Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2015, 08:30 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,586,726 times

Advertisements

Comrade Arsenii, your statement is very amusing in the light of numerous statements by the Russian nazis fighting in Ukraine, they fight to dismember Ukraine (at bare minimum), carve out and annex "Novorossiya"; extermination of Ukrainian as a self aware nation with a separate language, mentality and customs is high on the list too. Some generously would exclude Western Ukraine from the Russian Reich, some are willing to take Lvov too. Thorough genocide of Ukrainian speakers, total Russification and assimilation, the final solution of Ukrainian problem, these are staples of the "Russian world" fully implemented in the occupied territories of Donbass and Crimea. The final solution is the ultimate objective of the Russian nazis and Russian state. The exact demonization techniques they use for propaganda purposes are irrelevant. If not USA, they would claim that Ukraine allied itself with devil and thus deserves what it gets.

Russian nazis and average citizens are under an impression that they are in the epicenter of the battle with evil USA or even cosmic evil itself, any happening in the world is somehow masterminded by Anglo Saxons waging eternal war against Russian greatness. It is pure paranoia, psychological protection of a sort, especially in the light of outspoken western impotency. Russian realities are so oppressive that imagining an evil enemy mastermind behind the bleak realities is a cheap psychological trick people use to cope.

Last edited by RememberMee; 02-14-2015 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Sure-sure, and now care to comment on the first link? Because it overrides everything you are saying here.
The likes of you love to comment on "Russian aggression" but conveniently skip the "Maidan" part.
What about maidan, comrade? Russian language dominated maidan, I don't see how your link relates to that. People have the right to revolt against the corrupt regime suspending freedom of speech and assembly, not speaking of robbing the country blind, and selling it off to the corrupt Russian or any other cleptocracy. It's an internal matter. You didn't tell us why pro Russian forces could not organize a maidan in Donetsk and instead chose to shed blood from the day one by beating and killing pro Ukrainian demonstrators. And then influx of the Russian nazis and fsb operatives salivating after Greater Russia made war inevitable. In the beginning, even front men for the Donetsk "republics" were brought from Russia. Neither herr Putin nor me could foresee Ukrainian resistance, army was destroyed and demoralized, so was the government. Putin smelled an easy kill, but something didn't pan out, Ukrainian people self-organized and resisted.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:04 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
I guess Shakeasswilly found a job.

ÓÊÀÇ ÏÐÅÇÈÄÅÍÒÀ ÓÊÐÀ¯ÍÈ ¹ 78/2015 - Îôiöiéíå ïðåäñòàâíèöòâî Ïðåçèäåíòà Óêðà¿íè

Some people might worship this fool and actually listen to what he has to say but for me a kick in the teeth would be too good for him.

I think this agreement is dead on arrival. Some of the conditions are no go for the LNR and DNR. Ukrainian patrols/police on their border with Russia? Not likely. Cease fire in Debaltsevo? I wouldn't and the NAF says the cease fire doesn't apply to the town. They'll blow them out or starve them out first.

Godspeed to those 3 boys.

This whole affair is an atrocity.

ArsenyK. Do you have anything about what is going on between Kiev EU and US on Ukrainian media? Anything is helpful and it's hard for us english speakers to find.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Another question that I have now, is what they are going to do about 8,000 Ukrainian troops that are sitting in Debaltsevo's cauldron? They are people too you know...
Minsk 2 was supposed to stop fighting and to start withdrawal of the heavy weapons. You hint on the strong possibility of comrade Putin lying again and making the promises he didn't mean to keep?

Old 02-14-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
I guess Shakeasswilly found a job.

ÓÊÀÇ ÏÐÅÇÈÄÅÍÒÀ ÓÊÐÀ¯ÍÈ ¹ 78/2015 - Îôiöiéíå ïðåäñòàâíèöòâî Ïðåçèäåíòà Óêðà¿íè

Some people might worship this fool and actually listen to what he has to say but for me a kick in the teeth would be too good for him.

I think this agreement is dead on arrival. Some of the conditions are no go for the LNR and DNR. Ukrainian patrols/police on their border with Russia? Not likely. Cease fire in Debaltsevo? I wouldn't and the NAF says the cease fire doesn't apply to the town. They'll blow them out or starve them out first.

Godspeed to those 3 boys.

This whole affair is an atrocity.

ArsenyK. Do you have anything about what is going on between Kiev EU and US on Ukrainian media? Anything is helpful and it's hard for us english speakers to find.
There is no LNR or DNR, please, there is Russian regime waging a war to establish a sphere of influence, and uncontested control of Ukraine as a bare minimum. This sort of atrocity doesn't belong in the 21st century.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:31 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
There is no LNR or DNR, please, there is Russian regime waging a war to establish a sphere of influence, and uncontested control of Ukraine as a bare minimum. This sort of atrocity doesn't belong in the 21st century.
Exactly. Russia needs to be stopped in its aggression, or there will be huge negative consequences for Europe. The future of the continent is at stake.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:33 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,844 times
Quote:
You've got nothing to say I take seriously. You contribute nothing but comedy to this thread which is the only reason you and your ilk aren't on my ignore list.

Keep up the good work though. It's funny as hell and well worth what you're paid.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
You've got nothing to say I take seriously. You contribute nothing but comedy to this thread which is the only reason you and your ilk aren't on my ignore list.

Keep up the good work though. It's funny as hell and well worth what you're paid.
His comments were 100% true. You need to contact the Kremlin for updated talking points about the "evil West" and the "peace-loving Putin".

Are those Russian soldiers in Ukraine coming home in bodybags still only "on vacation", or is the Kremlin now telling a different story? Maybe they "accidentally" crossed into Ukraine (maybe their GPS stopped working), or maybe it is "evil Americans" dressed up as Russian soldiers!

Old 02-14-2015, 09:41 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,565,479 times
It's very doubtful that the rebels would go beyond East Ukraine as that is the only area where they have popular support. On the other hand, various governments in NATO have previously gone on record as saying they're not interested in just splitting Ukraine into two.

Sen. Inhofe tried to pass off an old war photo from Georgia as 'proof' that Russian troops are in Ukraine.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...troops-ukraine

This reminds me of the various Boko Haram photos of alleged massacres using doctored photos of the US-Iraq war in 2003. There are a lot of similarities between how Islamic State, Boko Haram, and Ukraine operate using the media to exaggerate or falsify events. One could be foregiven for thinking that there is a common organization working with these groups to use social media and a cooperative news media to shape the version of events and influence public opinion.

Old 02-14-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
It's very doubtful that the rebels would go beyond East Ukraine as that is the only area where they have popular support. On the other hand, various governments in NATO have previously gone on record as saying they're not interested in just splitting Ukraine into two.
Not one inch of Ukraine will ever be recognized as Russia. There will NEVER be a case when anyone recognizes Crimea or East Ukraine as Russian. It will only be "Russia" to a few crazy Russians, until Putin is overthrown (probably killed) and then everything goes back to the legal borders.

And stop already with the "pictures". There are thousands of pictures of Russians in Ukraine, there are dead Russians coming home every day from Ukraine, and even Putin admits Russian troops and equipment are in Ukraine. He only says that they are "on vacation" or "retired" soldiers or "mercenaries", and he has no control over their actions outside of work and outside of Russia.

And obviously Putin will go as far as he can, and will not stop in Crimea or East Ukraine. Why would he stop? He has invaded a number of adjacent countries since assuming his dictatorship, and will continue, until he is stopped. He has nothing else to offer to Russia besides a facade of "recreating the USSR" even as the country becomes poorer and more isolated by the day, and even as all the rich flee for NYC and London.

Five years ago you would never hear Russian in the Upper East Side (richest neighborhood in NYC). Now you hear Russian everywhere, there are Russian schools, Russian stores, and Russian institutions. The same thing is happening in posh parts of London. Russia in 2015 is exactly like Iran in 1975 or so. At some point, the urban dwellers, who hate Putin, will revolt, and the rich will all be gone, and will not be able to defend Putin. The wealthy in Moscow have all moved their families to the West.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe