Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2014, 04:40 PM

1,863 posts, read 5,148,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
The text/links that I've provided in this case didn't have anything to do with Pravy Sector.
I didn't open the links. I just read the titles (and your posts in this thread).

Quote:
Vladimir makes you nervous I see...
Not at all. I've other things to worry about that have nothing to do with anything we discuss here.

I was just wondering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 09:07 PM

5,786 posts, read 4,230,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by From Ukraine View Post

look, still interesting information on Schengen visas. Russia on the first place, Russians most of all wish to receive Schengen visas in the world: )

I got confused: all of you consider the West as enemies or friends? )
Russian travel a lot and bring a lot of money in the European Union. Russian believe that the West is a friend, so they get angry when West starts fouling.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:36 AM

NASA Breaks Most Contact With Russia

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/03/wo...f=science&_r=2

Very sad.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:45 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,062,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Russian travel a lot and bring a lot of money in the European Union. Russian believe that the West is a friend, so they get angry when West starts fouling.
The west is not stealing land from other countries, Russia is. There are better solutions than stealing.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
The west is not stealing land from other countries, Russia is. There are better solutions than stealing.
Yes, the West has just bombed a major European city (Berlgrad) and killing hundreds of civilians.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:23 AM

847 posts, read 1,179,655 times
Quote:
and killing hundreds of civilians.
There was a civil war there. Not here. Conflicts of different groups, but not a civil war.

Even in Transnistria the conflict was more large scale and so our interference was more justified. Though I hope that it's all more calmed down in the last decades and they'll find a well-balanced decision.

I understand the strategic and historical importance of the naval base for us. That's why I feel contradictory.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:54 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,616,150 times
Quote:
Corruption? Not that Russia never had it before, but the specific kind that it has got within the last 20 years - that was courtesy of the West.
You know I'd say that unfortunately the 'capitalism' in Russia was imported in such a way that its pickup negated any successful implementation in its society after the country was trying to get over its experience with communism. In hindsight, because it was a 'not invented here syndrome' it was doomed to get great criticism and fallout. Plus, more importantly, the wrong people were pulling the eco strings.

So with failure it's not too surprisng the West would be blamed for generating Russian problems. On the contrary, Russia just couldn't handle the 'alien' situation. But the ones controlling the strings easily lined their own grungy pockets. I'd suggest they were making up for lost time and money and abject deprivation from the communistic era. They needed to get theirs and the hell with everybody else in Russia. Just an observation.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:34 AM

26,778 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
And "other countries" shouldn't have had the Russian land with Russian fleet at the first place.
There were "better solutions" for Russia than to let it go in the nineties, but Russia was in no position to implement them. Well it is in position to fix the mistake now.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Yes, the West has just bombed a major European city (Berlgrad) and killing hundreds of civilians.
Just bombed Belgrade? Are you sure? The 1999 NATO attacks were not to steal land.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:23 AM

Quote:
And "other countries" shouldn't have had the Russian land with Russian fleet at the first place.
There were "better solutions" for Russia than to let it go in the nineties, but Russia was in no position to implement them. Well it is in position to fix the mistake now.
You do not steal land by force !!! That is what Hitler did. Get it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe