Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 01:58 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,463 times

Advertisements

LOL! Funny how Putin agreed to a cease-fire when they (Russians) keep claiming they aren't in the Ukraine (or even involved).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 03:44 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times
Re: Tribune article

You know they can argue about a solution all they want but nevertheless the Donbass is turning out to be like a Russia 'Sudetenland'. Whether or not it becomes ' autonomous' it will always be a contentious area because of the 'Russian' link that Putin constantly refers to in his view of Russian unity in his 'neighborhood'. That area then will always then be a locus for invasion further into Ukraine. Perhaps one day it will be a dangerous flashpoint.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:08 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
LOL! Funny how Putin agreed to a cease-fire when they (Russians) keep claiming they aren't in the Ukraine (or even involved).
LOL! Every article on this clearly states Putin convinced the separatists to agree to a cease fire.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
There is a thing i really didn't get. Where is the ukrainian army? It seems that in both side the majority of the fighters are irregulars troops.
Where is the Ukrainian army? Do not worry, Kiev supporters will not and cannot answer that one, as it openly contradicts their ridiculous opinions of support for Kiev.

I stated earlier; if Ukrainians were really all for this conflict with Donbass, they would be lined up for miles trying to get recruited into the army. Instead, Kiev has to basically blackmail people into doing it.

Ukraine also is in the top 25 (20th I think) largest military in the world, with over 100k troops and over 4000 tanks, and a mobilization component of millions of people, now tell me; how in the world can a country with millions of people and thousands of tanks and self propelled artillery, cannot manage to crush such a small rebel movement?

I will tell you why, it is because Kiev does not want to mobilize such large numbers, Kiev does not want to because it cannot, and if it could, Kiev is actually scared the military will turn on Kiev (we have already seen the threats). Despite the lovely western propaganda going on, the West is really not a fan of Kiev at all, hence the very lacking of support it is getting. Many people in Ukraine are not a fan of Kiev at all as well, so Kiev sure as heck does not want to mobilize one million troops in which most of them do not like Kiev. But in front of all of that, it is just a fact Kiev is having great difficulties even mobilizing small numbers of people, no one wants to do it, and those that do, it is often because of threats of ostracizing and disenfranchisement against them and their family.

This is why there are so many private paramilitary units going around (like our famed Azov), because these people are more likely to support Kiev, or they are just indifferent and like the money. It is easier to control who is in the private groups than in the gov military.

Old 02-12-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Hehe the old boy looks to be a very cool customer!

And on to some more serious things...
Comment by the Lithuianian foreign minister on the Minsky 'negotiations'..Intelligent and experienced man on the global/local chess game on the the board of Ukraine:

"We cannot trust a single-word of the Russian leadership...they are all worthless".

A damning indictment of an aggressive neighbor-state. He is saying Europe needs to be prepared for the worst.
Lithuanian jsut wants to hype things up so NATO money gets spent in their country. They would love nothing more than for NATO to spend billions for maintaining defense in the country.

Old 02-12-2015, 06:52 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: Tribune article

You know they can argue about a solution all they want but nevertheless the Donbass is turning out to be like a Russia 'Sudetenland'. Whether or not it becomes ' autonomous' it will always be a contentious area because of the 'Russian' link that Putin constantly refers to in his view of Russian unity in his 'neighborhood'. That area then will always then be a locus for invasion further into Ukraine. Perhaps one day it will be a dangerous flashpoint.
If they dithered and the separatists controlled Eastern Ukraine, there goes the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine when the region votes to secede. Instead, they stay a part of Ukraine.

Old 02-12-2015, 08:44 PM

235 posts, read 211,064 times

Лошары ))) Losers )))

Old 02-12-2015, 08:45 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
Where is the Ukrainian army? Do not worry, Kiev supporters will not and cannot answer that one, as it openly contradicts their ridiculous opinions of support for Kiev.

I stated earlier; if Ukrainians were really all for this conflict with Donbass, they would be lined up for miles trying to get recruited into the army. Instead, Kiev has to basically blackmail people into doing it.

Ukraine also is in the top 25 (20th I think) largest military in the world, with over 100k troops and over 4000 tanks, and a mobilization component of millions of people, now tell me; how in the world can a country with millions of people and thousands of tanks and self propelled artillery, cannot manage to crush such a small rebel movement?

I will tell you why, it is because Kiev does not want to mobilize such large numbers, Kiev does not want to because it cannot, and if it could, Kiev is actually scared the military will turn on Kiev (we have already seen the threats). Despite the lovely western propaganda going on, the West is really not a fan of Kiev at all, hence the very lacking of support it is getting. Many people in Ukraine are not a fan of Kiev at all as well, so Kiev sure as heck does not want to mobilize one million troops in which most of them do not like Kiev. But in front of all of that, it is just a fact Kiev is having great difficulties even mobilizing small numbers of people, no one wants to do it, and those that do, it is often because of threats of ostracizing and disenfranchisement against them and their family.

This is why there are so many private paramilitary units going around (like our famed Azov), because these people are more likely to support Kiev, or they are just indifferent and like the money. It is easier to control who is in the private groups than in the gov military.
Bravo.

Old 02-13-2015, 02:21 AM

827 posts, read 630,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

Ukrainian army doesn't want to fight because there are a lot of russians in? Or they just don't think the war is legitimate?

Old 02-13-2015, 02:43 AM

49 posts, read 73,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I will tell you why, it is because Kiev does not want to mobilize such large numbers, Kiev does not want to because it cannot, and if it could, Kiev is actually scared the military will turn on Kiev (we have already seen the threats).
What? Why would it turn on Kiev?
You've got it all wrong about that, I'm, as a Ukrainian, can tell you that, one the reasons that many people don't want to go to war at Donbass, is because they doubt that it's really necessary to keep DNR/LNR in Ukraine, and the other reason is that the government can't declare a full-scale war and keeps calling it 'ATO', so the soldiers can't go with a strong counter-attack, they just have to stay at their positions and defend themselves, without a possibility to advance (with only some exception in Mariupil-Shyrokyne area).

I can only speak for Kiev, but I'm 99% sure that it's the same attitude in the rest of Ukraine, there's no change that our own army would march on ourselves, that's just nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe