Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2014, 11:48 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The west is not stealing land from other countries, Russia is. There are better solutions than stealing
It has been done in the past, look at old Mexico and history of US expansion. Since 1947 roughly 55 million people have died having "democracy" bestowed upon them by the kind and benevolent hand of America my friend. We don't always occupy a country, we just put our people in power there. Often times at a terrible price.

Your statement is nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 11:49 AM

3,102 posts, read 5,615,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Thanks. To GK...is the translation adequate? Unfortunately, I cannot read Russian.
Letter truthful!
It states - Ukraine got the best piece from the USSR, compared to all the 15 republics. They most scream we all better and smarter. But in 23 years and could not show it in practice. Have created the collapse of Ukraine, but today accused Russia in this. Yanukovych got to help (from Russia) for the economy of Ukraine more than many EU republic, but people overthrew him. In Europe, it would be worn on the hands as a hero. Just as Western politicians said fed maidan. And instead of the real promised aid handed out bread.
as well as the good life in Latvia, the prices for utility bills in reality were much more expensive than in Ukraine. Now it will be the same as in Latvia.

But it should be read as it is written. Не very interesting to write.

Last edited by GreyKarast; 04-06-2014 at 12:16 PM..

Old 04-06-2014, 01:03 PM

102 posts, read 106,103 times
In Kharkiv, Donetsk and Luhansk were captured main administrative buildings. Russian flag again adorns the roofs of the buildings.
Kiev authorities called a meeting, but they can't do anything.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:44 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyKarast View Post
Why this article?What do you say?
This means that Putin is aware that certain part of Russian population doesn't support him at all, and that he, too is in danger of people contesting his grip on power. He wants to prevent this from happening and hence - the new draconian measures to diminish the risk.
At this point however I don't see any particular risk for him, because
A. Russians do see the increasing attempts of the West to do harm to Russia and her interests ( so the sentiment "enemy is at the gate" is there.)
2. Russian liberals/democrats refuse to untie with Russian nationalists in achieving the goal to contest Putin's power ( unlike what happened recently in Ukraine)
and 3. I suspect that in case of Crimea Putin scored big time with Russian nationalists, thus weakening their confrontational attitude.

Last edited by erasure; 04-06-2014 at 01:55 PM..

Old 04-06-2014, 01:54 PM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1992 View Post
In Kharkiv, Donetsk and Luhansk were captured main administrative buildings. Russian flag again adorns the roofs of the buildings.
Kiev authorities called a meeting, but they can't do anything.
Good. I'm glad that once they've closed the borders, everyone can see now the blatant lies of Western media ( and Kiev's government) that it were all "busloads of Russian "provocateurs" that were the culprit of these protests, and if not for them, Eastern Ukrainians would have followed the directions of the new government like obedient sheep.
The reforms of EU/IMF enforced on Ukraine are directed at economic destruction of South-Eastern Ukraine, they are NOT in the interest of these regions (and I don't even mention the imposing of Western Ukrainian culture onto the Eastern part that's historically quite different.) Therefore South-East of Ukraine has EVERY RIGHT to resist the new government. They didn't vote for it, they didn't invite it, they didn't choose it.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:58 PM

3,102 posts, read 5,615,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
This means that Putin is aware that certain part of Russian population doesn't support him at all, and that he, too is in danger of people contesting his grip on power. He wants to prevent this from happening and hence - the new draconian measures to diminish the risk.
At this point however I don't see any particular risk for him, because
A. Russians do see the increasing attempts of the West to do harm to Russia and her interests ( so the sentiment "enemy is at the gate" is there.)
2. Russian liberals/democrats refuse to untie with Russian nationalists in achieving the goal to contest Putin's power ( unlike what happened recently in Ukraine)
and 3. I suspect that in case of Crimea Putin scored big time with Russian nationalists, thus weakening their confrontational attitude.
Thank you explained, I thank you for it!
I can tell you today that Putin supports more people than they have in recent years. 81 regions held a demonstration in support of the Crimea and Putin for the last 2 months.
Today, Putin is supported by most people!
many years we have seen how our government pandering to the West. Today we see that we are not puppets more and we have our own way.
If it will be so in the future, Putin is our president for many years.

Old 04-07-2014, 04:11 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,228,322 times
In Donetsk, people are chanting "Putin!"

Old 04-07-2014, 04:25 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,869,561 times
Breaking news : in Donetsk the insurgents just called a separate 'Donetsk Republic'. Kiev already has no power there anymore! following the news hour by hour now! what will the EUSSR and US do ? bomb Russia? (rolf)

Old 04-07-2014, 06:27 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,795,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Breaking news : in Donetsk the insurgents just called a separate 'Donetsk Republic'. Kiev already has no power there anymore! following the news hour by hour now! what will the EUSSR and US do ? bomb Russia? (rolf)
Why?

I can claim a republic of my own, but that doesn't mean it has a difference. And I, for example can't ask US forces to 'liberate' my newfound republic.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:00 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,339 times
Well, this isn't a shock:
ИТАÐ*-ТАСС: Международна  панорама - Депутаты Донецкого областного совета объявили о независимост ¸ Донецкой народной республики
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe