Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 06:25 AM

435 posts, read 420,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
We are in the first hundred. Very good. :-D

"In a running race between Putin and Obama, Putin honorable finished in second place. Obama finished the last but one."

look, still interesting information on Schengen visas. Russia on the first place, Russians most of all wish to receive Schengen visas in the world: )

I got confused: all of you consider the West as enemies or friends? )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 06:39 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,797,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
P.S If you are referring to Litvinenko case mentioning the "poisoner," then don' forget that Litvinenko himself was the former KGB agent.
You don't walk away from that organization that easily.
As I've already said, you shake hands with the devil, you invite devil in your own house.
That goes each and every way.
Yes I am referring to Litvinenko. No, there's no angels in Ukrainian politics, I know that much. Here, a new word for democracy in Ukraine has been coined; roistokratia, the "thiefcracy". Which means that in most countries politics try to do at least some good, in Ukraine they try to make a fortune for themselves or beat up people, like the long-haired Svoboda MP. But as we've seen a lot of Ukrainians are dead tired of this, and if it takes that you have to make a pact with the devil to get this to stop, so be it.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:20 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,615,477 times
Quote:
But as we've seen a lot of Ukrainians are dead tired of this, and if it takes that you have to make a pact with the devil to get this to stop, so be it.
Sure looks it. It isn't a secret that Central/Eastern Europe simply runs on rampant endemic corruption. I read something to the extent that the s*** has hit the fan in the Russia Fed and no doubt in Ukraine as well that it's getting to the point that people can't even give the expected 'bribes' anymore to conduct normal day to day 'business'. It's gone to the bottom of the barrel so to speak. There's nothing more to give. Yet Mr. Putin make it nice now in Crimea where supposedly he's doubled pensions with his invasion. The old boy's bought'em off......for the time being. It will be interesting how long the gravy train lasts.

And let's keep watching those borders! Mr. Putin supposedly pulled back a coupleof 'unidentified' troops...;-)...The greatest fictional 'Russian' army in the world waiting on the outskirts. Just to note: they will move on 'pretext'. I do not give an iota of trust to the situation.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:51 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,797,212 times
The liar-murderer-poisoner Yanukovych said today that he'll hope Crimea could join Ukraine again. Look at that. Putin gave the "evil eye" to Yanukovych?

Old 04-02-2014, 11:31 AM

435 posts, read 420,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The liar-murderer-poisoner Yanukovych said today that he'll hope Crimea could join Ukraine again. Look at that. Putin gave the "evil eye" to Yanukovych?
It Putin's panic or Yanukovych's tongue-tie: ) Maybe he again incorrectly read its text for conference? )

Old 04-02-2014, 01:04 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,676 times
Quote:
Looks like he wants his job back.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:02 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,529,485 times
Quote:
Yes I am referring to Litvinenko. No, there's no angels in Ukrainian politics, I know that much. Here, a new word for democracy in Ukraine has been coined; roistokratia, the "thiefcracy". Which means that in most countries politics try to do at least some good, in Ukraine they try to make a fortune for themselves or beat up people, like the long-haired Svoboda MP. But as we've seen a lot of Ukrainians are dead tired of this, and if it takes that you have to make a pact with the devil to get this to stop, so be it.
Sure, but keep in mind that devil doesn't stop where you think it should.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Reacting is easy when you willingly interpret every single move of the West as a provocation...

Crimea? The US and the EU. Georgia? The West! Transnistria? West! Corruption in our own country? Also the West. Somehow.
What "every single move?"
Of course if enemy's backed government is eying your fleet and seaport, that's not just "provocation" but downright threat to the national interests ( Russian interests in this case, but insert the name of any other country here and the formula would be the same.)

Georgia? Of course it's very undesirable to have a country promoting someone else's interests in the area vital to Russian interests. Particularly that the country in question owes Russia historically speaking, and hence it's the one that used to be a reliable ally.
Corruption? Not that Russia never had it before, but the specific kind that it has got within the last 20 years - that was courtesy of the West.

Last edited by erasure; 04-02-2014 at 04:28 PM..

Old 04-02-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwiththewind View Post
Yes, continue reducing the whole country into one big "Pravy Sektor" to justify Russian imperialism.

This is what you have been actively doing throughout this thread.

Is that you, Vladimir?
The text/links that I've provided in this case didn't have anything to do with Pravy Sector.
Vladimir makes you nervous I see...

Old 04-02-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Sure looks it. It isn't a secret that Central/Eastern Europe simply runs on rampant endemic corruption. I read something to the extent that the s*** has hit the fan in the Russia Fed and no doubt in Ukraine as well that it's getting to the point that people can't even give the expected 'bribes' anymore to conduct normal day to day 'business'. It's gone to the bottom of the barrel so to speak. There's nothing more to give. Yet Mr. Putin make it nice now in Crimea where supposedly he's doubled pensions with his invasion. The old boy's bought'em off......for the time being. It will be interesting how long the gravy train lasts.

And let's keep watching those borders! Mr. Putin supposedly pulled back a coupleof 'unidentified' troops...;-)...The greatest fictional 'Russian' army in the world waiting on the outskirts. Just to note: they will move on 'pretext'. I do not give an iota of trust to the situation.
And he has plenty of "pretex" in Eastern Ukraine.
This is just in - appointed by Kiev, governor of Donbass Sergey Taruta arrives to a town meeting, "to talk" to the local population of Gorlovka, a city in Donetsk region.

Horlivka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do I need to translate here, or you can figure out what's going on and what the crowd is chanting during this meeting, in Taruta's face?
Of course American mercenaries will be called in pretty soon, to help Taruta explain to Eastern Ukrainians what happiness is all about.

Как в Горловке губернатор Донецкой области Тарута пытался общаться с жителями - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe