Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 01:20 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,854 times

Advertisements

There is lots of videos that are like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq0KNfS_M44

Ukraine's borders have not been very stable historically. Soviet Union had lots' of trade between the states, but when Soviet union Run out of money to subsidize the states Ukraine was one of the first to leave the Union. Today Ukraine is one the most corrupt and poor country in Europe.

I think the population of Ukraine is 146 million today, it has been in the decline ever since Soviet Union.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2015, 01:46 PM

303 posts, read 255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
I do not buy those cries. Ukrainian citizens that live in Donbas region are being killed and their property destroyed, the people who are doing the killing are wearing Ukrainian flags and they are saying that they are fighting Russian insurgents.

If you live in Ukraine and see Poroshenko as a dictator, you become a "volunteer unit" not obeying Kiev.

If Russia is protecting it's interests in Ukraine, it's nothing that US would not have done had the situation been reversed.

I mean what happens if Ukrain's army puts it's arms down and goes home?

basically: Ukraine had a coupe, the new leadership is waging a civil war designed to kill off the population of Ukraine that sympotises with Russia and it's all Putin's fault. This is what you guys are telling me!

Russian Ukrainian border has visa free tourism, it's not that difficult for a private citizen to cross that border. Can private Russian citizen, outraged by the news cross the border to help the separatists ?

Can Putin help arm and supply the separatists? (US has never done the same ?)

Again, why is Ukrainian army using heavy artillery on their own cities targeting buildings, hospitals, kindergartens? There is a separatist with an Ak-47 hiding there.

I am not saying that Putin is the messiah, but like I said, Poroshenko does not belong in the free world.
I am not in any way condone Poroshenko I wish victory Donetsk.. and Merkel Because she with Putin still has a chance to stop the carnage, but not that big. US will not stop.

If you leave Poroshenko and the United States - you know what will happen. All look around and ask - why did this happen? And who gave such orders? Minghui people will not welcome the EU also.

And Putin.. will not intervene, it will only supply food, clothing, generators. If he put the weapon - will not be better. If Donbass goes on, under attack will not only Horlovka, which has almost ceased to exist, Makiyivka and others, under attack will be the whole of Ukraine. For Russia, the best option if Europe turn away from US, and will turn to Russia. Then Merkel can combine with France and Russia to remove Poroshenko. The beginning of this has already been made. There are some things in the US and the EU, hinting at such changes.

And about the DNR in the city .. And where would they be? If the army pressed them to Donetsk? leave Donetsk? Now, by the way, Army DNR came out from Donetsk and stands in front of it, but the bombardments of civil areas have not stopped. There are a lot of video, where Ukrainian army firing civil areas where there are no military.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:49 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,806,906 times
Even if the war ends, there is still the problem of salvaging Ukraine's civil society. A new generation untainted by oligarchy and Communist bureaucracy needs to come to power.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:52 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,806,906 times
No surprise here:

Putin's New Weapon In The Ukraine Propaganda War: Internet Trolls - Forbes

Of course, some of the pro-Russian people posting on this thread may really believe the things they are saying.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:55 PM

I don't ready to speak about USSR in English
I still do a lot of mistakes in words and Google Translate kosyachit sometimes so that it would be better kept it silent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
Russian economy is marching to another collapse, as Putin tries to maintain the fiction of a not sustainable "New USSR".
That's not it. Russia makes an excellent high-tech goods, but because at the time of development of Russian market of consumer goods was already occupied, even in Russia, these products .. specific.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:00 PM

Hard to say, there is 2 EFT's one can invest in RUSL and RUSS. One if you believe that Russian economy will grow and the other if you belie that Russian economy will colapse. I am satying away from it for now.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
Even if the war ends, there is still the problem of salvaging Ukraine's civil society. A new generation untainted by oligarchy and Communist bureaucracy needs to come to power.
No news outlet that I know of is telling the truth. Who sells more propaganda on the subject, CNN or RT is up to your individual religious beliefs, but rest assured none tell the whole truth.

Last edited by DPolo; 02-09-2015 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 02-09-2015, 02:11 PM

DPolo, thats truth. Nobody says all thuth.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:20 PM

To find out what is really happening in Ukraine, I have to ask people that are there. News, and I do monitor RT, CNN and BBC on the subject of Ukraine, the truth is somewhere in between.

But I am concerned, my constitution guarantees me a free media, so when I read lies on CNN, I get really sad.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:24 PM

What is happening now and what is said in the Donetsk and Lugansk close to Russia's position on this issue, that is I can say. What speak RT I do not know, because I do not look it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe