Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 12:59 PM

435 posts, read 420,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Ukraine will only have a remaining population of 33 million people if these 3 oblasts join Russia along with Crimea and Sevastopol.
It is very probable now.
But for separatists of the East it is difficult to work. East it not Crimea. There are a lot of businessmen for example which don't want to Russia.
Therefore the split scenario there will be more difficult to be carried out much more than in the Crimea.

Meetings of separatists don't take more than 3000 people (from them 300-500 people always citizens of Russia who act on a task).
But and the East we have one big problem- oligarch Akhmetov who supports (I am sure) separatists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 01:04 PM

102 posts, read 106,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
How much did they pay you? The Russians, I mean.

I was there for the sake of my future.
You may not believe but most people at the square could hit the person who would ask the same question like yours.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:05 PM

And now I am sure for 90% that we will enter NATO. If to speak about my opinion - I have that mixed feelings.
On the one hand we can't resist to aggression independently, and NATO becomes exact a limiting factor for Russia.
And from other party - NATO will demand from Ukraine much, and whether we will be able to give it? Here it is the real question.
After all membership in NATO is a barter, instead of charity.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:08 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1992 View Post
I was there for the sake of their future.
You may not believe but most people at the square could hit the person who would ask the same question like yours.
I know they would. They would be shouting "provocateur" and forcing me to walk on my knees downhill.

Well, what's your thoughts then? Why would it be better to join Russia? Are you aware that nobody on earth will recognize your shift? Why didn't you attempt to switch sides during the Orange Revolution? Why now?

Old 04-07-2014, 01:09 PM

And in the east anti-terrorist operations just began... now terribly. Began in Donetsk...

Old 04-07-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I know they would. They would be shouting "provocateur" and forcing me to walk on my knees downhill.

Well, what's your thoughts then? Why would it be better to join Russia? Are you aware that nobody on earth will recognize your shift? Why didn't you attempt to switch sides during the Orange Revolution? Why now?
It's my choice. And it's the choice of people of my city. The Kiev government and its supporters are foreign to the us. People of Russia is closer than the people in West of Ukraine.

I write primarily about cultural values. Material benefit and things like that, it is important but I don't need it now.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
It's my choice. And it's the choice of people of my city. The Kiev government and its supporters are foreign to the us. People of Russia is closer than the people in West of Ukraine.

I write primarily about cultural values. Material benefit and things like that, it is important but I don't need it now.
If you feel closer to Russia, why don't you move there? You're forcing your Oblast to switch to Russia without asking anybody else than your pals.

My city is foreign to people from Lapland, but the people there aren't making cries for a referendum to split and join Norway, for example.

live action: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kharkov-antimaidan

Old 04-07-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
If you feel closer to Russia, why don't you move there? You're forcing your Oblast to switch to Russia without asking anybody else than your pals.
Can you understand me? I write about myself and about the people who grew up on their land. We will hold a referendum on this issue.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Can you understand me? I write about myself and about the people who grew up on their land. We will hold a referendum on this issue.
Honestly, if the referendum is done the same way as in Crimea, I don't think it makes much of an difference.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Honestly, if the referendum is done the same way as in Crimea, I don't think it makes much of an difference.
These are our challenges.
Europe's opinion is not important for us. People do it for yourself not for Foreigners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe