things to change miraculously overnight, just because they "told" their politicians "to join European Union."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe